main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY 2006 Polar Plunge

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TX4277, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Tom,
    You're welcome to donate, just get the $$ to me before then (paypal or check is fine pm me for details) or bring it with you down there.

Katie,
    I'll update the list, you're always welcome and the more cheering Duane and Pete on the better. I'm also sure there will be folks wanting pics before/after as well.

Mike

2. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I would love to attend, but would need to find some kind of transportation. I doubt that I could convince Don to drive out to Rochester again... [face_thinking]

3. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Katie -

If you are attending - think that you could coordinate a stop to Alfred?

4. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Mark me as tentative Mike, although I wont plunge in I'll come as chewie (nice and warm);)

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah, that might be possible. Alfred is actually right on the way....I have to drive through there if I want to come. :p

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Although it's a little late for most publications I'm going to send out a press release about this event anyways.
    Is our official team name Team Frozen Force?

~Doc_Bev

7. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Oh boy the imperial Speedo is in coming! HAHAHA see you all soon!

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
  9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Current weather forecast is 54 degrees for Geneva on Saturday.
    Of course the water temp is a whole 'nother matter... ;)

~Doc_Bev

10. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I haven't found much of an opportunity for a post plunge organized troop other than a mini-invasion of the RIT Lanfest which is going on from noon on the 1st til 6pm on the 2nd. That could be fun.

I asked our Student Life office if they had anything where we might be welcome to pop in and they haven't said much yet :(

Mike

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think at the very least we can all go out for a late lunch.

~Doc_Bev

12. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I was assuming we'd do lunch after the event...since most of us like to eat. :p I wasn't planning to stay in the city real late that day anyway, but food is always good!

13. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    We can certainly grab foood after the plunge. I think there will be a Chili cook off or something there too, so that is an option.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds like you can take us off of the tentative list as we'll be coming. I will be taking pictures and KnightShade's not sure if he's costuming or not yet.

TX4277 - How do you want to work pictures for this event?
    Totally free? Mandatory donation? Optional donation? Something different?

~Doc_Bev

15. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I will update the list Doc_Bev thanks and I'm glad you both can make it. -KnightShade- I hope you choose to Chewie, I do so always love seeing Chewie.

On the picture front I hadn't anticipated doing it any differently than always. I suppose we can offer optional donation that way if anything happens to the pics getting to the site we aren't on the hook for anything.

Mike

16. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid would like to join youfor the festivities. Not doing the wet thing, though. Wool-blend Jedi robes don't like the water too much, and neither does the rest of me in the early parts of April... brrrrrrrrrrrr.....!!!!!

PM's going out to TX and Wingnut to pander for a ride... again....

17. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Okay all here is a map of Geenva near Seneca Lake. The red Star is the nearest easy landmark near the event, it is the Ramada Inn Lakefront at 41 Lakefront Blvd, Geneva 14456. It is the address I gave earlier.

Ramada is actually between US-20 and the lake just a little right of where it is on the map but close enough for jazz here.

If you look just to the right along US-20 (eastward) around the top right of the lake you will see Seneca Lake PArk. The entrance is off US-20.

I don't know where the event is in the park yet but there's only one road so its pretty easy.

More to follow as I can.

[image=http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/senecamap.gif]

18. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Zac,
    Katie is coming as far as I know at this point. Have you been in touch with her yet?

Mike

19. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Mike - I talked to Katie via PM's and she told me to call he today to see if her car is back from the shop and all fixed. I left her a message so I am just waiting to hear back from her. I assume that since she is coming that I will be there as well. I'll let you know as soon as hear back from her.

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Katie will call you tomorrow.

I did get the car back but there was another issue with it this afternoon. I'm waiting to see if it's resolved by tomorrow. Grr.

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    What time do we have to be at the Plunge?

We should hit a rendevouz point Saturday morning for gas conservation.

22. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    I'll come. Where are you guys meeting in Geneva?

23. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Registration is at 11AM, Plunge at 11:30 is my understanding.

I am currently planning on being in Geneva by 10AM to facilitate Pete and RJ getting here.

I would say if folks were there by 11AM that's the best, then earlier depending on costume needs.

24. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    pete and RJ yeah those 2 pyschos from jersey coming up to take a plunge in armor.

Present! I'm ALL set took out ALL electronics brings back memories of the dunk tank ahh.....

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It sounds like we'll be meeting right in the park. I think I got mapquest to get a little closer. This map should have the red star at the entrance of park.

TX4277 - do you think there'll be a place to put banners? I was just wondering if we should bring the 501st and/or Rebellion ones.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.