main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark 2007 Election Headquarters: Results and Changes posted below. Please read. Thank you.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Since I will be helping with the vote counting I thought I'd post this real quick. I'm leaving all the PM that contain votes unread until after the 29th.

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Bump. Remember to vote by midnight on the 30th.

So Amidala has time to count them on the 31st and the results can be up on February 1st.

The new officers assume thier positions on the 1st of February.

In the case that a candidate gets more no votes than yes votes...(and there's no unopposed offices this election) we will ask for candidates again.

I'll have to check the by-laws for the exacts on that...

I'll know it for sure by tomorrow...

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Results?

4. AGRadministrator

AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    We are experiencing a technical glitch with the voting process.

There is a problem with the count and we need each person who voted to do the following:

Please send a pm to AGRadministrator with the following:

Your user name and how many offices you voted for:

DO NOT TELL WHAT YOU VOTED, YES OR NO Just that you voted.

EXAMPLE:
    Joe_Blow
    Say he voted for president, VP, SEC/Treas and PR: he would say

Joe_Blow: 4 votes

Say that Bacon didn't vote for the president office, but did vote for the other offices:
    She would say:

Bacon: 3 votes

Thanks.

As soon as we have this information and get the totals figured and we're sure that we are correct, we will post results.

Please bear with us during this time.

Also, in case there was confusion with whoyou were voting for: Please be aware of the following: All of you who voted, except one, have met
    nlrtrooper and wreyleader. The event last weekend was at their home. nlrtrooper is female and wreyleader is male.

5. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Please do not list if you voted for an office or not we just want to know the total number of votes you cast yes or no.
    EX JO JO voted for 3 offices but undecided on 1.
    Or if you didnt vote at all we would like that info.
    We may be to the point of a total revote.
    Once again do not tell how you voted we dont want to know.

The discussion for a new type of election process for next year is already underway.

6. AGRadministrator

Dec 3, 2006
    Please note that the above request has been edited.

Thanks for your cooperation.

7. AGRadministrator

Dec 3, 2006
    With the voting straightened out: (And there were some problems with the totals)

The results are as follows:
    Nyborg13 and hyperspace_police were voted by a yes/no vote to keep their offices.

nlrtrooper and wreyleaderzor were not voted in by a yes/no vote.

Due to the fact that nobody else stepped up to run against them or openly say they had a problem with them running for office we have decided not to hold a second election for these postions.

The only office we are required to fill is the CR (city-rep) position that is filled by our Pres, Nyborg13.

Becuase nobody was interested in running for the offices of VP or PR, we will not be filling these postions this year. It does not seem right or in the spirit of friendship to have nobody run against either new mebmber just to see them get more no's than yes then turn around and ask for somebody else. The postitions are obviously not important enough for anyone else to run for so we will do without.

Here's what we are going to do.

There will be a thread started for activities/events that we want to participate in.
    For example: Bowling for Kids, Susan Komen Race for the Cure and so on.

What we would like is to get everyone to give their ideas. We will pick some of the events that seem to have the most interest and ask someone from the group to step up and take control of that event. This way nobody is having to dig into their personal time to take care of organizing 5 or 6 events and everyone gets the chance to have imput in the group and show that they can be an asset (and get to know everybody better).

So please check that thread and give some imput.

This is not the Nyborg/Bacon club. It's everybody's. We want to give everyone who wants to take charge and help up grow as a club to have that chance.

If there are any questions/comments/concerns please pm the AGRadministrator

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    When events come up that I have taken care of in the past, I will be more than happy to aid whomever steps up by giving contact numbers and tips. If I am around, I am sure I will be able to spearhead a few of the events. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

9. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I have an event april 7th a book fair for kids for barnes and nobles if anyone is interested :)

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Bumping so everyone has a chance to read this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.