2007 Awards

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by greencat336, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    2007 Awards, Pittsburgh, April 28, 2007. Another big "Academy Awards" show.

What do you all say?
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I say if Pitsburgh is brave enough to host it again this year why not? LOL

3. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I'll even be there this time!
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    YEEEEHAAAAW! :) yay !!!!
  5. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So how about sending a list out to all the various boards about the various awards, to give folks time to get their group costuming shots, fanfilms, fanfics, etc. together. Could the entire list be posted here.

Also, how is the new 'fanfic' category going to be judged? Just send Strawbary a copy of the story and have her pass it on to (who judges this again? The regional monitors??) Could we have a thread on the fanfic boards and let folks there vote? Could any fanflim entries be posted on YouTube and let folks vote?

6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think we should post all entries online and people can send a vote via email to an awards acct I will set up that meriwyn and I can tally.

we can send a reminder about the awards however my main concern right now is the venue... details, what type of show...... where, dinner etc... we need those things focused on.
    I dont want to pump anyone up for the awards when we dont have any information yet.

sound ok?

So once we get over that hurdle of securing a space for it, whether its in a restaurant off the hotel premises or right in the hotel again.... then.... we can move forward.

In the meantime I will set up an awards acount on yahoo.....

EDIT: I will put something together as a reminder the awards are coming up and to gather submissions. I would like to move the deadlines up so we are not scrambling last minute again. ;)

7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    damnit, I lost what I just posted and have to retype this - GRRRRRRR I cant remember it all now ......

basically, we made jokes about the kilts are hot last year, I would like to play on that this year. I would love to have performers wear kilts this year ;)

Also its the 30 yr anniversary so I would like to focus the show around that too, I would like to do a little slideshow presentation on star wars thru the years - like a then and now piece. thoughts?

I would like everyone who has any pics of them as fans when they were kids and put those in the slide show this year along with the pics of them now. ;)

at any rate, I would love input on this. :)

Thanks!

should be alot of fun. there are many things we can do with this...... :)

PS do we have the projector this year? I forget if I asked this in another thread yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.