main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2004 Summer Fan Fiction Awards Before the Saga Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Summer_Fanfic_Awards, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

Summer_Fanfic_Awards Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004

The lights dim and silence spreads throughout the audience. Suddenly a spotlight appears on a young Darth Maul center stage, staring at the ground. Slowly he raises his head, his eyes glaring out at the audience.

Then he smiles and begins to sing, ?Be? our? guest, be our guest??

Qui-Gon slides in from the sidelines and puts his arm around Maul, ?Put our talent to the test.?

A young Jabba the Hutt squirms in slowly from the other side of the stage, ?Tie a chain around your neck, cherie, and we?ll provide the rest.?

Mace Windu magically appears on the stage surrounded by smoke, ?Awards, du?jour??

?Quotes galore,? Yoda adds as he tap dances his entrance onto the stage.

?Entertainment for your soul,? Xanatos juggles three lit lightsabers as he walks toward center stage.

A young Bail?dressed in what looks like a clown suit?saunters on stage as everyone, audience included, joins in the song, ?Tell us which quotes you find delicious.?

Now all the characters on stage, joined by Bariss, Siri, Bant and more, are dancing in synch.

A five year old Anakin Skywalker stands in the spotlight and sings in a high pitch voice, ?Don?t believe us? Ask the??

Suddenly Anakin is zapped by Force lighting and he falls to the stage. A hooded sith lord steps out of the shadows, ?I hate musicals. And, I hate introductions. Let?s get to the show already.?

?Come attacking us, you cannot,? Yoda says to the sith. ?Pay for this, you will.?

The curtain quickly lowers to the stage and you see the Jedi ganging up on the sith before your view is completely obstructed by the curtain.

Welcome to the 2004 Summer Fan Fiction Before the Saga Awards Ceremony!

I, Kettch_the_Jedi will be tonight?s host along with many familiar Star Wars Characters helping out. Any disturbances in the proceedings will be taken care of by our Jedi Masters, aka the moderators. Any uses of the Dark Side will be dealt with by Yoda, Mace Windu and Adi Galla. Any uses of the Light Side will be dealt with by Xanatos, Maul and Dooku. Lighting will be overseen by Palpatine and the sound system will be under Bail?s control. Mind tricks and negative comments are not allowed and will be swiftly dealt with. Betting is prohibited and will be patrolled by our volunteer Hutts. In addition, we have many bounty hunters armed with cloned Anakin Skywalker kids and they will be insuring that eveyone is having fun or else the offenders will be forced to take a clone home.

Please keep comments relevant to the thread for the sake of those with dial-up connections. A running tally of winners will be posted below and the entertainment will be posted by Awards_Sock.

Lastly, special thanks go out to the great board members who volunteered their time to help in the awards:

Vote counters: each saga had two vote counters working independently to tally the votes.

kayladie97
    Lt_Jaina_Solo
    JayaSolo
    NarundiJedi
    SaberBlade
    solojones

Nomination Counters: these are the people that tallied daily the nominations

spiritgurl
    kayladie97
    NarundiJedi

Verifiers: these people kept the awards safe from evil socks

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose
    DarthIshtar
    Kathryn

Mark-up Coders: these people made the voting thread possible.

FamousAmos
    JayaSolo
    kayladie97
    Lt_Jaina_Solo
    saberblade
    solojones
    dianethx

Others:
    A special thanks to our Entertainment Director NarundiJedi and our Expert Coder FamousAmos who spent an entire weekend coding along with working on these ceremony threads. In addition, thanks to DarthIshtar, Rose_Skywalker and Knight_Dilettante for their contributions to the entertainment and dianethx and Reihla for their editing.

And, now on to the awards? The first announcement will be posted in a few minutes to give people time to settle in to their chairs.

List of the winners. Highlite to read, skip over if you

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    ::Arrives wearing a long flowing emerald sleeveless dress. Her long red hair done up in multiple braids hanging down her back. Holding her left arm is Knight D'Lockens wearing his Jedi tunic. His hair loosely tied back in a pony tail. His Padawan, wearing her tunic, is off on his other arm. The three take a seat and await the excitement of the night's award ceremony.::

I place my cloak that I was carrying on the seat next to me for Layren, remember she said she would be a little late.

"Master, this is great! This will be our first outing among the people of Earth." A shimmer of mischief reflects in her green eyes as she turns to look up at him. "Are you going to taste their food for judgement, Master?" She whispers to him as she smirks.

"Menaria!" He chuckles and eyes his Padawan with affection. He leans over a little, whispering to her. "We'll see if our author's planet is up to par on the cruisine." He winked at her and then glances over at me, who in turn had raised an eyebrow.

He clears his throat and smiles. "Your planet so far is very interesting. The traffic in getting here reminded me of our multiple lanes back on Coruscant."

I chuckle and smile. "That's why I allowed you to drive. I don't like to." I pat his arm gently and turn to watch the events begin. I begin to breath a little eratic.

Lindoro and Menaria exchange smiles and also turn to observe the ceremony.

"Take slow breaths, it will be alright. Enjoy the moment." Lindoro's baritone voice soothes me.

"Yeah, it is going to be a blast." I say as it begins.

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * Drags a protesting Xanatos down the aisle*

[face_laugh] That was a hilarious opening!

4. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    *Tekli arrives in a pale green silk blouse and black dress pants. because skirts are evil*

*Tekli's little brother and favoritest little cousin sneak in with me, too. my cousin is wearing a Hawaiian-print swimsuit and my little brother is wearing khaki shorts and a t-shirt. we were just at our family's mass summer birthday party.*

Hi! I brought ice cream cake and cherry coke. Anybody else want some? :D

5. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    For those who haven't read this the last couple of nights, on behalf of the fanfic mods (who are watching BTW) I'd just like to state from the outset that any snide accusations, temper tantrums, or any other disruptive activity will earn the offenders a quick seat in the upper, upper, upper balcony.

That is all.

Have fun. :)

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *slips in silently wearing red and black sleeveless dress and high heeled shoes along with several Jedi in tow and takes seat next to Kynstar. "Thanks for saving my place. "

"Are you sure we have to do this , Master," A young boy with a braid mumbles under his breath to the tall man beside him.

"Now Qui-Gon, Layren is up for an award because of you. The least you could do is bother to show up."

"But Master! This tunic itches and it's terribly uncomfortable. Besides that I'm just 11. Nobody pays attention to 11 year olds at these things anyway."

"Qui-Gon," Dooku says sternly.

"Yes Master?" He sulks figuring an extra hour of mediatation is in order.

"Try to at least PRETEND to be pleasant."

"Yes Master,I promise."

Layren nudges the two of them as the lights dim. "Shhh."

7. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004

The nominees for Before the Saga Best AU are

Scars and Beginnings by Indra
    Obi-Wan briefly thought of Xanatos, how he had told him that he liked to leave everything behind. Maybe, just maybe the older Padawan was a kindred spirit.

Pushing Me Away by obi_ew and Shaindl
    "Mmm hmm." Xanatos said disdainfully and reached for Obi-Wan's braid, aware of the slight stiffening in the youth's shoulders. "You do know what this symbolises don't you?"

8. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *Perches on Xan's shoulder to cheer on the wonderful nomminees*

(hopes oe doesn't mind)

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    *pulls Des down to sit with her*

I know he's in Saga, but so what? :p I've got my nominated kitty with me here, too, hehe.

*drags Aalto in*

I know you'd rather be at the Archives, but too bad!

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    The three of us laugh at the beginning intro.

LMAO!! That was hilarious! *Fans face* Them singing and dancing! Clone Anakin kids?! Oh the horror!!!

EDIT:
    I blush at Layren's guests. "I, um...no problem Layren." Eyes Master Dooku as I try to catch my breath.
    Nods a greeting at him and young Qui.

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    *Elbows Qui as he starts fidgeting*

"you can't be bored already it just started."

Good luck Obi_ew and Shaindl!

12. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    *Xeo Chione walks in, hating big noisy parties but delighting in yet another opportunity to make fun of his apprentice*

*Aalto cringes* :p

13. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004

The Winner for Best AU is Pushing Me Away by obi_ew and Shaindl

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    YAY!!!! Congratulations you two!!!!

15. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Congrats, you old biddies! :D

OPPM! *shakes fist*

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Way to go ladies!

17. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    The nominees for Before the Saga Best Canon are

A Change of Plans by LuvEwan
    Ullo waited for the seething comment?s intensity to settle, then ?Perhaps this is a test. For you, for me.? Quieter, ?For Obi-Wan.?

Qui-Gon snorted. ?I think I?m tired of being examined.?

Happiness is a Friend by JadeSolo
    He turns his head to stare at the hypnotic flames of the fire, and the reflection of red, orange, and yellow flickers in his dark blue eyes, like the fiery breath of a dragon sweeping over a turbulent ocean.

Heavy Thoughts by JadeSolo
    Master Yoda's words had not helped at all?some drivel about anger, grief, and dark thoughts. The only person Aalto thought genuinely cared was his master, who, on the day Bruck died, had laid a comforting hand on his shoulder and had spoken volumes with an understanding look.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay!! Congrats obi_ew and Shaindl!!!

Lin and Menaria clap as well. Menaria steals a glance at young Qui and grins widely, her green eyes sparkling.

19. Tekli_theInsane

Mar 22, 2004
    Yup, the begining was great. [face_laugh]

I'd say that I brought Luke with me, but he's not exactly in Before the Saga... Darn. :mad:

Good luck to the nominees! I can't decide which one to root for... :(

[face_love] [face_dancing] [:D] :* :E

^^That was my little cousin experimenting with faces. :D The last one is a guy with a beard. :D

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_blush] Aw! Thanks everyone! And congrats to Indra for a great fic. Have to thank Shanobi for the wonderful bunny and that quote is from her also.

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Good luck LE!!! *Clutches popcorn bag tightly then belatedly remembers to offer it around* anybody want some?

*Grins as Qui turns beet red and tries to crawl under his chair spying a girl looking at him that he doesn't know...*

22. Tekli_theInsane

Mar 22, 2004
    Congrats, obi_ew and Shaindl! =D=

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    "Sure, Layren. I wouldn't mind having some." Leans over for some. Spies Dooku once more and blushes bright red.

edit: Menaria sees Qui's response and chuckles. Lindoro taps her arm gently, eyeing her. "Padawan... stop harassing the poor boy."

24. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004

The Winner for Best Cannon is Change of Plans by LuvEwan

25. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Congratulations, LE! :* @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.