main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 - 30th Aniversary - A great year for Star Wars collectors (Update - Wave 4 Delayed)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Snap :)

They reckon my Revan is 'packing', me Hermi Odle is 'Processing' (he was packing yeterday..?) and my Malak is processing too.

Ah well, at least they're retail-price, that itself gives me patience :)

2. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Havn't found the Gold Coin Darth Vader or Gold Coin McQuarrie Boba Fett. But did find the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper, Padme and Destroyer Droid with the cool Sheild bubble.

3. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I was in a comic store the other day and came across a Utapau Airborne Trooper and a Galactic Marine. I hadn't bought any star wars toy in about a year, but I couldn't pass these two up. I lusted after them for the longest time before I gave up collecting. Glad to get them, if nothing else, for closure. [face_laugh] :p

Though, I think my final star wars purchase will be both the RepCom set and Darth Revan.... both of those will eternally have a place on my self.

4. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    UK Update: Popped into S'bury's today on the way back from work as they've got a half-price toys offer on. Lo and behold, a Tatooine Biggs, a couple of CZ-3's and a shedload of General McQuarrie's. Needless to say I got a couple of those. They also had a Smuggler Lando which I had to have.

So I don't know if they've opened a case or three of W5's and I've just missed the bulk of it, or what. No matter, the price offer runs till Wednesday so I'll be back there before then. From the looks of things, I think GeneralMcQ is the new pegwarmer ;)

:)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll have to check mine when I'm there next week. This past Tuesday they didn't have anything I wanted.

6. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    So yeah, as I posted in the Acquisitions thread, Woolies in Didcot has started Wave 5 and maybe Wave 6 (well, the bizarre mix the UK seems to be getting for waves which includes 2 of the previous themed wave.)
    Spotted so far:
    ? Hermi Odle
    ? C-3PO / Salacious Crumb
    ? Smuggler Lando
    ? Torture Rack Han
    ? Pre-Cyborg Grievous
    ? McStarkiller Hero
    ? Roron Corobb
    ? Tattooed Anakin
    ? 4-LOM
    ? General McQuarrie

No sign of Kybuck Yoda or Malak & Revan at store level yet, although I suspect they're pretty low-packed.

+++

On a slightly different note;
    My Concept Grievous arrived from SWShop.com today, co-incidentally the same day I bought Pre-Cyborg Grievous in Woolies. Now while I'm not disappointed in the official Concept figure, I can't help thinking that the Kaleesh Warlord version would have made for a nicer addition to the Concept line. Maybe the Warren Fu version just looks too similar to the finished version? Dunno.

I'm keeping my concept figures sealed and on display, along with General McQuarrie, so I think I'll put Pre-Cyborg.G in with them :)

+++

And while I'm on about the Concept line...
    Couldn't help but notice that TRU(UK) are selling the "CE Exclusive" McLuke, and Forbidden Planet (and now also play.com) are selling the "C4 Exclusive" McDroids. What do you reckon the chances are of the SDCC Obi-Wan/Yoda set hitting any outside retailers? Only I want it for my obsessive-collection, and I'm debating whether to pay Ebay prices (£18) or wait for it to be lower once it hits retailers.
    Prime example being, I recently paid £15 for the McDroids at Forbidden Planet. While I don't resent this at all, play.com have got them on for £7. I just don't want to get stung too badly, that's all :p

Mind you, I'm talking myself round as I type this, thinking "is £18 that big a deal for completing the display?". Hasbro/Ebay Sellers love people like me [face_laugh]

+++

I'll be glad when the 30th Anniversary figures are done with I think, I've got no willpower when it comes to these beauties :D . I've probably bought more figures this year than any other. It's not that I'm buying each one, it's just that a ridiculously high percentage are enough to make me go "Ooh! WANT."

7. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    The only figures I need to complete the 30th Anniversary collection are:

Clone Trooper (Hawkbat Battalion)
    Pax Bonnkik
    Holographic Darth Vader
    Rebel Vanguard
    Red Naboo Soldier
    and those 3 Pit Droid variants with the alternate accessory.

Otherwise, everything else is in the bag (or rather in the boxes)...:)

8. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Found all but the 3 Pit Droid variants last night. Seems like all I need to do is post what I need and it shows up. :)

9. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I wish... :rolleyes:

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Maybe I haven't been paying close attention, but doesn't it seem that Hasbro has been unusually quiet about it's plans for '08 so far? Usually by now we have an idea of what the cards will look like and some juicy rumors about various waves. I haven't seen or read anything lately. Does anyone know what?s up for next year?

11. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Would someone be so kind as to point me to a list (text or with pictures, either is fine) of all the figures of the 30th Anniversary line? I need a check-list! Thanks in advance! :)

Also, if you haven't been in Target the last few days, there are tons of SW exclusives now on the shelves. There are two Ultimate Battle Packs, the Battle of Endor, and the Battle of Hoth. At least one huge pack of figures for the SW Miniatures game, again with the Battle of Hoth as its theme. And the two beauties of what I have seen so far: the ARC-170 Fighter and the Battle Pack of ARC-170 Elite Squad (2 pilots, 2 clones, and a blue-red R2 unit, that will hopefully fit in the slot of the back of the ARC-170 ship, or so the box indicates). I found all this stuff on the endcaps of the aisle with the SW toys.

On the other hand, TRU and Wallyworld seemed to be getting the waves in sooner than Target, but it looks like Target is catching up. Saw lots of Tattooed!Anakin on the pegs yesterday. I can't wait for the Padme in the black dress, actually. This makes me hopeful that one day we might see Padme in her wedding dress, the waterfall dress, the peacock dress, or the water dress. :)

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Check out the Rebelscum Photo Archives for all of the 30th Anniversary figures (and more).

13. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    The McDroids are now £5 at play.com

...the day after they've delivered my £7 ones. Two weeks after I paid £15 at FP... :p

Anyhow, get 'em while they're hot.

14. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    I agree with LAJ_FETT. www.rebelscum.com is always the best place for the latest updates and photos of Star Wars figures. They've already got a list that contains the first two waves of 2008, plus they just posted the cardbacks for Saga Legends Wave 5 (as noted on theforce.net homepage).

15. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Thanks for the help, folks! I'll check Rebel Scum out. [face_pumpkin]

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Whos the bossk is back is the hissouse! The collecting freak needs to make up lost time.
    Anything that i missed? Seen what is coming out (force unleashed, clone wars) and I am excited.

Been on a dry spell with the Mcquarrie's. Had been snatching them last summer through fall with ease, now been stopped cold with McSolo. Any else having difficulty with this fig?
    Hope this is my lucky week, will let you all know what happens....

can you get mcquarrie luke, r2, c3po, obi-wan in stores or just online?

17. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    TRU stores in the UK have McLukes. Lots of 'em.
    I got my McDroids from Forbidden Planet in London, but Play (online) do them cheaper.

Alas, I had to resort to scalpers for my Obi-Wan/Yoda. Ah well.

18. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    ATTENTION my Collector friends. What are you guys finding and not finding
    in stores at the moment? Just curious. I am looking for McQuarrie figs such as
    Solo which has been difficult. Got lucky with McQuarrie Rebel Trooper last week and
    snagged him up at Target. Bent corner ,but oh well.
    Haven't seen Darth Revan/Malak since i snagged them up 4 months ago!!! I like
    Darth Nahilus too, what about you guys? Darth Bane also.
    Will these figs come out individually soon?

Is anyone doing the same as me and just collecting the McQuarries Concept Figures? (and Animated Boba too)
    PadmeLover1991 wrote - Great name by the way.
    answer: I definetly am , I have just Solo to go with R2/c3po and Luke to buy online.
    anyone else i missed?

Yes Lord Tice those McFigs got me back into collecting as well!!
    How is your collection look?

Yeah, i resorted to those buggers (ebay) and bought Obi wan/Yoda
    combo (is this right for all Mc Obiwans/Yoda's).
    In order to get Mc Luke or Mc R2/c3po, do you have to go online too?

19. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I found Vader with the coin album in a bargain bin today, made me wanna complete the album. How difficult are these figures to find?

20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Not too difficult my friend, I've seen them on Wal mart's discount aisle for some time.
    Bought mine for $4. I think it was a product that they overpurchased on. Wish they
    would discount some of their figures, you hear me?

Any other collecting issues? I think everyone is waiting for some new figures
    to start hitting the shelves. Wave 10 I believe.

21. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    any news (look above)??

22. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    (Read above)

Still selling saga legends , wave 4 around here.

Wish i hadn't moved since figures were better down
    south.

23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Wow , after months of looking for those McQuarrie
    figures to complete my collection, the McQuarrie
    Han Solo popped up at Toys R US last week and I
    nabbed not one, not two, but three of those bad
    boys.
    Funny thing is, went back a couple days ago, and
    there were three more!! DIdn't have any cash for
    those, but may go back.

Anyone want to complete that collection too?

24. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Any answers to above paragraphs?

Busy week: Picked up Force unleashed jump trooper,
    battle damaged vader. Also picked up 2 Neyo's, scout
    trooper, and shadow Stormtrooper at the Best Wal Mart
    in the area, the $5 Wal mart!

Need to finish basement to display collection.

25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    any new news? any answers from above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.