main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 - 30th Aniversary - A great year for Star Wars collectors (Update - Wave 4 Delayed)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I got Wave 4... I think. The box is stashed somewhere amidst heeps of junk [face_plain]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've started the 2008 thread after seeing the news on Rebelscum - feel free to pick up that discussion over here. New year, new thread.. :)

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Wahooooooooo!! I finally Found McVader and Animated Boba Fett at my local Sainsburys. They only had one Fett but two Vader's, plus a few more from Wave 4 but these were the only ones I'm interested in :D
    Hopefully most stores will start to get them in now.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll be going to Sainsburys tomorrow. Hopefully I will be as lucky!

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Woolies had a McVader and AnimBoba today... mixed in with another batch of Wave 3's... bizarre.
    Sainsbury's - wave 3 only.

Got the Boba anyway. All I've got to do now is keep an eye out for another one for my nephew, then I'll be done with this wave and I can start whining about the next one not being here [face_laugh]

I wish that was a joke...

6. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    FINALLY! After months of little to nothing, the Star Wars figures hit like a hammer in Colorado last night! I got the rest of the galactic hunt figures, Saga Legends Wave 3 including two or three variants of sandtroopers, clone trooper officers, pit droids and battle droids, darktroopers galore and WAVE 6!!!

Woo hoo!!! I spent a LOT of money!

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was in Entertainer and Woolies today - both are still on Wave 3 and both had McChewies, Biggs, and Vader. I think Woolies had the Jawas as well. Woolies had added in some of the Titanium vehicles - first time I have seen them there. Nothing that I wanted though. I'll see if Sainsburys has anything to offer tomorrow.

8. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    It would appear that wave 4 is now officially go in the UK :D
    S'burg & Woolies both stocking here in the Oxford area.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My area is slow then - local Sainsburys still had Wave 3 on Tuesday.

10. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    So what figures are supposed to be out in stores now? What about 4-Lom and the Bespin Han figures.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I went to Entertainer and Woolies today - both are still stuck on Wave 3. :(

12. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I purchased the new Luke Skywalker figure from Return of the Jedi last Wednesday.

13. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    the new Return of the Jedi Luke figure I really need to get my hands on before other people do. the figure looks sloppy with the half cloth tabard but at least we have an updated ROTJ luke thats more articulated until we might get a better one later next year which should be the Death Star II Luke.

I also want to get CZ4, Tatooine Luke with the moisture vaporator thingy, Bespin Han with the torture rack, and I still need to get a few of the new Vintage style figures like 4-Lom, Endor Leia, IG88 and MAYBE Hoth Han

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Finally! Sainsburys had one Animated Boba this morning - mine now. They also had a couple of McVaders but I passed. That's all they had of Wave 4 though - the rest of the figures were the dregs of Wave 3.
    I was in Woolies and Entertainer yesterday. Woolies is still on Wave 3 and they had a few Titanium ships. Entertainer had all their figures in a heap on the floor and an employee was cleaning that section. I took a quick look but didn't see any TAC at all (it was probably buried).

15. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I got McVader and Animated Boba from Sainsburys too, weird. Anyone know how long it will be before Wave 5 is released in the UK? Also if anyone's looking for McStarkiller Hero, it's available on Play.com from this friday. McHan will available off Play.com a little later too.

Is anyone doing the same as me and just collecting the McQuarries Concept Figures? (and Animated Boba too)

16. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Oooh, cheers for the Play heads-up there :)

By the looks of the Play release date, I'd say the 26th should be the street-date too, although I'm dubious as to when they'll filter down to domestic level (as stated above, Woolies and S'burys still have W3 on the go).

I've ordered the Starkiller, although I'm weighing up whether to go for the Revan/Malak too; I'm so impatient, and they're basically retail price.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I found CZ-4 at Sainsburys yesterday - the only wave 4 figure on the shelf. (McChewie, Biggs, and Vader were still there). Plus Sainsburys had 25% off all toys so I got the figure for £1.50 off. (I think that sale ends today though).

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I pre-ordered McStarkiller a while ago on play.com, so I'm hoping they will get them in sooner rather then later and satisfy my needs :D
    I too am only collecting the McQuarries figures (plus the Animated Fett). These McQuarries figues have really got me back into collecting figures once again, and all the OCD that goes with it ;)

19. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Good, it's not just me then [face_laugh]

Just been down to S'burys, they've got a mixture of wave 3&4. Got me another Animated Boba, so that'll be the nephew's at Christmas.
    After deliberating for all of 10 minutes, went back onto Play and pre-ordered the two Darths and Hermi Odle. They're the ones I really want from the next wave, so it'll stop me sweating in the shops that way. Although looking at W5, I'll probably buy most of them anyway.

I love the fact that I'm not into cars or hi-fi's :D

20. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    I heard that Walmart is having some kind 3 dollar sale on the TAC Star Wars figures? I suppose all the good figures will be snatched like pancakes.

Figures I am planning on getting next week after Halloween are Vintage Style Bossk, Endor Leia, Hoth Han(do a little customizing with this figure and the new Bespin Han), Chewie as Boussh prisoner since its a ROTJ Chewie, the jabba's palace jedi luke, moisture vaporater luke, sandtrooper, Mace Windu since I need a prequel figure, and whatever I see in stores

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I saw the McStarkiller Hero on Saturday at Forbidden Planet London. £7.99 and was a mighty temptation but hopefully Play.com will see my order through. Great figure though :D
    They also had the Ralph McQuarrie figure which was rather good too.

22. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    This weekend on Friday and Saturday I was out of town and stayed at a hotel for shopping and I went to Walmart and Shopko and holy crap they actually had the new Star Wars figures out on the shelves. McQuarrie Darth Vader, McQuarrie Starkiller, Hermie, CZ-3, Jedi Knight Luke, 4 Stormtroopers, one Saga Legends Endor Biker Scout, about 20 Saga 2 Endor C3PO, 2 Moff Jerjerrod, and some others that are too many to put on here. I only bought Jedi Knight Luke and if the stores still have that McQuarrie Vader I will definitely get that one. Im not really into the McQuarrie figures but that Vader figure is making me cave in :p

23. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    I've gotten up to StarKiller, from Wallmart but I have to hit all 3 stores in town, on the days that the new stuff comes out. It goes so fast.

24. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Has anyone been frequenting Kohl's? I've been finding lots of stuff there... UGH figures, McQuarrie Concept figures, the Hermie Odle/Bespin Han waves, etc. And this week they're on sale for $6.79.

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Play.com have just told me my Skykiller Hero figure is in the post :D
    With this and Super Mario Galaxy arriving today/tomorrow, it's not a bad week at all ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.