main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2006 Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo! Rebelscum announced this years 2006 SW Hallmark Keepsake ornaments!

Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments 2006
    Posted by Maureen on April 9, 2006 at 10:11 PM CST:
    Four new ornaments will be released in 2006 to continue your collection of Star Wars Keepsake Ornaments from Hallmark.

Clone Wars Trio

For the first time ever, the animated Star Wars universe is represented by the Clone Wars versions of Asajj Ventress, Anakin Skywalker, and Yoda. Measuring from 1 1/4" to 2 3/4" high, this set of three minatures will retail for $15 US or $19.99 CDN.

AT-AT

For vehicles this year, a "Magic" (battery-operated) ornament of an Imperial AT-AT and Rebel Snowspeeder from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back plays sounds of the battle of Hoth when you press the button. $28 US, $39.95 CDN.

Luke and Yoda

Tenth in the series, Hallmark has again sculpted Luke and Yoda, also from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. $15 US or $19.99 CDN.

Anakin VS Obi-Wan ROTS

Lastly, from Revenge of the Sith comes the classic duel of Anakin and Obi Wan. Another "Magic" ornament that lights up the sabers and plays sounds and dialogue from the movie. $28 US or $39.99 CDN.

It looks like a nice assortment that is sure to please many fans and ornament collectors alike!

I have to say I'm psyched! I haven't purchased ANY Hallmark ornaments in eons and I think even I want all of these...particularly the Clone Wars trio and the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan!

2. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't belive that we are geting another Luke/Yoda ornament agin. Thes two get made just as much as Vader.

Why can't we get a Lando. :confused:

3. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I know which sets I'm getting ;).

--MissPadme

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I'll be going for the AT-AT, Luke w/ Yoda, and maybe the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. I have all the SW ships that Hallmark has released except for last year's Jedi Starfighter. I will probably try to get it this summer off eBay when the market for the ornaments tends to be quieter.

The Clone Wars trio doesn't interest me that much, the cartoon's decent enough to watch, but I've only bought one of the figures and that was the Red Clonetrooper because he looks cool!

5. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Definitely getting the Clone Wars trio and Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan. And the AT-AT looks very nice, too!

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've never bought any of these before. They look great, but when I see that Luke & Yoda I swear I can faintly hear "Don't tell my heart... My achey-breaky heart." Are they line dancing at a country bar?

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    AT-AT looks sweet, i think ill get that one atleast.

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Just goig for the At-At, the reast, Not intrested in.

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The lightsaber duel one sounds cool.

10. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I'll be getting all of them no doubt. I've been buying all of them since '03 so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. :p Plus I hope to go back and get previous years via Ebay this summer as well. Hopefully I can score some relatively cheap.

11. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm a sucker for the "Magic" ornaments. That Anakin/Obi duel sounds pretty awesome.

"It's over Anakin! I have the high branch on the tree!"

12. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah. Lightsaber violence! A perfect thing to have at Christmas time.

I wonder if the ornament will use the actual actor voices or just have some random actors doing the lines?

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If the Anakin vs Obi-Wan is anything like the Death Star II ornament they did a couple of years ago, they'll take lines right from the movie.

14. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Oh yeah! I forgot about that one! All the Trek ornaments have the real actor voices, too.

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Yes, they do, but most of them are making a cheesy sounding holiday greeting.

16. 7thWheel

7thWheel Jedi Master star 1

May 29, 2005
    I cant say that I am that happy with this years choices and I am getting annoyed because this is the third year that I am bummed. I am also the fact that we are only getting four. Here is my take.

Clone Wars Three Pack - I liked the series a bunch but again with so many Star Wars characters that they havent done I felt that dipping into the animated series is a bit premature. Add on the fact that they are minis (I would rather have one good ornament than two or three crappy ones)makes this my least favorite ornament choice in a long time.

Magic AT-AT - This is an awesome ornament. Except for a mini ornament from 1996 we have never had the AT-AT and it looks like they did a good job on this one. I like the snow speeder and the snow at the base of the legs. Nice touch.

Luke and Yoda - I have mixed feelings about this one. The Luke Yoda scenes in ESB are some of my favorites from the films but I can't stand the fact that they are double dipping on the series ornaments. We already have a series Luke (in Bespin gear no less) and we also have two figures of Yoda (although not series ornaments). I do like the look and pose of this one but I hate the fact that they are repeating when we have so many characters that havent been done yet.

ObiWan vs Anakin - This one looks a bit cheesy to me. The "lava" in the background doesnt cut it and the pose that they are in is a bit dull. That lightsaber fight was off the hook and I would have liked to see Vader swinging wildly and Obi Wan parrying or blocking. I feel that this would have worked much better if they would have released two ornaments of each character that you could put together (kind of like they did with the Jedi Luke/Darth Vader or the Obi Wan and Jango a few years ago).

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Luke and Yoda - I have mixed feelings about this one. The Luke Yoda scenes in ESB are some of my favorites from the films but I can't stand the fact that they are double dipping on the series ornaments. We already have a series Luke (in Bespin gear no less) and we also have two figures of Yoda (although not series ornaments). I do like the look and pose of this one but I hate the fact that they are repeating when we have so many characters that havent been done yet.

I agree.

18. 7thWheel

May 29, 2005
    If I could have any character as an ornament it would be a Jawa with light up eyes and a sfx that says Ooo Tee Dee.

19. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Jawas actually say "Utinni!" according to the CCG game.

20. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    I will be getting the duel one as well as the CW trio the other I am unsure of I'd like them to release a Mustafar Anakin one just because it would look sweet.

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Not that anyone will be surprised, but... I will be buying the Luke/Yoda and the Clone Wars trio.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LOL! I actually thought of you when I first saw those 2 ornaments :p

23. TedDansonJedi

TedDansonJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2006
    Luke and Yoda will be nice.

I want to see Palpatine. Nothing better to bring you into the Christmas spirit than an insane Sith Lord fixated on Revenge.

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, we already have his voice ordering the destruction of the Rebels on the Death Star II ornament. But, him on his throne from ROTJ would be pretty cool.

25. 7thWheel

May 29, 2005
    I agree. Either on the throne or a magic one that has light up lightning shooting out of his hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.