2006 Polar Plunge

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by TX4277, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    Im probably not going to end up making this one. Have fun everyone, and I look forward to seeing pics of Duane soaked. haha!
  2. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes that does appear to be the park entrance Nicky, good show.

With the poles you have for the banners I think we could probably use them. If you have room bring em along and we can play it by ear from there.

Mike
  3. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ron - Is it a transportation issue? If so, we can probably work something out...
  4. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wingnut - Any chance you can bring my rifle/pike Saturday? I think I wanna suit up as Boushh but I need my weapon... [face_devil]
  5. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Its not fixed yet. :_|
    I keep destroying Sentra and Balsa wood trying to fix it.
    I need Steves Bansaw or a Bansaw...or some kind of saw.

My gear is destroying wood.
  6. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Balsa?

Hand tools would be my recommendation
  7. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok, I was running out the door and now am at work safe and sound so I can properly explain that

The rifle is FINE.
    The replacement plate in question has cracked a little more just from being moved around and when the rifle piece was taken apart, it cracked about a quarter inch more.

The issues have been with creating replacement plates. Sentra and Dremels dont mix. I figured that out after the first 4 failures. Using Balsa, I'm attempting to create a patch to the current cracked plate as temporary fix until I get my hands on more sentra and a bansaw.

I've cut some sample pieces that measure up to the entire length of the plate. I've got 4 different thickness pieces and I've got to drill holes tonight for them. My hope is to use contact cement or superglue to fasten the plate back together and then use the Balsa as a bracer plate for the new piece. This bracer should help alleviate some of the stress created by the scope and the way the screws are rigged. If successful, it will at least live through tomorrow and possibly another troop.
  8. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just spoke with the coordinators of the plunge and they are ecstatic about our presence. They are thrilled if we want to offer pictures and are cool with an optional donation bucket, I told them it would of course go to them.

They also did a spot on a local FM station and were expousing our attendance at this event like crazy.

They are "VERY VERY VERY" excited to see Chewie, hint hint Darren.

They were unsure about changing areas.

finally when you enter the park the event will be near the "spraypark" if those signs are actually still up that may help.

Mike
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard rumor that you were thinking of a meet up at Eastview. Did you have a time in mind?
    Current plans would have the Avalon getting to Eastview just before 10:30am. However, our car will have 4 people and gear so I'm not sure if there'll be much point in us stopping as we won't have room for any more passengers or gear.

~Doc_Bev
  10. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My plan right now is to go hunting at certain locations along the east side of the morning and I can rendevouz with you guys and at least follow you down if not help transport. I may also have Dean with me.

Is he riding with Mike? Is he riding with Me?
    These are the first two calls I'm making after work.
  11. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am plannign on being in Geneva by 10AM for Pete and RJ. I told dean that if he wanted to ride later to check with you otherwise I could pick him up on my way out of town.

Either way.

If you leave Eastview at 10:30A and drive 75 you will just make Geneva at 11:00 barely.

Mike
  12. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Zac and I will probably just meet you guys on site. By the looks of the map, that's the quickest way for us...I think.

Wingnut - Don't stress over it, I just really need it back by June at the lastest. If you can't fix it that's fine. I'll wear the tusken tomorrow or something, no biggie.
  13. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  14. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wait a sec... 'Bantha babes' wear a lot less clothing than female tuskens...lol. And they have horns. ;)

The forecast looks iffy anyway, and Boushh isn't something I can even think about wearing in the rain with the leather on the helmet.

Edit: Yeah, just looked at weather.com ... I'd thought about finishing the other Khaleen costume, but if it's going to rain I don't want to destroy my wig. LOL The tusken will at least protect from the elements.
  15. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry, guys, looks like I may be stuck in the old lab cleaning out my desk and filing cabinets this weekend since everyone kept finding other things for me to take care of on my last day today (and no one came looking for the keys either). Plus, I'm not sure how weather friendly my Royal Guard velvet outer robes would be and I'm not going to wear the white Leia in the rain. [face_hypnotized] heeheehee. Also, I don't want my flu symptoms to rebound either now that I am finally getting over this and Tom is coming down with it. Have fun.
  16. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've worn Leia in the rain twice...lol...not fun!

Good luck cleaning, we'll miss ya!
  17. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Rain eh?
    Good thing I hadnt finished my Tusken breather yet.
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So T_StarFlyer if you're coming down with the flu will you still be making the trek to Geneva tomorrow? If you were, do you think that pop-up canopy thingy you have would be useful to keep costumers dry under? Unfortunately, I don't know that our dining flys/tents have all of their poles.

~Doc_Bev
  19. theGreatSot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rain huh...? I'll bring my armor and wear it if it stops raining or doesn't start, otherwise it's not getting worn. The weathering is just tempera paint and will wash right off. Here's hoping it doesn't rain![face_praying] See you guys tomorrow!
  20. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Wingy;

I sent your a text message, regarding tomorrow and the ride situation. If you're going to begin your "hunts" any earlier than 9:00am tomorrow, I'll just keep the ride with Mike. I can't be ready before then... what with work tonight... not much sleep in between.
  21. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  22. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea i'm not quite 'can't get out of be sick yet' & I surely don't want to miss tomorrow, so ABSOLUTLEY I'll be there .

I'll bring the Gazebo , althogh it's not 'pop up' but 'put together' We'll try it if it dosent work out ...
    oh well....

With Daria not going I'll have 3 extra seats let me know (pm) & we'll make arrangements for rides.
  23. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I will be meeting Mike/Madkid in Victor after my hunt is over tomorrow and will be hitching a ride with them.
  24. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan to get an early start to give some time to finagle with this gazebo thing i'll aim to be out victor way 9ish, maybe can meet up with you fellas? When I get out there I'll call you & see where you are at.
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'd say it's safe to say we can sign up for this next year!
    Thanks TX4277 for getting us set-up for this event.
    Big thanks to TD-027, RJ & Pete for taking the plunge for Team Frozen Force!
    And of course thanks to all who came to the event in and out of costume.

I'll try to get pictures up soon. And, T_StarFlyer and Recaf2000 if either of you have pictures to add to the album I'll try to set you up with permissions to upload as well.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.