main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2006 series- EU Literature movies??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Fett, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Its an interesting thought, If lucas didnt want to make new stories, he could make like hour long shows of the books made. It would have its ups and downs... we'd get after RotJ live action, wed get more CW... but theres allways the possibility of the Star Trek Syndrome, turning it into something most of us hate, what do you think?

2. Dark_Jedi_D

Dark_Jedi_D Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    He wouldn't have to make up new stories and he has plenty of EU to draw from. Sounds like a good idea to me.

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Star Trek Syndrome? Isnt that when you have writers block and so put aload of crap down on the page?

4. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I'd Say "NO CHANCE"...

It will be new Material, You may get a refference or two, but even that will be kept to a minimum.

5. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Star Trek Syndrome? Isnt that when you have writers block and so put aload of crap down on the page?
    [face_laugh] Yep thats the one!

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>If lucas didnt want to make new stories, he could make like hour long shows of the books made.<<

I wish that'd be the case, and I wouldn;t completely rule that possibility out (though it'd unfortunately probably be animation and not live action).

7. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I remember that thread, Quest. It'd make a great series...

8. StarWarsFiend

StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    *LAUGHS* LOL OMG thats a good one.
    Because lucas shows so much love of the EU in his Movies. But Seriously GL would most likely not allow EU books to be made except that he gets a big fat check.
    He has shown some like for some books like SotE but Good luck. New matearial is likely. Maybe a few characters nicked from the movies and the EU but id bet on new matearial.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>But Seriously GL would most likely not allow EU books to be made except that he gets a big fat check. <<

Not exactly accurate- his introduction to Splinter of the Mind's Eye implies otherwise, as does his cooperation with EU authors and his like of a couple stories (particularly the often-jibed-at Dark Empire, and probably a few of the stories he helped out on).

10. StarWarsFiend

May 23, 2004
    poppycock

"Not exactly accurate- his introduction to Splinter of the Mind's Eye implies otherwise, as does his cooperation with EU authors and his like of a couple stories (particularly the often-jibed-at Dark Empire, and probably a few of the stories he helped out on). "

Have you ever read splinter of the minds eye. if you havent dont. As i said above: He has shown some like for some books like SotE. Sure he likes some, helps some ppl with some, but this is whim type stuff. Look at the Young Jedi books about Jacen and Jain Solo the children of Han and Leia. The focus of GLs fabled last trilogy that 'wont ever be made'. He showed almost nil interest there. The Thrawn trilogy, possible the best work of EU could have been woven into the prequel movies seemlessly, and been a welcomed pat on the back to Zahn, but no. He in it for the money. Just like the PT and the Clone Wars etc. To believe money dosnt drive this at least to some sizeable extent is fooling yourself. Look at hyperspace. People say 'wow i get tons of stuff, and its just 1.89 a month' or some crap. Yeah i know i had it for a real long time, i got a few cool things but i figured wow, i get very little out of it. And i remember when it was free. Infact! i get less now that it is pay then when it was free, spoiler wise anyways. I get more inside info listening to this sites spy reports. Hilarious.

11. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Because lucas shows so much love of the EU in his Movies

[face_laugh]

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    If you made the books into films, most of those films would have to be more than two hours.

I would like to see The Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology made into five nice films.

They could hire Anthony Daniels and Ben Burtt and the rest could be new people. Timothy Zahn could be the executive producer and Jon Williams could do the score.

-Seldon

13. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey, he didn't have to name the Republic Capital Coruscant (Zahn made it up), imagine the essential guides trying to explain THAT.

14. StarWarsFiend

May 23, 2004
    L O fricken L
    You think Zahn made up Coruscant. You need to do some actual research before thinking up silly stuff to post. Zahn did not Make up coruscant. Coruscant was a Lucas thing he merely chose a name. And given Lucas's name previously HadAbbadon i would assume Coruscant is obviously more fitting.

15. Jangotat

Jangotat Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2004
    i allways wanted it to be names cruton... dont ask why, i cant answer...

I would like to see The Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology made into five nice films.

Why not three? 5? Howd you get that math? ;)

16. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I know that Zahn would love to see his Thrawn Trilogy made into films, even if it were a CGI thing. Random topic we got on with the Jedi Knights of Cleveland at his book signing. He says the actors are all too old to do the trilogy now, but with the way computer graphics are progressing these days, it could actually happen. All you need is the original actors to do voice work (even though Carrie Fisher's voice isn't quite what it used to be... maybe we could find someone else for that one).

Heck, I'd be all for such a series. And when I start my animation company in Toronto, I'll get right on it. ;)

(Oh, isn't it wonderful to be a college student with big dreams, who hasn't had her illusions bashed into the ground yet?)

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>(even though Carrie Fisher's voice isn't quite what it used to be... maybe we could find someone else for that one). <<

Ann Sachs from the Radio Dramas always did Leia better anyways, so maybe they'd use her again.

18. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    nah, I think he would do like the Ewok movies, and just use 3PO and R2 with all new characters in an all new story arc, something so that people will still have a need for Hyperspace ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.