main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2004 Presidential Election Poll: Who did you vote for?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Quixotic-Sith, Nov 2, 2004.

?

2004 Presidential Election Poll: Who did you vote for?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Kerry

40.5%
  2. Bush

50.6%
  3. Nader

1.3%
  4. Badnarik

5.1%
  5. Cobb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Peroutka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Didn't vote

2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I voted for the President of yesterday, today and the next four years.

2. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Wow...even here Bush won ! Congratulations to my fellow Conservatives and Bush suporters! Job Well Done.

(hopefully Bush will remain the victor and I wont have to revoke that statement) :)

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I voted for the guy that Al Jazzira DIDN'T endorse ;)

4. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I DIDN'T vote for the candidate who thinks "cowboy diplomacy" is the best way to run the world.

5. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Let's keep the political jabs out of the thread; there is a zero tolerane policy in effect.

Thanks.

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Personally, I'm grateful that Bush won by a clear margin in Florida, and that he won an absolute majority of the popular vote. As much as I disagree with the values and policies of the winning candidate, this outcome is good for the United States purely in terms of providing a clear cut victory the legitimacy of which should not and hopefully will not be challenged in any meaningful way.

7. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I voted for Kerry in Massachusetts (which Bush uses as a dirty word, alongside "lawyer" and "liberal").

If Bush wins, then I'm going to become the Dmitri Shostakovich of America. So its got its pluses and minuses.

8. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    So struggling through a middle-class tax cut offers the same inspiration as living through the horrors of Stalinistic genocide?

9. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    So struggling through a middle-class tax cut offers the same inspiration as living through the horrors of Stalinistic genocide?

not directly, but i think it's hard for me, personally, to comprehend that, not only am i living smack in the middle of the nation which is currently the biggest threat to the general welfare of humanity on the planet, but that the majority of the population voted in favor. i can't speak for Bendu, but i have the definite sense that i'm living "behind enemy lines," so to speak.

some people on other online communities are talking about this in terms of a Cold Civil War. there is the sense that Red America is a hostile foreign entity intent on destroying Blue America's way of life and committing a policy of institutionalized mass murder abroad. the argument has been made that our role in a United States where two (and soon to be three) branches of the government are controlled by the enemy is to obstruct, to sandbag, to hamper the American conservative juggernaut by whatever means seem appropriate and necessary.

i don't think that anyone i know feels like they even remotely comprehend the people who live in the red states, or consider them to be countrymen. it could not be more clear that we don't share common values, that we don't share common goals, that we don't share a common culture. i fear Texas more than i fear al-Qaeda.

10. MoonTheLoon

MoonTheLoon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    George W. Bush

11. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    some people on other online communities are talking about this in terms of a Cold Civil War. there is the sense that Red America is a hostile foreign entity intent on destroying Blue America's way of life and committing a policy of institutionalized mass murder abroad.

No offense is intended here, but that is certainly the danger of groupthink.

Maybe everyone on those other messageboards simply need to interact with those who have different views. After all, there are still real people behind those ideas you fear so much, no different than yourself.

i don't think that anyone i know feels like they even remotely comprehend the people who live in the red states, or consider them to be countrymen.

Again, I don't think this is the case except with those who have extreme views. Most everyone I know are perfectly willing to work out their differences.

What you seem to be describing is kind of a weird far left version of the militia movement that was a weird far right backlash to the Clinton years.

The bottom line is that one can still disagree, but remain rational.

12. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    My husband and I both voted for Dubya and *gasp* he's a union member.

13. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    moving discussion to the current elections thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.