main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 Costume Projects

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Ok well I been rather absent but rather busy forging on with life, pursuing dreams n what not... here's the first albums of costume and makeup work that I kicked into 2007 on!

Final photos added of completed Quidditch Gear from mid 2006
    http://imageevent.com/absinthangel/thecostumes/harrypotterquidditchrobes

http://imageevent.com/absinthangel/commissions/sithassasin
    http://imageevent.com/absinthangel/thecostumes/jedicouncillor

Aaaaand ... sneak peak of upcoming Oz made fanfilm!
    http://imageevent.com/absinthangel/spectreofdarkness (pwd is: SOD )

Enjoy!!!

*rechains self to sewing machine*

Riiight! .. next up ...ACG FAIRYTALE PICNIC .. then BRISBANE SUPANOVA

2. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    Wow...

So Chael, you're not from the US? Where are you from then?

EDIT: Never mind, just checked your profile. I'd love to see Austraila sometime.

3. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I saw you at the NY Comic Con on Friday with the uniform. It looked awesome.

4. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    NY Comic Con? Hey, I know some people who went to that. Did you happen to meet anyone from sonsothesuns.com? Our best guy (imo), Bryan, should've been Anakin one day and Indiana Jones another day. I think he also said he'd be Clark Kent as well. If you saw a fem Anakin that's most likely Tally (Lady Skywalker).

5. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Yes I'm from the land Downunder :D You should definately visit sometime! we're really friendly :D I will make it to the US sometime!! (hopefully)

6. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I saw a few people but didn't get to speak to them much. I think I did see Tally, but she was in her Slave Leia outfit. The only two Indiana Joneses I saw were female. I only saw one person dressed up as Anakin so that must have been Brian.

7. xxferretgirlxx

xxferretgirlxx Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    Well, I've got three costumes in the works right now that I need to finish by CIV:
    1. Jawa
    2. Random Jedi
    3. Padme's Sleepless Knights gown

I won't be too upset if I don't finish the first two, but I need to finish the last one for my senior formal for college!

8. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    I am also trying to get a Jawa done for CIV (redone actually). I have intentions of having two versions; a straight forward Jawa and then a Jawa Jedi. I have the front embroidery done on one of the stoles.

Last weekend I got my ANH Leia dress and belt done (will post photos when our new digi cam arrives this week). Now I need to work on the boots and wig. Surprisingly the costume was quite warm and very comfortable.

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Surprisingly the costume was quite warm...

You'll find most costumes to be warm, my friend. A Jawa Jedi? Sounds interesting. Make sure to post pics once it's finished!

10. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm planning on finishing my fourth version of the Lake Gown and I think I have the right fabric for the undergown. It actually comes from my first attempt at Padme's Naboo Nightgown, so I just need to modify it just slightly and it should be good for an undergown. :D

My next plan is to get the fabric that I've been watching at my work and use my awesome discount to get it and maybe do trial for the Picnic Gown. I've got all those sequins so why not? ;)

Don't have much planned for this year, especially with work now in the way and a move from California to Montana around August. Got a lot to prepare for. :p

~Spacelady

11. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    Fett-Man: I should explain why I found my ANH Leia surprisingly warm. I wore it to a small gaming convention held in an old town hall, the building is not that well heated and I was in the basement. Plus the high temp that weekend was 15 F. And I did not wear any extra layers under the dress and the sleeves are not tight but very loose. The ANH Leia dress is more of a summer costume than a winter costume.

(One of the "coldest" costumes I ever wore was Ilia from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture". I made the very short wrap-around "dress" she wears for most of the film and wore it to the movies opening with a group of other fans. It opened in December and we had a sleet storm that night. BRRRRR!)

12. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Hehehe ah it's funny how different climates affect the wearing of costumes! I actually find the Classic Leia dress to be almost too hot to wear in summer (I wore it in Dec, and had to walk around with the sleeves piled up on my shoulders, it was so hot!!). I generally tend to wear a flesh singlet top and stockings underneath. It's absolutely perfect for winter weather! In fact, I'm even worried that the Hoth/Bespin escape Leia costumes will be too warm to wear even in Winter!

13. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    That Hoth Leia costume needs super airconditioned rooms, namely if made like real winter clothing. Of course ESB premiered in May (late Spring) so most of our costumes were a bit warm to wear. The movie set in a cold weather climate couldn't open during Winter. (I am in Wisconsin and the temp range for our state is roughly from -10 F to 98 F.)

(Back in 1985 I was fortunate to have had the pleasure of touring Australia. I absolutely loved the country and wish I could afford to go back there.)

14. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, a Jedi costume is good for almost any climate. In the Winter that cloak is nice and warm, and in the Summer just don't wear the cloak and you're fine!

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    3 unforseen costumes got added to my list for 2007 and I managed to do them all in the past month and 1/2 - as they're needed for All-Con in a few weeks. It's been a bit slavish but I'm pleased with the results.

Satines:
    Black Diamonds - pics in a few days maybe
    Peignoir/lingerie - pics up
    Hindi Sad Diamonds - pics up

These are all 'stage' versions, very recognizable but not screen-accurate.

Weird - 6 months ago I had only 2 Moulin Rouge costumes. Now I have 6 :p

edit: sp

16. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    SWCostumer: That's what I'd thought, I think I'll have to choose my fabrics wiseley (well at least the lining!). Wow! You went to the premiere! That would have been incredible! I jsut converted the Farenheit into degrees celsius, I'm assuming you get snow? *sigh* I'd love to see snow! Here in Queensland we winter nights can get to around 5 degrees (41F) but that's when it's really cold, and that's right in the coldest part of night time. Often our winter days can be around 20-25 degrees (68-73F). I still maintain we have 2 seasons: Summer for 9 months of the year and autumn for 3 :p

Fettman: it still depends on what fabrics you use. I could only wear my robe for about 30 mins, before I had to take it off (in Feb, so end of summer). But thankfully my pants are a cotton blend and my robe, tunic and tabbard/vest are all made of linen, so they're wonderfully cool. I'm such a huge fan of natural fabrics in our climate (it's usually not the heat but the humidity that gets you! You need a fabric that breathes!)

Sister-Sola: Those costumes look great! You've done an excellent job putting them together. They look fantastic! Can't wait to see Black Diamonds! I love that costume.

17. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    I have a lot of projects planned for this year...and a few I'm still working on (the "hopefully"s are ones I've wanted to do for a while, but might/might not get around to):

- A white drawstring nightgown remake (brief scene in AotC)
    - The Rainbow Dress
    -The Black Corset Gown
    - 'Sleepless Nights' gown
    - The Gold Picnic Dress, hopefully
    - A start on Elizabeth's Plum Dress or Gold Dress, hopefully
    - A re-do of Leia's Basic White dress, hopefully

So, in short, I'm gonna be busy this year. :p

18. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm back from NYCC and boy was it a blast :D It's nice to finally have a big con right in my own backyard :)

I finished my Imperial officer in time for Friday (I also wore it on Saturday evening)
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/imperialofficer/websize/501%20front.jpg]
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/imperialofficer/websize/501%20Gallery.jpg]
    A simple braid in my hair kept it neat and out of the way, it however does NOT prevent hat hair lol.

http://imageevent.com/benaequee/starwars/newyorkcomiccon2007

19. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Everything but my robe and tabards is polyester. The rest is faux suade. So it's light.

20. luminousbeing78

luminousbeing78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2005
    Sola, your Moulin Rouge gowns are to die for! I believe I saw you in a deep red dress at D*C and marveled over it all day! Do you modify patterns or make them from scratch?
    I've never seen the movie (sinful, I know[face_blush] ) and now I must rent it!!!

p.s.--I was looking at some pics from the movie "300," and the queen wears a pretty cool modified toga-ish dress. Mmmmmm.....

21. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I love your work on the Quidich Stuff. Nice pix.
    I, too am chained toa sewing machine doing soft armor for 501st Pathfinders. I do the cummerbunds, vest, pouches and flightsuit mods for them. Got about 12 of them on the books right now.

22. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Benae_Quee your officers uniform is just fantastic!! It's so neat and tailored, I really love the look of it! You've done a great job! Love the hat!!

Fett-Man you used polyester? :eek: Light, perhaps, but the lack of breathability in polyester makes it a death trap. Well, to be precise, a sweat trap. Natural fibers (cotton, linen) soak up the sweat, but with synthetics, it just sits there. A polyester blend wouldn't be too bad though. But then again, I'm also very used to our high humidity here - you learn to love the natural fibres!! So long as you find it comfortable, that's the main thing!

23. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    finally got my ever after breathe costume done. still needs a few more trims added but this is it for now.

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/liannb/Costumes/2007_0320everafter0005.jpg]

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/liannb/Costumes/2007_0320everafter0008.jpg]

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/liannb/Costumes/2007_0320everafter0011.jpg]

[image=http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/EdmontonFanforce/2007%20Events/March%20Masque/2007_0325mall-feast-toyshow0059.jpg]

24. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh wow liannb, that looks gorgeous :)
    Nice work ;)

25. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Wow! LiannB, that is absolutely beautiful! So much gorgeous detail :D You look simply stunning! Fantastic job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.