main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2005 Best/Worst Poll at IMDb.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediImprov, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Go to IMDb.com/features/rto/2006/poll/bestof2005 and vote for ROTS. Right now it's doing pretty bad. ROTS is #8 for Best Movie, #1 for worst screenplay,#2 for worst movie, #2 for worst Director, #2 for worst actor (Hayden). It's doing very poorly for the highest grossing movie of the year.

2. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    #1 for worst screenplay,#2 for worst movie, #2 for worst Director, #2 for worst actor (Hayden).

What?! The only thing I agree on that is Hayden being a bad actor ( which he is ). The screenplay and directing I thought were fine. And the worst movie?! [face_talk_hand]
    It did get three and a half stars out of four.

3. RangerFett

RangerFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2005
    A lot of Harry Potter fans have been stuffing the ballot box in that poll -- look at how prominent the movie is in all categories, including the acting categries!

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This kind of internet driven nonsense is the reason why I'm glad Star Wars is finished. Its time to let it slide into the background and wait for the next generation (todays kids) to fix this crazziness in 20 years time. (Not unlike the story of Star Wars itself)

5. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Ewan and Natalie are also up for Worst Performances. Ewan was Great in the film!

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I wouldn't pay it any attention. The whole thing is insulting and absurd and shows the mentality of that web-site and nothing more. :)

7. BRAnakin67

BRAnakin67 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I agree with G-FETT, any kind of survey like that on a web-site is bound to be stuffed/rigged. I just watched War of the Worlds for the first time over the weekend and boy what a stinker. I mean, people giving Lucas a bad rap about Episode III, Speilberg should be ashamed of himself. That movie was just awful.

8. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002

When did Hayden Christiansen get this reputation for being a bad actor?

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    When Joe Basher woke up and realized that he wouldn't be playing Anakin himself like in all his Jedi killing dreams and would instead lose the part to a (gasp!) actor.

10. RangerFett

RangerFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2005
    Answer: when he spoke his first line of dialogue...

11. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    The only polls I believe in are metal ones that are shiny... that and Poles like John Paul II and stuff.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This discussion really isn't worth getting into. But the fact is, in 99% of his scenes Hayden was great. If anything it was Ewan who had a few flat lines in this film, but even in his case most of his scenes were excellent. Natalie improved. Ian was astonishing. Frankly, as an ensemble piece, the acting in ROTS was great, and it was probably the best acted episode outside of ESB.

13. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Exactly.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    "Lock on to em' R2. Master, Buzz Droids"

What on Earth was wrong with that?

*Waits for someone to post correct dialouge*

15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    It wasn't said with conviction, mixed with equal parts anger and sincerity. Nothing like the true Chosen One.

[image=http://www.hfstival.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10148/NeoWhoa.jpg]

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

17. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    I'll second that! [face_laugh]

18. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It's in the Top Ten for Worst Title and Worst Poster. Most people liked the poster, and how can Revenge of the Sith be a bad title in anyone's mind?

19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y

ROTS kicked everything else's butt this year and this is the only way some sados can have a dig at it.

20. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    The only polls I believe in are metal ones that are shiny... that and Poles like John Paul II and stuff.

And these guys:

[image=http://www.londonist.com/image/interpol.gif]

21. labonte18

labonte18 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    its only in the worst categories because of all the haters. There are alot of Star Wars haters out there who can't accept how great the series is and think they're too cool for it. So when they see any mention of it they stick their noses up and hate on, even though they probably havent seen it. Have you noticed its in the top 10 for Worst Visual Effects and Worst Poster too? Kind of proves my point.

22. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Third. :D

As for the poll, yeah don't worry too much about it. The past two movies gave ROTS a reputation I think. The screenplay was not so bad.

23. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    I agree with everyone else in this thread. This stuff is just to get us SW fanatics mad. I mean come on....worst visual effects worst FX, worst actors, worst title, worst movie that just you know grossed 350 million in the US and nearly 700 million worldwide. They are very jealous and not worth getting mad over. I mean out of those catagories i mentioned ROTS has got to be at least in teh #10. no one has respect for star wars in Hollywood, even though if it wasnt for ROTS they would be in even worse shape now its because of star wars that Hollywood did so great in 2005 mid summer movies. SO dont even get mad or dissappointed to this news as they are just jealous that we have such a fan base and they dont. i cant wait to see if they dont include star wars in the academy awards for FX, music and actors and director as well as best picture. to me and others on this board best movie was ROTS no ifs ands or buts. NUff said!!!

24. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    And we really give a **** what a bunch of pin-headed, pencil-necked internet low-lifes think about this film? I know that I sure don't.

25. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    WTH?
    this is bull****

?????

pure jelousy!!!!!!!

Sorry that acronym can't be used here. Changed it to WTH and completely starred bull****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.