main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2005 State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Kimball_Kinnison, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Did anyone else notice how "pleased" Hilary Clinton looked to be there? I swear...that woman had a scowl that would melt steel.

Yep, I noticed that and I loved every minute of it.

I suppose that I am against gay-marriage, but I am even more against a federal amendment to ban it. Seems like a waste of time, to me. Gives the federal government too much power, IMO.

I thought the two people embracing in the President's box was a very touching moment.

I thought the people in the crowd below with the blue ink on thier fingers however, was stomach-churning. There couldn't have been more of a difference there of honesty and political usury in a shorter space of time.

I thought the whole thing was pretty staged and creepy. I knew the republicans would want to brag but not to this extent.

Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't be calling anything about Iraq a success until all the dust has settled. The election is a good sign, but not the be all and end all. There's still hard times ahead.

I agree 100%. I think it's good for Bush to reassure the people that we're doing the right thing, but he should probably have reminded them that it's not over yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.