main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 - 30th Aniversary - A great year for Star Wars collectors (Update - Wave 4 Delayed)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You got that email from r2dtoys as well then..
    I will wait til after Christmas before deciding if I'm going to order anything since the email also said they will be closed from Dec 20 til early Jan..

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Vintage Snowtrooper.... =P~.... I am very tempted to pre-order one from r2dtoys. Even at 9 quid...

3. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I am going to be getting all the votc figures anyway without a doubt but apart from that I need to have a figure of myself anyway ;)
    I am just wondering what cardbacks they will feature on?? I know one thing for sure there will be not any star wars cards this time round as we already have han solo on a star wars card and also we did got alot of jedi cards this year so it maybe the majority of esb cards

4. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Nothing wrong with ESB. Watched it last week. The original release that is...

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That Vintage wave list looks great... but isn't it a bit too soon for another Bossk... The last one was really, really good... It wouldn't be consistent with the history of the line, but I get the feeling he'll be a re-pack or a slight re-tool... It's just good to see Empire start to get some much deserved love from the "Vintage" line.

I really like what I've seen out of the 2007 line thus far :D

6. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't care what Bossk they pack in there. I'd buy any figure they put on a vintage card, they could release the "Imperial Dignitary" on a vintage card and I'd buy it.

I can't wait for a super articulated Jawa with cloth robe and light up eyes! On a Star Wars card, of course.

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I reckon they should offer also a mail away version of the YPS snowtrooper to us europeans ;)

8. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Why is it so hard for people to get things accurate? Han's blaster does not have a silver tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Here is wave 2 carded & loose and high rez... I wasn't too sure about the cards at first, but they've grown on me... The big character photos are great not to mention old school :cool:

Wave 2, Hi rez carded

10. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Actually Han's blaster did have a silver tip in EpV (among other changes compared to the EpIV prop). So another way of looking at it is that they gave an EpV blaster to a figure based on an EpIV appearance. Looking at it that way, the fact that the tip is silver is by comparison inconsequential...just more obvious based on the picture that's right there on the card.

If you're going to pick nits you might as well pick 'em right. ;)

Personally though it's not something that would drive me to 24 exclamation marks.

11. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    You counted them?:p

The silver tip doesn't bother me so much, since it can be fixed at least. What's bugging me is that the pics of the Death Star trooper and the Honor Guard are both photshopped pics of General Veers.8-}

12. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Even more mind boggling is how both the Imperial and Rebel blasters continue to shrink. :(

Overall the wave looks fantastic... I guess we'll have to wait for Han in ceremonial garb. The only ones I'm looking at getting, though, are Ceremonial Luke, Biggs (who has a marvelous head sculpt), and most definitely the Concept Boba Fett.

13. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I am pleased to see that it appears as though the high quality of the first wave carries over to the second as well. I love what they've shown of the McQuarrie Signature Series so far.

14. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    What are the McQuarrie Luke and uh...I forgot the other ones.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    So far I've read reports that there will be a RM Luke, Vader & Chewie (And Han too I think).

Ugh, those are photoshopped Veers pics? :(

16. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    Card back pics. Like the blacked out coming soon figs. Just like the 80's.

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news.htm

scroll down.

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000

OK, what's up with the incredible shrinking blasters? The sculpts continue to get more and more realistic, their body frames have (thankfully) departed from the old POTF He-Man styles, and yet now that the figures look good, the blasters look like crap. :mad:

I have a recent Imperial Snowtrooper sitting here on my desk that looks pretty much spot on, except for the miniscule E-11 in his hands. [face_plain] It's obvious that they intend for the blaster to fit in the little loop holster, but I'd rather have an accurately proportioned blaster in his hands than a place for him to put it.

Does Hasbro have a screw-up quotient that they have to meet? Do they intentionally make sure that at least x-percent of a figure is just plain wrong?

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The first wave has been delayed until at least March, according to this news item on Rebelscum.
    A Hasbro quote from the article:
    Due to unavoidable production delays, the first waves of Star Wars 30th Anniversary basic figures for 2007 will be delayed until March. We ae looking at every way to get the figures in earlier, but fans should not expect to find them on shelf on 1/1 as we were hoping. We expect subsequent waves beyond the first to be on schedule shortly thereafter. We'll keep everyone updated as needed, but please be patient. Thanks!

19. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    I hate EU, but I love any and all concept arts! I wish the Unleashed line would dip into this. Some of the great concept art from the Art Of books include 4-LOM, Grievous, Anakin, Dooku, Maul, Royal Guard, Jabba and Snowtroopers.

It's much better than reissuing another Darth Vader figure, right?

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    :(

21. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    On the plus side the delay will mean that the usual post-holiday period of things being released that are really hard to find (the transitional post-OTC waves come to mind) won't be quite as ulcer inducing as it usually is. Instead we'll just have a time when there is virtually nothing on the pegs.

22. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I am hopeful that the delay will make it easier to find the last Saga waves, but that isn't necessarily going to be the case. Maybe the production numbers on the last waves of Saga will be increased to tide the market over until the 30th Anniversary waves begin.

23. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Same here!

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, it's not like I expected to find them on 1/1 anyway. It would've been late January before they started showing up in the East. At some point after Christmas the leftovers of the '06 line will go on clearance and then we might have a month of empty pegs.

My guess is that Hasbro is going to release waves 1 & 2 much closer together than usual to compensate... That could lead to some wild and wooly times at the beginning. It also will cut the window shorter for the slower moving figures from each wave to have their natural breathing room. I hope this doesn't lead to a glut of the first few waves' peg warmers clogging up the pegs, further slowing distribution. On the other hand, I don't see many peg warmers in those first two waves.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hasbro have put up pics and information on 3 new Battlepacks for Spring 2007. You cna check them out here. They are Jedi Training on Dagobah, Battle of Geonosis, and Capture of Tantive IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.