main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2006 Costumes?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by TT_Boy, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    What exactly are you looking for? I always thought it was pretty easy.

2. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    My next,next,next costume is going to be Lukes ESB Snow speeder flight suit. Which when I was in Japan over the past summer at the shopping mall in Kyoto they had german orange flight suits for 5000 yen. I wish I had bought them then I was there :_|.

But on a good note I recived my C-3PO helmet today and is it AWSOME!!! It also fits my head =D= I will post some photos soon.

3. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Now I'm jealous. Japan is at the top of my travel wish list. I know I'll be making the trip as soon as my kids are old enough to appreciate it.

4. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    We have two people from a Japanese museum coming to look at our collections at work on Tuesday. I have to pick them up at the airport and show them around until my boss gets out of class. I am going to smooze really hard sincee the last time they borrowed things they flew both my boss and the guy who had my job over to Japan for the museum exhibit opening!

5. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
  6. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Brad and group-

did you check out the links for the costume? I think we can get these set up. I have two other costumes that I think I want to work on. I just need to talk some folks in the 501st on some ideas.

7. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    Kent - I can help you with getting a X-wing, A-wing, B-wing or Y-wing pilot together. It will run you about $400 - $500. You going to CapriCon or DragonCon? You could make that your DragonCon costume.

8. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Kent, those links look very encouraging. The flak vest was a concern of mine. I know this is something we can do.

Has anybody here built a vac-form table? I've read a few different how-tos and know it's easily within my abilities. I'm thinking small things to begin with, like the chest boxes for the pilots and the amber visors for the helmets.

9. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    I am considering making a matrix costume myself. Trinity of course.
    I actually found a perfect black wig because well quite frankly I refuse to cut my hair.

I also am rather looking forward to seeing the completed C3PO costume.

10. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    That 3PO at C3 was off the hook. He had the walk and the mannerisms down and had the ability to "shut himself down" with eyes that lit up and turned off as well as the sounds of 3PO's servos every time he moved.

Are you planning to deck yours out like that too Steve?

11. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    Yeah, It funny you say that because my girl friend and I meet him in Japan his name is Akira and he made the 3PO using the Don Post life size. He gave my a cast of his helmet while I was there. So I keep in touch with him here and there. I will get photos of my helmet up tonight.

12. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    [image=http://www.qcjo.com/3P01.jpg]

[image=http://www.qcjo.com/3PO2.jpg]

I am still waiting on the other parts to get done. The head fits but it is really tight.

13. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    This C3PO costume is really going to turn out nicely.

14. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    You guys do a great job on your costumes. I've enjoyed seeing some of you at different things.

15. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Do you have any interest? Two of us that I know of, perhaps three of us, will be working on ANH X-Wing pilot costumes. This could be a fun one to get your feet wet.

16. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I have no talent in doing costumes. I enjoy seeinf them. I know you guys put alot of work into them. I'd have to buy one to get something nice.

I was at the last Star Trek convention in Davenport when Peter Mayhew was there. My son and I got lots of pictures. Then I saw some of you at JOD last May on the eve of the premier.

17. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm not all that great at costuming myself, but thats what friends are for.

I still do think we should have a costuming meeting sometime. Everyone getting together and discussing different costuming ideas and giving out tips.

Maybe we all could meet up at Borders or some restaurant sometime to chat about costuming

18. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005

Let's do this soon. If everybody interested wants to get together, I have an idea. Rudy's Tacos in Milan has a banquet room that they don't charge for. This would give us some space and some quiet. I can check for open dates if there's enough interest.

19. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    I'd be intersted. I'll have to check my work schedule to see when for sure I could make it. My part-time job varies from week to week. Though usually I tend to have saturday afternoons free.

20. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    You were a very good Jedi Twi'lek at JOD. I was impressed and didnt recognize you except for the tunic you were wearing.

21. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    Why thank you for the compliment. I have to admit though I had help in the construction of the twi'lek costume. Achilles_of_Edmonton actually made the lekku and the belt for me.

22. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    That would be nice to get together again and try to get things going.

23. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I called Rudy's. They have either Saturday, Jan. 21 or Saturday, Jan. 28 open from noon to 3 p.m.

Anybody interested, please let me know which day works best and I'll lock it down.

They do ask that we spend at least $50 in food and drinks, so if it's only a few people, we'll look elsewhere.

24. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Either of those days woudl work fine for me. I thin this is a great idea. Lets do it!

25. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    Well I picked up material for my Aayla Secura costume this past weekend. At least for the underpart of her shirt. I'm still looking for decent brown leather material.

For my Leia costume I'm still looking for white material. I just havent found any kind that I like yet. I would have thought finding material for her dress would have been a lot easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.