main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 - 30th Aniversary - A great year for Star Wars collectors (Update - Wave 4 Delayed)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Rebelscum posted the following list for 2007

2" Unleashed Battle Packs:

These semi-controversial packs are coming back with new assortments for the 30th anniversary. Arguably, the small-scale Unleashed figures are one of Hasbro's most popular new lines of 2006, and since it's foolish to fix what's not broken, we can expect the following new sets:

ANH: Commanders
    ANH: Rebel Blockade Troopers
    ANH: Imperial Stormtroopers
    ANH: Luke Skywalker & The Droids
    ANH: Cantina Encounter
    ANH: Imperial Sandtroopers
    ANH: Tusken Raiders
    ANH: Jawas & Droids

30th Anniversary Battle Packs:

Not unlike the previous Battle Packs, the 2007 assortments will feature four figures and a few small related accessories, and will utilize retools, repaints, and maybe even a new sculpt or two. Of the ten new sets scheduled, you can expect to see the following in 2007:

TPM: The Battle Of Theed
    AOTC: The Battle of Geonosis
    TCW: Ambush On Ilum
    ROTS: The Attempted Arrest Of Chancellor Palpatine
    ANH: The Capture of Tantive IV
    TESB: Jedi Training On Dagobah
    ROTJ: Battle At The Pit Of Carkoon

30th Anniversary Showcase Poster Packs:

These action figure four packs will feature 8 x 11" movie poster replicas, and will include a special base to showcase the figures and posters. Currently we can expect six of these poster packs in 2007, but if the line is successful, we will likely see more. Don 't hold your breath for new sculpts though?

3 3/4" Basic Figures:

Saving the most exciting for last, let us look at what Hasbro plans on releasing for everyone's meat and potatoes Star Wars collectibles. Again we can expect figures to be package on a fresh card design, and now with pack in coins. Hopefully the addition of the coins will prove more successful than they were for Kenner back in the old days, when the line was petering out. While there are some exciting new characters, we can expect some rehashed and retooled figures to spruce the line a bit, which is great for new collectors.

Wave 1: ROTS
    Galactic Marine
    Mustafarian Lava Miner
    R2-D2
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Mace Windu
    Clone Trooper
    Super Battle Droid

Wave 2: ANH
    M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien)
    Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)
    Darth Vader
    Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit
    Luke Skywalker
    Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
    EU Chewbacca (McQuarrie Design)
    EU Stormtrooper (McQuarrie design)
    EU Boba Fett (Johnston Design)

Wave 3: ROTJ
    Hermie Odle
    Oola w/Chain
    Umpass-Stay w/Gong
    C-3PO
    Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
    A-Wing Pilot
    EUHoliday Special Boba Fett

Wave 4: AOTC
    Mace Windu
    Anakin Skywalker
    Clone Trooper
    Padmé
    General Grievous (possible EU)
    EU Yuuzhan Vong

3 3/4" Limited Edition Vintage Assortment:

For the third wave of VOTC figures, we can expect much of the same, but as mentioned above, there is no point fixing what isn't broken. The new wave includes:

ANH
    Jawas

TESB
    Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
    Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
    Bossk

ROTJ
    Princess Leia Organa (Endor Battle Gear)

3 3/4" expanded Universe 2-Packs:

Finally the EU collecotr's time has come. Hasbro plans on releasing no less than 12 Expanded Universe two packs. Each collectible set will include figures based on both Marvel and Dark Horse Star Wars characters. While there's no word on whether we'll be getting the green bunny dude or Hoojibs (Note to Hasbro: Dudes, come on. Hook us up!), we are finally getting a Quinlan Vos figure. The sets include the following:

MARVEL
    Darth Vader & Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Stormtrooper & Tarkin
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise & Chewbacca
    Luke Stormtrooper Disguise & R2-D2

Dark Horse
    Republic #55 (Clone Wars) - Obi-Wan & Alpha Arc Trooper
    SW Tales: Twilight #1 - Quinlan Vos VS. Vilmarh Grahrk

Sounds like theyre finna

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "30th Anniversary Battle Packs:
    [...]
    TESB: Jedi Training On Dagobah
    "

Hooray! Although, I have to wonder what the 4 figures would be... Luke, Yoda, R2, and Dagobah Vader?

3. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    The list looks great!

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Looks like another expensive year also, LOL!!!!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yes, I will be looking forward to seeing pics of some of these, especially the Fetts..

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm really excited about the 'Concept figures'. If you look at all of the 'Art of Star Wars' books, there's a ton of potential here across all six movies.

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    There is a lot of good stuff there. And Padme made the list! Although, it would have been nice to see more than one listed.

8. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    Finally!! a Yuuzhan Vong!!! I've been waiting for it!!

9. Saper

Saper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2006
    Ghost Obi most is probaly packaged rather than vader... They had put new Luke, Yoda, R2 and obi out for the OTC line back in 2004 or whenever, theyll probaly repackage those. They werent bad figures at all.

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    MARVEL
    Darth Vader & Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Stormtrooper & Tarkin
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise & Chewbacca
    Luke Stormtrooper Disguise & R2-D2

Is it just me, or are there not actually any EU figures in that list?

The Vos and Villie one is good though.

11. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    This list looks great!!
    I'm excited to see some of these pics too.
    The new Vintage style list is excellent.
    Im looking forward to the Galactic Marine, the Like Jedi Knight.
    Some of those battle backs could be interesting... Although i do not collect EU figures, i am definately interested in checking out the concept figures....

Already 2007 looks like it will be a great year for collecting!

12. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I've been hoping for a re-release of Oola. Hermi Odle and Umpass-Stay are awesome too. I wish they would redo some of the Max Rebo band, like Sy Snootles and Joh Yowza, to give them some more articulation.

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    It's gratifying to see at least one Padme on the list. :)

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    We'll have to see which AOTC Padme is coming before I get too overly excited.

BUTTTT... HERMIE ODLE!!!! [face_dancing]

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I agree PLJ. Right after I posted that I had the hideous thought that it could turn out to be a new version of her in her white battle costume...that would be super disppointing to me.

But yeah, Hermie Odle is cool! :)

16. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    great year for us collectors but bad year for my back account :_|

new fetts will make up for it [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I just noticed... Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit Cool! That's technically EU, right?

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hmm. Not sure. Some would say it is. If so, that would make the Luke from the Mos Eisley wave EU as well. Personally I don't consider either one EU.

19. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Finally VOTC is getting Han Solo in Bespin gear! I have waited FOREVER for that Han to get a new design and better style! I LOVE the VOTC, so this will ROCK! And Luke too! When I first read this news I screamed like an excited little girl at that news.

The EU collection will no doubt rock. I just hope we get a Jaina and Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo too. I want the Solo family.

20. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I must say there is a lot of stuff on there that has me optimistic. Here are a few thoughts:

Episode II is my favorite, and everything listed as being from it looks great to me, except the Yuuzhan Yong figure in the AOTC wave, which doesn't interest me. It's also possible/likely that the Mace figure from that wave will be old since the new SA one is coming in early 2007 (if I remember correctly), so it's probably part of the ROTS wave. Of course it is not possible to say what will be all-new, what will be repacked, etc. based solely on a list of names, but that's what I anticipate. I'll take any AOTC clone, including a repack, and I have high hopes for the Padme figure. I'm expecting it to be the fireplace scene outfit, since they mentioned that many figures from the Fan's Choice Poll will be made in 2007 and a Geonosis jumpsuit figure is coming later this year, but I'll be happy with any new Padme stuff. The Geonosis Battle Pack will have "some Jedi" in it, so they say. I don't know what that translates to, but if they pick a good mix of background characters I'll go for it, since the only ones I have are the ones that went to arrest Palpatine in ROTS and I can always use more Jedi for my arena diorama. More droids would be cool also. That "possible EU" beside General Grievous is intriguing, but even if it isn't I'll be interested if it is new in any way.

If the Ilum Battle Pack Padme is new, I'll buy it. It very well may be, since it was on the Fan's Choice Poll.

The Galactic Marine, Mace, Obi-Wan, Clone, and Super Battle Droid catch my eye from the ROTS wave. I assume the clone is the Airborne Trooper, and as I said before I assume the Mace is the SA one and more droids are always nice (unless they are poorly made figures, obviously). If it fits into a generic scene (meaning not EU styled like the upcoming Saga figure), I'll take it. I am hoping the Obi-Wan is the Pilot figure made to have the burned tunic, post-Mustafar duel look. I've been hoping for just such a figure for quite a while.

I hope the Jedi Knight Luke is the SA one that fans have been demanding. Again, I am optimistic since it is another figure from the Fan's Choice Poll.

21. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Supposedly the Ilum Padme is the Bunny outfit, and we've had near confirmation, so I'm happy about that. And 2007 brings in SA versions of Mace AND Qui-Gon. Which I couldn't be more happy about. ROTS brought soem GREAT Jedi into the mix with GREAT articulation. And Qui-Gon & Mace deserve the treatment.

Plus Darth Revan. Which you just CANNOT go wrong with. I'll proudly display him with Vader. I ALWAYS wanted to put those two together, now I get to! 2007 will be a PERFECT year if HK-47 is released as part of the EU Two-Packs. I'll be a HAPPY fan.

22. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I think this would be a good place to ask this question. I am trying to find out details about these collectors coins. I understand that there is a case with a Vader figure and one coin. But how well the other 59 coins come out?

23. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    Here is the story about that case on Rebelscum, for those that haven't heard.

To (sort of) answer your question, NM_Mandalorian, I know one coin is packed with each basic 3.75" figure - I think randomly. I don't know if any will be included with vehicles, Unleashed Battle Packs, or any other lines of figures, though.

24. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    I don't know, but I can't read your post without hearing Comic book guy saying it![face_laugh]

25. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    It is too late to edit my post, but I just want to add that in the looking around online that I have done today, I saw that the general opinion is that the coins are not randomly packed. I have not personally seen any official word one way or the other; I just assumed they would be random since the mini holographic figures from this year's line were. So other than saying they are going to be included with the basic figures I unfortunately can't be of much help. Sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.