main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 fanfilm awards curiosity

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darth_Boba, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I walked into the fanfilm theater for a while, but after 10 seconds walked back out. The quality source footage during when I walked in on Pink 5 was terrible! I would have thought that they got the DVD or something. Maybe there was a better version, but the blown up web encoded footage on a big screen detracted me from that event.

2. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Atomfilms asked me last week to send a higher-res version for the montage, but I was busy prepping Volume Three and never got around to it.

The fact that they didn't become more demanding about it as we got closer to the show day was one of the reasons I knew we weren't going to win anything - clearly they knew they weren't going to be showing the whole movie. :)

3. CraftyShafty

CraftyShafty Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2007
    Ouch. Well, at least you were unburdened by any illusions early. Some of us held on to vain hopes for a 'Best Short' or 'Best Parody' until the end. [face_praying]

But, hey, at least we got a laugh when our respective clips were in the montage. And Pink 5 is still a crowd pleaser, no doubt. I certainly enjoy it. :)

Congrats again to the award winners. There were some really good efforts our there.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I was sitting next to two Pink 5 fans in the middle of the room who were arguing between themselves about the folly of going to something else other than the P5 marathon. With every award announcement, I was sitting there and clasping my hands in prayer. When the last one was announced and it wasn't anything Pink 5, the wife turned to the husband and said, "See? You jinxed it!"

5. Lipton

Lipton Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    whoa whoa whoa

just got back from a business trip to see that the potato movie won and chad vader won. here's the deal, if you have a banana peel gag in your movie you should automatically be disqualified from any comedy or any filmmaking award category in general. what happened to pink five and knudson menace? surely both are funnier than either of the two that won. maybe they felt the pink five gang has gotten enough attention? if that is the case they should go on the merit of the film in the future. not the filmmakers. I was happy that forced alliance won best drama, but a little baffled by the audience choice award.

also, atomfilms never received my film at all i discovered. yes, i learn this four days after the competition is over.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Here's my theory--PInk 5 is the LOTR of the fanfilm world--it will get a huge award for the last volume because up until then, it would just get redundant.

7. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I have to say this -- with all the enthusiasm and such this year, and the fun I had working on "RoP5v3", part of me reeeeally wants to make a small, random fan film. A hair of the dog that bit me.

I assume there's going to be another Celebration and AtomFilms contest one day, after all. (shrug)

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I guess you'll just have to settle for having an hour and a half panel devoted exclusively to P5.

O the injustice! :p

9. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Heh, yes - that was plenty for me. I was so focused on that, that I kept forgetting there was even going to be an awards thing afterward. :)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, of course. The Pinkstravaganza was much more important.

11. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Lord_Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I have a question for those who were there. I can't seem to find much information about what happened and I'm curious, did they only show the winners or were all 19 nominations shown?

12. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Only the winners were shown at the awards ceremony, with only a montage of the other entries at the beginning of the show. There was a separate theater that showed all of the current nominees, as well as all the previous winners from 2002-2006, all day long for the entire run of the convention.

13. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Lord_Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Alright, thats what I wanted to know. Thankyou! :)

14. Johbule

Johbule Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    So are any other of the finalists going to make another? As of now we have no intention too, but who knows? We have a large project ahead of us, that actually pays!!Yes!!! If we find time after that, maybe. Or maybe I'm just worried that I won't stop making them, and I'll forget to make a film based off of something i can create myself.

- Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.