main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2005 costume projects

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Nostradamus, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Nos can't wait to see what you will do for 2006.

I am so frustrated today, I keep sewing the ling wrong to the fabric I try to fix it and I do it agaian. And my cat Fluffy keeps jumping on tha machine and knawing on the fabric. And I tried to do the sleaves when I finly fixed the lining, so I started on the sleaves but the machine like ate the fabric and destroyed the sleave, so I tried to make the top sleavless and I sewed the top shoulder and I messed it up again I refuse to sew till 2006.

Gahh I need chocolate.

Queen_Apailana

2. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I had my sewing machines loaded up with ivory thread and had been thinking about making something for the past few weeks.........a 'winter white' Imperial Officer's hat, something that could be worn on Hoth maybe. I remembered that I had some possibly suitable fabric remnants some where in my basement. I found something cotton that I had used for Jedi inner tunics long ago & decided to try that.

The last time I had made hats (2 weeks ago) I had cut out 2 extra sets of interfacings, one for a larger hat and one for a smaller hat. I have been waiting for some material to make a custom-sized hat to match someone's uniform. That hat needs to be a larger sized hat. I figured I may as well cut some small pieces too, since I had everything out. I used black marker to mark the pieces with either an "S" or an "L"

Well, you can probably figure out where this is going. The winter white hat turned out fine - except for one thing. I can see the faint "S's" because I know they are there. This had never been a problem before, because I had been using either black or very dark material to make hats. Moral of the story is, if I even think that I might be making more white hats, use a pencil lightly or use a fabric marking pen.

Otherwise, the hat turned out great! If snowtroopers ever wore uniforms, this is definitely the hat they would wear.

I finally received that material to make a custom hat last night...........now I will need to change the threads in my machines to black.

3. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    uck I hate changing thread in my machine, it's so easy but part of me just does not like doing it I do not know Why I just don't likedoing it.

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I started & finished one last Imperial Officer's hat tonight. [face_dancing] Yeah! It turned out with in 1/4" of what I was aiming for -- 1/4" on the larger side, so it should work.

2005 went out on a good costuming note for me. =D=

5. PADME4ANAKIN

PADME4ANAKIN Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2006
    hi guys this is a BIG cry for help. Ive been interested in making costumes for a long time but dont really know how to go about things. Id really love to try the padme costumes but should start with something a bit easier first. Ive been looking at all your guys work and i cant believe it its amazing. Iam just wondering do you work off patterns if so were do you get them from? Where do you get the material? please any advice thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.