main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2005 Best/Worst Poll at IMDb.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediImprov, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruthio

Ruthio Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    While i think Sith couldof been much better, i Don't agree with worst movie and all that stuff. I agree with worst director..as i think Lucas should never direct another flick. But, despite the movies flaws [their are many] it was a good pop-corn movie. Its not ground brekaing, but it did what it was suppose to do.

2. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004
    The screenplay was magnificent and ROTS should get an Oscar for that as well as best director, special effects, production and costumes. Period

3. Darth_Iren

Darth_Iren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    The only reason Harry Potter is doing well is because certain websites have been rallying the fanbase to stuff the votes. Notice it's winning in "Best Documentary"? What!?!?!? Just what is it a documentary of? Did I miss something!?

4. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I don't think ROTS is doing that bad. I think it is just the web masters of that site trying to make ROTS looked really bad so no one will vote for it.

5. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Seems IMDB is upset that KK is doing poorly BO wise. SO they seem to need to bring down the BO chmp of 2005 to make them feel better. 82% Fresh on Rotten, it was a critical success. even EW gave it props for its saddest movie moemts of 2005 list. Worst poster!!! It fit with the others and fit the movie. Worst Title. What did they want to call it. Lord of the Sith Rings. Idiots!!

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    and how can Revenge of the Sith be a bad title in anyone's mind?

Throughout the entire PT, it is never really made all that clear why exactly the Sith are seeking revenge. Of course, the assumption that the Jedi came close to wiping them out is a logical one, but still like Lucas says the focus of these films is Anakin Skywalker before anyone else.

Being that is the case, I greatly preferred the rumored title The Creeping Fear, which perfectly illustrates the impetus behind Episode III?s intrinsic sense of tragedy. After all, Anakin?s vendetta against the Jedi only comes about after the gradual build-up of fear finally becomes too much for him to cope with, thus transforming him into a monster.

7. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Not only did it get 82 percent on rottentomatoes.com, look at the ROTS user ratings at yahoo movies, boxofficemojo.com and imdb.com

8. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I notice that mugglenet.com has congratulated their readers on voting for GOF in Best Animated Feature, Best Foreign Film, Best Documentary, and other categories it has no business being in.

9. Darth_Iren

Darth_Iren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Yeah, Mugglenet was the site I was referring to. I just wasn't sure if it was bad juju to flame other sites here.

-Sith lord mode-
    It seems now the great Potter/GFFA war may soon begin. This travesty has been the one that has gone to far. The twlilight shall end, and darkness shall consume the internet. :p
    PS- All in good humor to the Potter fans here!

10. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    What kind of nonsense is this? George Lucas is in danger of becoming the "Worst director" while the ROTS screenplay tops "Worst screenplay"... And what people votes for "Worst Visual Effects"?

11. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Notice that only big budget or well know films are on the list, other releases that got terrible reviews are not even on it.

12. jwebb1970

jwebb1970 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2005
    Those who thought ROTS the Worst of 2005 are probably the same folks who helped Fantastic 4 (far and away the biggest sci-fi/fantasy turd of the year) break $100 million+ domestically.

SITH rocked! The real fans know that and the box office returns and DVD sales prove it!

13. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

RoTS is terrible. I didn't understand who that guy that Ewan and that other guy were trying to save and that big metal robot was and why Darth Vader popped up? Did I mention I didn't see any other Star Wars films? - IMDB voters

Seriously, They allow the idea of it being just some CGI space fluff with no real content invade their heads. Honestly, the Shakespearean tragedy undertones were probably too much for people that just want to see movies about people making jokes about sex and a few people getting shot.

Carnage

14. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I agree.

While IMDb plays host to some intelligent and highly literate posters, it seems to be dominated by the juvenile and reckless ones. The site has many poor reviews of many great films ("poor" in this case to be taken as "badly written" - be they positive or negative). Its "Top 250 Movies" list is also, to my mind at least, a complete and utter joke. It also has a strong and highly conspicious anti-prequel bent. All of its message boards are filled with horrific posts and inflammatory material. And all of these things are a reflection of those same juvenile and reckless posters having domination. I visit IMDb frequently as a "hub" of film information, and for the many decent reviews that do exist, but if one steps back and looks at the general picture, it's clear that the morons have the loudest voices.

Revenge of the Sith will endure the Internet. Just as the other prequels have.

15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    IMDB members and AICN members = WORST THINGS THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO MOVIE HISTORY!!!!

I hope they all burn in hell, those friggin' twelve year old turds. [face_skull]

Revenge of the Sith #1 !!!!!111!!!1!

P.S.: I never understood why people use "1" when writing "!!!!". Could someone please elaborate?

16. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    we will never know what movies are the best of 2005 unless there is a national voting for everybody because sadly on websites say for instance here or harry potter sites or batman begins websites if they have the best movie polls then those certain fans would flood the website in order to make there movie number one. bottomline we will never know.all we can do is just look at box office growth because people would not pay to see it if they did not like it.

2005 would of been a great year for movies if they had not market the majority of these movies to look stupid and would put money into our theaters to fix them up and lower popcorn and drink prices. now if they would lower ticket prices and food prices then we as people would go see them but americans dont want to spend hundreds of dollars at the movies in one night and hope nobody talks and cell phones dont go off.

17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    All of its message boards are filled with horrific posts and inflammatory material. And all of these things are a reflection of those same juvenile and reckless posters having domination. I visit IMDb frequently as a "hub" of film information, and for the many decent reviews that do exist, but if one steps back and looks at the general picture, it's clear that the morons have the loudest voices

I agree. The IMDB Message Boards are terrible and most of their members are juvenile. I used to post there, but I stopped because almost every board I went to at the site had a "troll" posting there. Plus I used to read the "User Comments" all the time before I stopped visiting IMDB frequently, and I have to agree that there are a lot of badly written (As in spelling/grammar.) reviews there. It is a great site for information though.

I didn't expect Lucas to be nominated for "Best Director" but I don't think he deserved to be nominated for "Worst Director" this time either. IMO I thought he directed ROTS much better then the other prequels.

"Worst Actor-Hayden" Well he wasn't perfect, but he wasn't that bad either. I'm with the crowd who thought Hayden acted badly in AOTC, but I thought he improved in ROTS. He acted well in the Opera Scene, the Mustafar Scene (Before the Duel.) and the Immolation scene IMO.

And worst visual effects? SW being nominated for "worst visual effects" just seems too weird to me.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It goes to show you that it dosen't matter what you make or how you end up. The star wars prequels just keep getting bashed bashed and bashed some more. And you guys want GL to do more movies? Wow, I just glad that its over, and that the series has made GL his money back with more.

19. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Well, if you are trying to make an exclamation point and you don't hit the shift key, what number do you see?

It also could be an extention of l33t speak, something that is too annoying to explain, so look it up on wikipedia for further info.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Finally my question has been answered. Now I know the secret of posting on "teh" Force.net. :cool::rolleyes:

I totally agree with the statement that the IMDb is good for trivial information about movies but absolute bull**** when it comes to message boards and members. I too gave up posting there. Sadly, I believe, a lot of critics take IMDb and AICN for a canon, proper slice of this world's opinion toward movie history and new releases.

P.S.: Anyone still rember that moron "Perfume" or "Queen_Leia" who used to trash Hayden Christensen and the PT on every possible occasion? She was actually a member here- and actually posted that the death of Shmi and the confession scene were the most dramatic of the Saga (2003). When I posted that over on IMDb she completely freaked out. I pwned her big time. A yes.....

[face_peace]

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I understand the frustration, but let's refrain from commenting on the quality of Users on other boards. Slam IMDB all you want since Nominating RotS for worst effects is proof positive they have an agenda, but leave their peeps alone. ;)

22. DarthSparhawk

DarthSparhawk Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2006
    It's insulting. I respect Harry Potter a lot, but ROTS is the movie of 2005. Hayden did excellent in ROTS. The movie was beautiful, excellent.
    But you know, i don't give a **** to polls, to Awards, not even to the Oscars. What is important is the film itself - and it is the best.

23. Ed-A_1978

Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    You must be joking. When people vote GOF as best film of the year (as well as 3rd funniest film, 3rd scariest film, 3rd best action film and best popcorn (most entertaining) movie), Daniel Radcliffe as 2nd best actor, Emma Watson as 3rd best actress, Rupert Grint for 2nd best supporting actor and Emma Watson AGAIN for 2nd best supporting actress, then they deserve all the crap they get and long may it continue.

I am actually quite offended by this farce of a poll.

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I feel out of my chair laughing when I read Daniel Radcliff was voted the second best actor of the year. He's a servicable Harry Potter, but not outstanding in any way. Compare his performance to Ewan's. It's laughable, nothing to get upset about. It must be pure 14 year olds voting.

25. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icliverpool/may2005/1/8/000F0FDA-3985-1282-A96E80C328EC0000.jpg]
    I sense a plot to destroy Revenge of the Sith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.