main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 fanfilm awards curiosity

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darth_Boba, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Eddie!

Knudson Menace turned out awesome, dude, you should be proud. I definitely think that there's no way it's leaving Celebration without a trophy. Maybe I should have mentioned I dig the film in the last post, otherwise it comes off as a whiny "Hey, not faaaaair!"

In any case, congrats and see you at the con!

-Chris

2. AstroninjaStudios

AstroninjaStudios Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2007
    Oh dude, I didn't think you meant anything by it. Definatly see you at C4. While your in town, we gotta hit up commerce. My game has actually gotten halfway decent since the last time we played.

3. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    Actually, email me, i'll get you in on the plans i have for Saturday night.

-Chris

4. DarthFozzywig

DarthFozzywig Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2006
    I'm surprised that a couple of the 'major' entries in this year's contest were allowed. I thought movies with SAG actors were prohibited, and I'm pretty sure some of these folks are in SAG. Any word on that rule being changed?

5. AstroninjaStudios

May 16, 2007
    Chris, email on its way.

6. Lipton

Lipton Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    you mean pink five and revelations?

[face_coffee]

7. Lipton

Lipton Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    where is the award ceremony?

8. shieldwolf

shieldwolf Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    So did anyone get a Lucasfilm email?

9. DarthInfarctus

DarthInfarctus Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I did. Actually I get Lucasfilm emails everyday. I commonly converse with the people there since we're good buddies in the fillm industry. I worked as a special effects artist on the The Fantastic Four and Minority Report. So I have pretty good contacts with people in other prodcution companies.

10. lord_knob

lord_knob Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2006
    Yeah, I got my Lucasfilm email today.

I found it quite amusing that it said...

"We?ll have rows reserved for you, enough so that you can bring a few friends and crew members along"

As I am basically the only crew and cast member, that's a lot of empty seats!! :)

I think I'll seat some of the action figure cast next to me! :)

Dan Mason

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/the_phantom_medalist.jsp

11. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    So...care to donate any of those empty seats to those of us who didn't get in? :D

12. lord_knob

lord_knob Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2006
    Hmm. Dunno. Depends if you voted for me or not. :)

D

13. Johbule

Johbule Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    Hey this is Matt Sobule, I created "The Fan Film"....the one about the kids who make the worst fan film ever. This is pretty much a dream come true for a sophmore in highschool, and i just thought i would come here and thank everyone for all the support!

14. shieldwolf

Mar 25, 2005
    We should get all the film makers to meet up before the award ceremony

15. Johbule

Johbule Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    shieldwolf..which one is yours?

16. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    You can do so at the Pink Five Volume 3 showing at 5PM :D

-Chris

17. AstroninjaStudios

May 16, 2007
    Hey Matt, this is Eddie, one of the guys from "The Knudson Menace." I made the comment on the AtomFilms page, but I feel like our films are distant cousins. I liked many of the gags in your film, and the fact that you did this while a sophmore in high school is all the more impressive. When I was a sophmore, I was far too busy having bad hair and not getting laid to make a film. Congrats to you.

And as a crewmember on ROP5 I second Hanel's motion that we meet in the P5 hall

18. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, it makes sense. The Pink Five show starts at 5 PM Sunday in the "Celebration Theater" and ends at 6:30, an hour before the awards show at 7:30.

So there's your window-of-schmooze opportunity right there. :)

Here's the official events calendar description of the show - hope to see a lot of you there or at the awards or both.

I have a bet down that Knudson will take an award and Volume Two won't - if I'm right I get a very pricey free lunch out of it. :D

19. Lipton

Lipton Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    knudsom is darn funny. not really like a fanfilm though. same with the kid one. boba has 200000000 views. so does chad. they could win.

i think forced alliance will take the win this year. have you seen their comments? it's like they made citizen kane. same with pink. poor jarjar seems to get the meanest comments. a lot of mean comments this year all around actually. glad to sit this one out. some of the higher quality films will suddenly get "worst ever" or "waste of time" or "cost too much money"

the big win will be pink five, forced, boba fett or chad vader.

[face_coffee]

20. Johbule

Johbule Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    Yeah, i saw that comment. Our moviesa are defiently distant cousins...I'm just happy we chose to go the route we went, becuase orignally we were going to have ours be a mockumentary( following the filmmakers though).As of now we are under fairly heavy attack for our movie...but i have no control over that. But, Knudson is defiently my pick to win it( Don;t get me wrong, i love the production qualities of the Fan Fictions...but i just don't get extended universe stuff), me and my friends quote Darth Curtis All the time. Meeting up sounds cool. I would love to talk to you guys about...everything!

- Matt

21. shieldwolf

Mar 25, 2005

Forced Alliance

22. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Lord_Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    It's a shame people feel they have to be so nasty when commenting but I guess that's really their problem. I can't help getting a good laugh from those comments.

I hope everyone has a good time at Celebration IV, I wish I could be there *grumbles at college not giving him the exam dates until it was far too late*

23. shieldwolf

Mar 25, 2005
    My favorite was the guy that said our film had no soul..

24. Johbule

Johbule Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    cool...forced alliance is yours. I am not a fan of extended universe stuff, but I have to admit I like your's, mainly because it doesn't try to recreatre anything, it stays completely original to what star wars is. Great job and hope to see you there. Just curious ,what was the budget on that film? or should i not ask? :)

25. shieldwolf

Mar 25, 2005
    You guys are going to laugh at me but I don't know anything about Expanded Universe other than The 3 books by Timothy Zahn. Gerry and I did this as an audition piece and we didn't want to tread on the Lucasfilm established story arc, so we decided to set it after Return of the Jedi. We don't discuss the budget, but I will say it was very very modest. Although it may not look it.

Is the EU thing a turn off to viewers? I look at our views and I know shorter films will get more hits and I expect established films like P5 and Revelations to do well but # of views are kicking our butts. I would like to meet everyone before the awards and just trade numbers, etc. By the way is everybody from L.A. or are you guys flying in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.