main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA 2006 John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It turns out that I DO have padawan duties...sooooo: I either need an extra ticket or four :) or, I have two tickets to sell. Ai yai yai!

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'll be wearing this with a tee shirt, and for night my 'Hoth Leia' jacket :D

*Am such a geek LOL*

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    here's a few pics from 2003, You'll note, that nobody is in costume.

4. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Is anybody from OCFF even going? I am, but not with OCFF. I'm going with my wife and in laws. I haven't decided if I'm going to bring my parks saber yet or not. I'll probably have some kind of Star Wars shirt on though. I'll keep an eye out for you guys :)

It's likely to get very hot in Jedi Robes as well. At least until the sun goes down.

Oh, and what James said :p

5. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    VK I just my ticket. Thanks!!!! I love your letter head and the stamp you used to send it. It rocks!!! See you saturday![face_peace]

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    It turns out that I DO have padawan duties...sooooo: I either need an extra ticket or four [face_whistling] or, I have two tickets to sell. Ai yai yai!

(I'm reposting this because it got buried on the previous page)

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    HEAR YE HEAR YE< JB NEEDS TIX!

I got mine, VK, thanks. Can't wait.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I noticed that the concert starts at 8:30. As a result, the Shuttle Bus won't get there before 7PM. Is this about the right time, or should i drive to get there at 6?
    Thanks!

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    JJ, didn't you get there around 7-ish last time? No worries with getting there at the time, I don't think. There will be plenty of people saving spaces and whatnot.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Except that I'm waiting for one of your tickets.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    YES 2 more days!!! JF77, I will hopefully be buying my Windu MR FX saber soon!Possibly already modded!

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've finally figured out that the padawan has turned into a "closet" SW fan. Most of his friends don't know. We ended up watching the first 4 SW movies this weekend by his choosing. He got his MR saber out last night and wanted to make sure he could bring it tomorrow. He hasn't complained one bit about going to the HB. That's saying a lot for a 15 year old boy! I'm very pleased!!

SJ: He did ask if you were going when I told him about this event. He thinks you're pretty cool.

13. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks, for the compliment, and yes I will be there with the lunchbox in hand.

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have two tickets for down in Section E (near the front and off to the side) if anyone wants one or both of them. I paid $33 each or so for them. I'll let them go for cheaper than that, rather than having them go to waste. Email me at MaraJade@cox.net if you'd like the tickets. Thanks!

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We are giving our tickets to son of BeSo (many of you know him) and a friend (hopefully) of his. Look out for him, 'kay?

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    i still haven't decided a. if i bring a sabre and b. if i do, which sabre to bring

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll just break open my box of Pocky and I'm sure he'll come a'runnin'.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It'll be nice to meet some of the "newbs". I have a feeling we're going to be late though, not to the concert, but maybe around 7-7:30.

18. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    JF77(and anyone else who likes rum), I got Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut rum and some Orange-Pineapple-Banna juice to go with it, *AND* red Dixie cups.(<-I hope I made you proud DB)

JR, I love those Pocky snacks! This Thai lady who I work with lets me have some of hers if she has any on the days that I ask. She happens to be married to a Japanese man and loves anime and video games, which was freakin' awesome when I saw her DS and PSP on her desk one day. After that, we became good friends:)!

Lowbacca, it doesn't matter which saber you bring. In fact, if you have a spare one I could use for the night, that would awesome.

This looks like it's going to be a very fun evening, as I've never been to the Hollywood Bowl, let alone go with the amount of people that I know. I'm looking forward to meeting the NY people and JediHead1 from SF because I'm planning a vacation in Nov to go there.

See y'all tomorrow!

19. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    See y'all tomorrow, this should be alot of fun, never been to the bowl, almost went to see Oasis there last year but couldn't afford it at the time!

20. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004

I brought mine last time. It was ok. But a word to the wise. Don't wave it at any time during the music. Ididn't but others did, much to my chagrin.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    SCORE!! I do love yard sales. Eight and a half light sabers for 8 bucks!! Most of them work, just needed batteries. Can you guess which one is the 1/2? I got a whole Darth Maul saber and a half one. I'll bring extras. They're not MR, but they'll be fun and no worries if something happens to them! SR and AaS, you guys get first choice.

... and don't make me take them away because you ignite them during non Star Wars music!! [face_laugh]

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for posting that, APL. I figured everybody knew concert protocol, but it's good to be reminded.

23. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Aight, I can bring a loaner

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    So, what's the decision Lowbacca? MR saber or play sabers? Which one is it? I'm bringing both, but haven't decided which comes with us and which stays at the hotel.

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    well, as I plan to park at the bowl.... I think I'll just bring my MR sabres, and I can then decide more on the fly later as to what I bring in and all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.