main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2007 Fan Fiction Awards - Volunteer Sign-ups (now closed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JadeSolo, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Volunteers may nominate; however, to avoid any conflicts its aways best to submit your noms when it's not your vote counting period.

2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I'll volunteer to be a Grunt in Before or Beyond. Nom/vote counting, eligibility checks, coding...I can help with whatever needs done. :)

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I can be a grunt in Beyond. Wow, do I know a lot about coding now; I could do that. And possibly I could contribute to entertainment, if the muse is willing.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Grunt work requested. Doesn't matter what kind.

Have been AWOL for so long, I have nothing eligible for anything...

Just wanting to jump back in and get my fanfic fix and get back active and into the swing of things and what better way to do it??

Might need a bit of direction on what to do... But, thats the only way we learn...

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I wasn't going to do this, but if you haven't found a host for Beyond yet, I have much knowledge ;) I'd also being willing to host Saga or Before; I'm not picky (Beyond just doesn't have any host volunteers yet ;) ). I'm also up for doing any grunt work for any era if you've got hosts. I'll be out of town starting Tuesday for two weeks, and that's this summer's only vacation :)

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
  7. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I would like to volunteer to host Beyond. If that doesn't work, then grunt work is good, too. Beyond is on August 11th, right? Just want to clarify so that I know I'll have high speed net access that day.

Zonoma

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    We haven't fixed the order of ceremonies yet - like last year, that'll be up to the hosts once they're chosen.

edit: And even the ceremony dates themselves are flexible, should we need to push them back a week.

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Awesome! That takes away a big hesitation I had about volunteering. Thank you.

10. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I like to be a volunteer , At best it would be beyond the saga because that the board which stories I know best , but I also would be willing to take any other if Beyond the saga isnt free anymore.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ditto, and since you have someone who wants to host beyond, I'm happy to do later-on grunt work (excerpt coding, voting sheets, etc.) :) Or whatever else is needed for any era :)

12. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I'd like to volunteer as a grunt in beyond. Anything to distract myself from the fact I'm moving home :p

13. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    If you guys are hurting for volunteers, I'll take on the role of overseer. I have ZERO experience with awards but I have TONS of experience with leadership and management (Naval officer, project manager, etc.). I'm not inclined to do the vote counting and the like because I really don't have the time for it. That being said, if I get a few volunteers who do have a lot of time on their hands, I'd be happy to help make the awards a memorable experience.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Souderwan, the overseer does a vote count for nominations and voting for each era ;)

15. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm sure all rules are subject to negotiation. I would suspect that what matters most is that all votes are counted and counted accurately, and the process is a matter of what works best. I would think that forcing the Overseer into the role of vote counter automatically pulls him/her out of the leadership and supervision role, which hurts everybody in the process. At least, that's been my experience.

In any case, if the Overseer is to count every vote in all three eras or some such thing, then I'm not the guy anyone's looking for. If the process is open to discussion (behind the scenes is fine), and we're primarily focused on results, then I'm interested.

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Please feel free to add my name to the grunt volunteer list, any era, whatever grunt job needs to be done. Daytime or evenings, my schedule is very flexible. And I won't be going back on vacation until 8/11.

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I'd like to volunteer for the helpdesk.

In August my time will be limited to early mornings and evenings only.

18. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I'd like to volunteer as Entertainment Host. I clown around all of the time. [face_clown]

19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I would love to be a Grunt, in any era that you need me in! :)

20. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I volunteer to be a volunteer in any of the eras, wherever one is needed. :)

KT

21. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I know I said before that I could only do grunt-work, but I would also like to throw my name into hosting any era as well. My schedule is actually... okay. *is stunned* So yeah, if you need me, I'm here. :) Oh, resume? Um... co-hosted with Seb a couple of years ago; mind you, he was the main host and I was just backup. ;) Also volunteered last time around for Before, so I've got a pretty good handle on that.

I'll be out for a few days around July 11th but other than that I'm good. :)

-Krystal

22. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Well, Luna_Nightshade and I talked it over, and we'd like to be co-overseers if it's possible. We both have somewhat busy summers, but we think we could handle the job best if we put our heads together. :)

23. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Still need help? I can be a grunt and/or era host (just not Saga cause I flatter myself that I might get nommed). Let me know!

24. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    *gently tosses hat into the co-overseer arena*

Yup.

That is all.

25. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I can work as Entertainment Host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.