main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2007 Beyond the Saga Awards: **VOTING CLOSED**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beyond_Fanfic_Awards, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Beyond_Fanfic_Awards Beyond FanFic Awards Sock star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 8, 2005
    DAILY UPDATE!!

In other news, my carefully chosen color theme looks crappy on this periwinkle banner/board combo. :(

Zonoma

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Aw.. I happen to think it looks great in the contrast to the color scheme of the board.:)

3. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you, Juliet316!

AFTERNOON UPDATE!!

It is a smallish update, but there you have it.

Zonoma

4. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Just a friendly reminder that noms close at midnight (boardtime) tonight. Don't forget to send in your noms, better late than never! ;)

Z

5. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    AFTERNOON UPDATE!!

Zonoma

6. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
  7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Good luck, everyone[:D] . I love coming to the ceremonies :) . They are so much fun.

8. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Alright, fanficcers.

My team tried, but we all have responsibilities in the morning and I know you don't want our Real Lives to suffer from staying up too late (most of us are Eastern Standard, making it 1:40 am here). The final lists will be posted early tomorrow morning.

If you see that you are qualified, please DO NOT SEND IN YOUR EXCERPTS until I send you a PM informing you of your qualifying pieces. Rules for excerpts will be contained in that PM. They should all be sent out by midnight on the 23rd.

Good luck to you all in the last hour and a half!

Z

9. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Final update to the lists have been made. Congratulations to all of our nominees and qualifiers for the well-deserved recognition. Keep on writing, ladies and gentlemen!

I am compiling the notification PMs, please wait until tomorrow to send anything in. Any excerpts received before 12:01 tomorrow morning will not be accepted. Please wait until you have the PM in hand and give us today to breathe a little bit. Thank you.

Zonoma

10. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Okay! The PMs notifying authors they have qualified are sent out. I?ve already had a case of leaving off some qualifying stories so if something looks off to you (or you did not receive a PM when you thought you should), please be certain to PM the sock!

I look forward to accepting excerpts tomorrow.

Zonoma

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats, Beyond team!! The hard part is over :) And excerpts are the easy part ;)

12. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Congratulations! You guys did a fabulous job! It is all downhill from here. [facE_grin]

13. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    HOLY! I've been nominated! I don't expect to win because my writing isn't all that good in matters of continuity, and the fic isn't done yet, but OMG!

But I'm not popular enough to have people vote for me D:

14. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow...I got nominated. Didn't see that coming. I definitely don't expect to win.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Take a bow, Beyond staff! Every volunteer in every era has just done a wonderful job! =D=

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Everything looks wonderful. I can only imagine how much work all of this is taking. Hats off Beyond Staff! Your work is appreciated.[face_love]

Some great stories quallified, good luck everyone![:D]

~MJ@};-

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I think it's already been said at least half a million times, but Beyond Staff -- you are absolutely WONDERFUL! Everything looks so perfect and it seems to be running so smoothly. Thank you so much -- you've obviously put in a lot of work for this! [:D] [:D] [:D]

=D= =D= =D=

18. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Uhmm... that may seem to be a stupid question, but WHERE can I actually find the thread with the excerpts? There's no link to it here (or I am simply blind, which wouldn't be that strange since I'm already using strong glasses...:p)
    Can somebody give me a hint, please?[face_praying]

19. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    First we need to create the thread with the excerpts. :D The qualifying authors will have some time to choose their excerpts and send them in, and the volunteers will have some time to create the thread. It'll appear in Resource when they are done. :)

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    =D= Well done "Beyond the Saga Awards" volunteers!!!

21. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I was absolutely floored at being nominated for an award, and I want to thank all of you involved for all of your hard work. I've never voted or nominated because (true confessions) I am somewhat technologically impaired.

I'm almost ready to send in my excerpt and need some clarification on how to do that. I 'pm' the passage (800 words or less) to the 'sock.' Is the sock 'Beyond_Fanfic_Awards'?

22. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    That's right Chewie. Or, for a shortcut to PMing the sock, just click here

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hello, everyone! Due to RL concerns, I will be MIA the next few days. If you have any concerns at all about the awards and the process, please send a PM to the Beyond_Fanfic_Awards sock where the very capable Team Beyond will either answer your questions or know how to reach me. Do NOT send them to Zonoma because I won't be there to open them.

Thank you and I'll see you all in a few days! :D

Zonoma

24. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I hope you have a nice break, Zonoma. :D You and the volunteers have done a fab job with the awards so far!

Ant. ]-}

25. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    A friendly reminder from Team Beyond:

Midnight Sunday (board time) is the deadline for excerpt submissions.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.