main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ 2005 Election: Who will you give your party vote to?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Aug 18, 2005.

?

2005 Election: Who will you give your party vote to?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2005.
  1. ACT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Green Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jim Anderton's Progressive Coalition

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Labour Party

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  5. Maori Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. National Party

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. New Zealand First

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. United Future

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. (some other party not listed)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    He'd be great as immigration minister, him and his flying squads. He'll keep tabs on things :p

Yea, MMP is funny with the whole - Peters not winning his electorate, but has more power than ever.

Na, I'm ok with the govt, and Cabinet looks ok.

Carter stays as Conservation :)
    Annett King's got balls for taking on the Police Minister's portfolio though, hope she get's stuck in :)
    Goff for defence? What defence force? Hercules and orions, that search for damaged yachts and ship cargo for peace keepers? lol

meh, no student loan tax - yippie.

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    And the publicity stunt of today is ...

Brash appoints political correctness eradicator

Maybe the left should strike back with a political correctness defence force or something ; ) After all, if our tax dollars aren't being used for important things like improving health and education, we should at least get some amusement out of them.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    He's just doing this cause he got so sick of saying "Mainstream New Zealanders" and when he was asked to define what he meant he couldn't say "non maori, samo's and white trash Doll Bludgers". (I'm not being racist, it's in context and I have many maori, asian and polynesian friends - before someone might go spaz at me)

I quiet enjoyed the leaders debate when he was forced to tell us what he meant, and all he could say was "labour supporters" and Helen was like "so my parents who have farmed for decades are not mainstream?" and he was like "ah, no"

LAWL.

but personally, I think the whole PC thing has got a little 'over the top' recently, but there should be Political correctness in government documents and so forth as it is political, and they are representing this country (even those in opposition) and political correctness is just manners that should be followed. In general day to day life, that we lead, I think some PC stuff could be 'dropped down a notch though'.

I like sitting on the fence, nice view ;) But I have way more than just a cheak on Helens side of the fence :p

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    let me just say this:

You guys have a crapload of political parties over there. :p

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Captain_Typho ... are you American? I think you'll find that most Western democracies have a choic of more than two parties, and that the US is really in the minority in terms of having a basic two party system. Hell, American doesn't even have a liberal/left wing part of any consequence ... just a centre party (Democrats) and an extreme right-wing party (Rebublicans). Where's the fun in that?

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I remember they did have a third one in 2000, but then the democrats started saying 'a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush'. Not that Bush needed things like votes to get elected in 2000, heh.

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm in the States now but as far as I know my Australian citizenship is still intact as well and I may be moving there after I graduate college (mostly to do with not liking American Politics actually) Oh, and I do very much dislike the 2 party system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.