Ark 2007 Election Headquarters: Results and Changes posted below. Please read. Thank you.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This is the place to post your intent to run for office.

All campaigning will be kept on this thread.

You have until the 15th of January to declare your intent to run for office. Voting will take place between January 16th and January 29th.
    Voting directions will be posted shortly.

Remember that everything that has to do with voting must be kept in the public forums and on THIS thread. Violators
    of this rule will be ineligible to run for office.
  2. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This is me, Bacon, or should I say BJ. And I am declaring my intent to run for the
    office that I am currently holding. That would be Secretary/Treasurer.

Any questions, feel free to ask away.

EDIT: It has recently been brought to my attention by a member that I seem like a manipulator and that you guys only voted for me last year and are my friends because of your pity for me because I have been ill.
    I'm not sure I believe it. I may joke about "Who's going to argue with cancer girl..."but, my humor is
    what has gotten me through everything in my life so far. Like I said, I don't think this is the case with most of you in the group, but I am unsure as this has brought questions into my mind about my actions.

I may not always be a great secretary, and maybe there is more I should do and maybe I should have the
    info at my fingertips, but last year was a learning expeirence for all of us as officers...There have
    been things that could have been done better. I apologize for not being better at it. I would like the opportunity to keep the postition since I've just now gotten it down pat...So, I have chosen to run
    again.

If I ever do anything to any of you that makes it seem like I am manipulating, please stop and tell me.

I don't believe that any of you are my freinds out of pity. But, if that is the case, then don't vote for me or if nobody else runs vote "no".

Thank you for understanding and letting me vent this with the whole group.

BJ
  3. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Im not friends out of pity, Im friends cause I like people i should be able to choose who my friends are and to be able to vote who i want :)
  4. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the words of a very wise man... "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!" ;)
  5. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I nominate Sara as VP :)
  6. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    ti7267

It's not done as a nomination. The individual has until the 14th to post their intent to run for
    one of the four offices. It's best to tell a bit about yourself and what your plan of action would
    be and whatever else you want to say about it....

:D
  7. Astiateu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm... That depends entirely on what the VP does. Is there a link to job descriptions?
  8. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

read the by-laws...it's in there.....

I think[face_thinking]

Maybe I should post those here....I just don't have time right now...I'll see what I can do....
  9. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Bump!

Isn't anybody else going run???

Hmmmm????

Or are you all waiting until the last minute???

Hee Hee...

Remember to vote for or against the changes....by the 10th.
  10. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would run but haven't been a member for 1 year.

As for the BJ issure, what they said was completly inappropriate and false. If you weren't good I (and others) would have made you the National Propoganda Officer of another group. You do a great job at whatever you set you feet into.
  11. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Some people that might be interested are likely waiting to see whether or not that vote on "allowing those who've been in the group less than one full calendar year but have made a significant amount of the remaining year's meetings and events to be able to run for office" will pass or not. I think there are a lot of people in that category in the group in general - surely some of them are considering running or something.

12. Astiateu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh the PRESSURE!!!

Ok, I don't really know what the duties of VP are, but I will be willing to toss my name into the hat.

Do you want us to make speeches and things on this thread or will there be one set up?

13. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  14. nlrtrooper Jedi Knight

I will run for VP this year. I believe that I now meet all requirements to do so. I look forward to seeing you all on the 27th.

Connie (nlrtrooper)
  15. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So this is what we have so far...

President:
    VP: astiateu and nlrtrooper
    PR:
    Secretary/Treasurer: Bacon

Anyone else wishing to "throw their ha in" should do so before midnight on Monday.

Thanks
    Bacon
  16. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    To make it officail I guess I will run for President. Cause it looks like no one else is. This way you all can vote me out of office if you want to.
  17. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK...That makes it:

President: Nyborg13
    VP: Astiateu and nlrtrooper
    PR:
    Sec/Treas: hyperspace_police.

18. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Seeing as it is nearing the time limit on the 14th (we've got only about 5 hours left of today) and no one's stepped up to the plate, I'll put my name in for PR Officer.

I will post the directions to the house as soon as I can get to upload the directions file I have ready.

19. Astiateu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mesa gunna withdraw my intent to run. I don't want to get in over my head.
  20. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK. With Asti dropping out...that leaves us with an uncontested election ballot.

However, as stated in the by-laws, a vote of yes or no is made for all uncontested offices, so thats what we
    will be doing with this one.

Your lovely candidates are, (in no particular order):

for president: Nyborg13 (our current fearless leader)

for vice-president: nlrtrooper (a newbie who has shown commitment to the group)

for PR: wreyleaderzor (our webmaster and newbie as well)

and last, but not least,

For Secretary/Treasurer: hyperspace_police (our current book and records keeper.)

so, pm your vote of yes or no to amidalastarkiller (our regional moderator lady who is gracious enough to help us with
    our elections and any other force.net problems that come up).

In your pm subject box, please put the word Arkansas Officer Elections
    and then state yes or no to each position.

Thanks and if you need any help or information, feel free to pm me or the AGRadministrator.

21. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    What, I've not shown commitment to the group too? *lol* Just kiddin' with ya! ;)

What I was really posting about was a clarification of the name of the person we're to PM. amidalastarkiller as typed above is incorrect. I keep getting an error stating:
    " Error: User "amidalastarkiller" was not found in the database of users. "

Could you double check her name for us, I figure it was just a typo or something. :) (I make typos all the time, so I can understand how they creep up on us like this - One more reason I love Firefox 2.0 so much, built in Spell Checking on {forum-like} text-boxes!)
  22. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Try Amidala Starkiller

Just look at the top thread where it talks about the other message boards...she's the one who edited the post, so her name is on there.

I think the problem is amidalastarkiller run together is wrong. So try it like above.

Sorry about that.
  23. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    That did it. Thanks. I don't see her name up above in the thread, but it's sorted out now so all is good. ^_^

24. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good to know it's working.
  25. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Bumping so it's towards the top.

Remember, you vote yes or no for each (since we have unopposed candidates...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.