main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 - 30th Aniversary - A great year for Star Wars collectors (Update - Wave 4 Delayed)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizewan

Wizewan Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2007
    Is this poster old news?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9086.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9087.jpg

2. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    Pretty new. Within the last week, I believe.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If you've been having trouble finding figures this year, keep an eye out at your local supermarket... I was @ Kroger's this week and they had a pegfull of 'Saga legends' (I think that's what they're called)... They were mostly white clones... As you might expect, they run a little higher than Wal-Mart and Target... $7.99 each @ Kroger.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That goes for the UK as well. I've been finding quite a few figures at my local Sainsburys - even the McQ figures.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Sure, rub it in :p...

I think if I ever do find a McQ "In the wild" it'll be at an oddball place like a grocery store... or a K-Mart ;).

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think we got all the McQ Chewies. He's a shelfwarmer here. However I only saw the McQ Fett and Stormie a couple of times and not after that.

7. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    The "legends" and older waves of TACs are filling the pegs at some of the Targets. Nothing new has really shown up for a while.

Funny you mention supermarkets. I found a galactic heroes Kit & Mace a few months back in an Albertsons.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I saw the left-overs of a wave of 'Saga legends' at Wal-Mart yesterday, so maybe they're starting to hit around here... but my luck I don't really want any of those figures.

If this were 'The Empire strikes back' and Star Wars collecting the equivalent of bounty hunting, I'd be Dengar at this point [face_laugh].

9. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Seems like supermarkets are the 'it' place lately. I found a McQuarrie Boba Fett at my local Jewel a few weeks ago. Totally random. I swear, this grocery store had the same lonely Lushros Dofine hanging on the peg by himself for well over a year now and suddenly there was one white Boba. I laughed out loud when I saw him and scooped him right up. Only one I've ever seen in real life. :)

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I found Boba once at Sainsburys and snapped him up. Haven't seen him 'in the wild' since. I was in town today and Woolworths had restocked Wave 3 - there were a few McQ Chewies on the shelf.

11. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Just found 2 McTroopers at a WalMart this morning. Mrs. Darth gave me 'that look', or I'd have 2 more in the McTrooper army. ;) I'm a little shocked they were even there... probably a sign that everyone is caught up on waves 1-3.

12. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yup, got mine at S'bury's in Broadstairs. Dragged my mate in there on a Sunday afternoon. They'd put the SW figures on the top shelf (I kid you not, this shelf's like 6 feet up), with McBoba at the very back of the group of figures. I had to use one of those retracting -stool things to stand on just to browse them all. Grinned like an idiot when my sweaty paws landed on Mr Fett :p

I figured it'd been put there by some shelf stacker who couldn't buy it until the end of his shift or something. Should've hidden it behind the beans! [face_mischief]

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My Sainsburys does the same thing. Luckily there is usually at least one of the Hasbro lightsabers warming the shelf nearby so I just extend it and use that to move the figures. Then if I see something I want I can either try moving it to the shelf edge with the saber or asking someone taller to get it for me.

14. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I spent 2 days shopping out of town. Here's what I bought

the new Darth Vader figure with the plastic Obi Wan cape base- the perfect Ultimate New Hope Darth Vader that can also be used for Empire or Return of the Jedi for a little extra

the new Imperial Stormtrooper with the removeable helmet. What hand does the blaster go on better and which hand holds the underside of the blaster?

Same with the Death Star Trooper and holding the gun with both hands

Resident Evil Code Veronica X for Gamecube. Bought the game for 3.75 at the local Shopko store

15. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I've spent the last three months going into the likes of Tescos, Sainsburys and Woolworths trying to find the McTrooper and McFett figures. Only managed to get one McFett in all that time. I did nearly get another one but I was beaten to it by about 10 seconds by some little squirt. If only I'd left the house 5 minutes sooner :(
    I am eagerly poised for when Wave 4 hits our shelves. I ain't missing out this time, ha! Can't wait for the Han Solo and Starkiller hero figures to come out. Apparantly though, no one is making a profit with these figures so I hope that that doesn't effect whether they will continue to stock them in or not.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Between local purchases and two gotten as a gift, I ended up with about 4 McFetts. I only found the one McStormie though.

17. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Also I find it funny that the new Death Star Troopers are pegwarming like crazy. Dunno why noone isnt buying them. Hell if noone else will then Ill buy 3 or 4 more of those suckers.

Plus at Walmart last night I only saw one Jawa with that one droid. The rest were the Saga Legends Clone Troopers from ATOC and ROTS along with the Mace Windu, Airborn clone trooper, Gun station Han, Yavin ceremony Luke, and the two figures of Biggs in his Tatooine outfit and X-Wing. Plus Walmart or Shopko still have these for the box sets

Episodes IV and VI tin box sets
    Tusken sand people with the Bantha
    Darth Vader with the coin album for 11.99

anyone else besides me think that its a bit disturbing to see for the Galactic Heroes series that they now have Darth Vader with the removeable helmet showing Anakin's pasty scarred head?

18. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Really? Even taking into account the dragging of wave 3, they're still shifting round my way. And I would assume that if the figures sell, the shop makes money (or does that sound daft?).

I daresay the problem lies with those independent toy shops, who price everything £1-£2 over Woolies and S'bury's. Then wonder why nothing sells... :rolleyes:

Do we have an ETA for wave 4 in the UK? I really can't justify buying any more wave 3 figures :p

19. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    That's what I would have thought too, but apparantly my retail sources tell me everyone is selling these figures at a loss. I'd like more concrete evidence of this because it seems crazy, but with one or two exceptions, they seemed to have sold very well.

I've also heard Wave 4 is due mid-September in the UK. So maybe in one month's time they will start appear. So rev your engines up, that Boba Fett is mine!! ;)

20. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    SEPTEMBER? :_|

All the figures I've been buying have been £5.99 (yes, that's around $12), and that's been the standard price for figures for a good while now. I can only think that the cost-price is getting hiked up and the larger stores don't want to raise their prices and lose sales? I can't believe they're operating at a loss though. That's just not good business practice, especially for the bigger players.

I remember Woolies had that Saga wave with the Utapau trooper for ages, then we got no more waves in mainstream stores after that. Do you think they've noticed that if they keep putting the same 6 figures on the shelves, people will eventually stop buying them? :rolleyes:
    At least the Wave3's got Stormies, which are good for army building. Trouble is, I've already got 4, and I'm having a hard time explaining to the missus why I need more, what with all my PotF2 ones... :p

Edit: for spelling.

21. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I've never found any McQ figures. :_| I don't have the money for eBay- maybe somebody at Hasbro will take pity on collectors and do a wave of them exclusively, or a boxed set from a store for Christmas.

But enough that I can get one unlike the Clone Wars Season 3 sets that sold out in minutes.

22. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Has anyone found Wave 4 in the wild yet? I must admit, my patience is wearing oh so thin...

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen any. I think I remember seeing on Rebelscum that Wave 4 isn't out til September here in the UK.

24. Wizewan

Wizewan Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2007
    Pics to pass the time..:D

http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/tac/24.html

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.