2007 Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by AuntBeruLars, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    The location has been reserved. Mark your calendars NOW and begin making arrangements to attend.

SVRF Christmas Party 2007 will be on December 15th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Specific location/directions will be given at a later date.

Everyone plan to bring something to share at the snack/dinner/dessert table. We had lots of good eats last year. Everyone was responsible for bringing their own drinks.

This year, besides soft drinks, we will be allowed to have alcoholic beverages if we maintain control at all times, and do not let the party filter outside. Marric is in charge of the C3POs. If you plan to imbibe in this wonderful concoction, please talk with Marric about what to bring.

We also enjoy a gift exchange game. Everyone who wants to participate will bring a Star Wars related gift (of any kind) to share with someone who wins your gift. We ask that you keep the cost of your gift to a minimum of $5 and a maximum of $15.

More info at next meeting, November 10th. Our Christmas party will take the place of our December meeting, so there will be on meeting on Dec 8th.
  2. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    REMINDER:

To participate in this activity (as with all the fun stuff), you must be up-to-date with dues and an active member of the SVRF. This means that on party day, you must have paid dues for the final quarter of 2007......yes, that means paying for Oct, Nov, Dec.
  3. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    Thought I'd make this easy for everyone interested-

C3PO Recipe
    Ingredients
    1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
    1 dash Cointreau
    1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
    1 part Orange Juice
    1 part Pineapple Juice

Also let us not forget car bombs too-

3/4 pint Guinness stout
    1/2 shot Bailey's Irish cream
    1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey

4. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in for a bottle of everything necessary for the C3PO's. Of course, between me and my two-fisted drinking buddy (ahem, Mr. Korde) that may not go very far.:D Someone else will have to worry about the car bombs...they look gross.[face_sick]

5. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    your supposed to drink them in about 10 seconds so really taste isn't an option. As we get closer we'll have to find out what everyone is bringing and plan accordingly.

my list so far-

Blanket
    Pillow
    Car
    dignity(to be discarded)
    drink supplies(not sure which yet)
  6. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Can we pitch a tent at the venue location so we can all just stumble to sleep in our C3PO induced stupors? (Got some alliteration going on there, yea me!) Driving may be out of the question!!

Of course the other option is just not to drink...won't that be fun. Yahoo.[face_frustrated]
  7. csarrico Jedi Knight

star 1
    This sounds like its going to be a lot of fun. Thanks for trying to make it after I turn 21. Very nice of you all. I will deffinetly be there. Just let me know what I should bring at a later date.
  8. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    We will have some floor space available for those who cannot get behind the wheel of a car and who have no DD with them. [face_shame_on_you]
  9. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good call for floor space. We can also bottle and distill the vapors Marric and JD put-off, and sell it at the next convention as Super Soldier Serum! Gauranteed to take the paint off the rustyiest R2 unit!

I must be gettin old, because I'm dreading my 40 year birthday celebration with my old friends in Yosemite next summer (20 years since we all worked there, and we're old high school buddies), because I know we are gonna put away and ungainly amount of alcohol, and I get tired just thinking about that. Two margaritas and I'm usually asleep. Oh well, a toast to the young folks! 8-}
  10. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    All I can tell you Ekim is that my 40s have been great. More than I ever expected. For some reason, 40 brings a sense of freedom and just not caring about what others think and finally coming to the realization of what is important and what is not. I greatly encourage you to jump into them with your great enthusiasm. You won't regret it. And 40 year old buddies to celebrate with...what could be better. :)

Marric, you need to use your skills and convert that recipe for C3PO's to a larger recipe, say by the gallon. That way we can mix up a batch and put them in a container we would just have to revisit for refills. :) It makes for a lot less mess to clean up also. Plus we wouldn't have to deal with the bottles, etc. Everyone can chip in the meeting before to buy the supplies. Only those that will be partaking that is. :)
  11. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I am the smart one around here (that's IS what you all say, right? [face_whistling] ) I'll do a fancy mathmatical conversion and figure out just how much alcohol that we'll be needing to make those gallons you speak of, Nasus. They go down pretty easy, so how many should I figure per person? About 1/2 gallon each???[face_dancing] I will submit my request now that all lampshades be removed from the area. I'd hate to embarrass myself. (Worse than I've already done in the past.) (Although I would like another chance to sing to Boba...:D )
  12. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    No lamp shades? What am I supposed to wear once the shirt comes off? how do you translate a dash to a measurement?
  13. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing, Silly...that's the idea. (Did I say that out loud? :oops:) Not everyone was around for the last shirt twirling incident...and it's only fair that you show the rest of the crew just how much fun you really are.

14. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think anyone really wants to see that, i do however want to see this singing even if boba doesn't.
  15. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Get working on that receipe then. I only sing when I don't think I or anyone else will remember it. It's not pretty...
  16. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought you were doing the conversions, I suck at math. I guess this would be every science and math teachers revenge for not paying attention, I can see their smug faces now. I will make it gallon size just don't be surprised if it's not very tasty(atleast the first one the rest will go down smooth).
  17. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I want to use that Summa Cum Laude for something :-B ...so it might as well be for figuring out how to make the perfect drink for a great night with friends. We WILL make it tasty -- from the first one to the last -- have faith.

Now we just need a giant punch bowl or a couple of those Igloo thingies to fill up.

And how about food? Or are we going to all be on a liquid diet that night? That might actually be a good thing, that way I can bring a crappy gift and no one will remember who gave it to them. See, always thinking am I...
  18. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    all you have to do is wrap it and toss it on the pile, that way no one knows what you brought.

I think there was mention of pot luck, so if everyonw brings drinks a liquid dinner it will be.
  19. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Well good, I'll wrap it in ugly paper and put too much tape on it, and it'll look like one of you men brought it. :p

20. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    see now your getting it. we still have pleny of time and a meeting before to discuss what will be brought and what people want if anything to eat.
  21. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    But I want to plan now!! :_| Why would AuntBeru tempt me like this...it's so far away!!!
  22. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Let the planning begin. There is plenty of time to change our minds about 50 times. :eek:
  23. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Are you sure on the peppermint schnapps. I thought the bartender said it was spearmint schnapps and it definately had that kind of minty taste not the candy cane type of minty taste. I might be wrong. I would be willing to call the Holiday Inn to see if they could verify. :)
  24. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    But i got the recipe from them.
  25. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Well your mission is to mix it up both and do a taste test. You imbibed as many or more than me so we will trust your decision. My money is on the spearmint though. :) I use to do shots of peppermint on a regular basis in my youth and I just didn't taste it in the drink but it did remind me of of kind of mint julep kind of drink. :) Let us know the outcome once you come to. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.