main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ***** 2007 IEFF CHRISTMAS PARTY *****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    MoomyJedi and her three Younglings will be attending. We each have a gift for the exchange.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    YEA!!! I was hoping you guys would be coming. What about Mr. MommyJedi?

3. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    No can do. He'll be holding up the farm on Saturday. Plus he'll have just taken off work for the three previous days as it is our 11th wedding Anniversary on Thursday and we are taking a little break from the kids! Yeah!![face_love]

4. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    What the heck is a MoomyJedi??? Sorry can't spell apparently [face_blush]

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Actually, it's something I'm trying to get rid of. [face_blush]

6. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I'm sure it will be fine. No worries....

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Bad news, especially for JM. I talked to her this morning as she was getting ready to head off to Urgent Care. Sounds like she's been attacked by several infections again and completely wiped out! We need to find someplace else to hold our Christmas party. There's just no way she'll be up to hosting it.

Personally, I think we should move it to Sandy and Bill's as Sandy has nothing to do for the next several weeks! I'm joking!! She better be doing nothing for the next few weeks except resting and getting better!

Next week is crazy for me at work so I have no time to get the house ready and you wouldn't want me to cook anyway. Also, due to my zoo, people with allergies can't come anywhere near my home.

Any suggestions?

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Ack! We're getting ready to move. :oops:

9. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    Ummmm..It could be at my house here in Victorville.... I don't have time to cook though...maybe a potluck thing? People could meet here before the parade and drop off their dish at that time too if they are coming to the party. I don't know what kind of activities you have at the party maybe someone could help me with that?

10. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    I do have 1 cat and two smaller dogs.. if anyone is allergic..but i'll vacuum and mop! :)

11. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Well, I didn't know that JF was going to post that, but I did go to urgent care yesterday and I do have multiple infections, again. I know that it's going to take a couple of days for the antibiotics to kick in and unfortunately the side effects of some of the others meds I was also given cause dizziness and drowziness... combine that with everything else going on in my life, it would be very difficult for me to pull off this party. I'm so very sorry everyone!!!!!! I love having our get togethers here, especially Christmas, but I'm learning that I need to say when something is going to take a toll on me physically and this is definitely one of those times. Thank you Sharon for stepping up and offering to host!!! I will send everyone's money with Kari so you all will get that back. Again, I am so very sorry!!!

12. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    No problem JM! You need to take care of yourself...your health is more important! :cool:

13. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I would have offered my place, but I cannot. My landlady wouldn't permit it, and I'm really far down Bear Valley road. I'm gonna be moving in about a week myself.

I will say that Sharon's house is AWESOME! I've been there a few times.

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
  15. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    Ahhhh shucks! Thanx Lazlo and Cara! [face_blush]

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    We have exactly a week to get this together. Not a problem! Please feel free to chime is and make corrections or suggestions as I'm not a good planner.

Here's my thought. Since we're going to be at the parade for the morning, we should probably think about making this a cold cut/sandwich type meal with cold side dishes and desserts. It's easier to keep things cold (especially in December) than it is warm.

How does that sound?

Any other suggestions?

17. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    that sounds good Kari... if some ppl want to bring hot items we can put them in the frig. if they wanted to come here first and then reheat..but cold stuff is good too! what time should we start the party? Right after the parade, since some ppl will be up here anyway?

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The second wave of the calvary has come in to help with the Christmas party (the first wave being Sharon when she offered her home). Minda has offered to handle the food. ---> [:D] [:D] One for each of you. She'll be knocking out the details and one of us will post more info on it sometime tomorrow.

We all still need to pitch in $5.00 per person and possibly bring something to drink (a 12 pack, a 2 liter bottle of whatever, water, etc.). The HanChewie clan and JO & DM have already paid and I think AaS may have also.

Sharon, would you PM Minda your phone number so she can call you to get details about where you live and when she can drop the food off on Saturday?

WE NEED A COUNT OF WHO IS COMING!
    This is who I have confirmed so far:

HanChewie - 4 (I hope they're all up to it!)
    JO - 1
    DM - 1
    AaS - 1
    JF - 1
    MJ - 4
    SS - ?
    LT - 1
    SR - 1 (from 501st & LAFF)
    CUJ - 1

HSF and Delta... you guys are joining us, right?? JM, I sure hope you and Ryan feel up to coming for a bit! Symina, I know you and the hubby have to pass. Please forgive me if I've missed somebody (which I probably did), it wasn't done on purpose!

Thanks again to Sharon and Minda!!! =D=

I'll go through my notes and post the parade details tonight.

19. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    Oh, it's gonna be just me..My daughter will be here probably playing with a friend, she doesn't eat much.
    Are we sending money to Minda through Paypal?

20. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I will be coming, unless something ruins my weekend plans again.

21. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    No please don't send money through Paypal. It takes over a week for me to see the money in my account anyway so getting it at the party will be fine.

I will be working on the menu tomorrow. I told Kari, I'd do it today, but my Mom had an accident and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance while we were shopping. Status still unknown. She is still in the ER and I took the girls home to bed, so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. She has hurt her shoulder arm in some way. More complicated then the average person as she can't walk already so...

anyway, when I get an idea of the amount of people and the money we have to buy, I will make a great meal for you all. And since I'm new here and have just met a handful of you, I am a professional caterer so I promise it will all be edible!!![face_laugh] Not gourmet on our budget, but good none the less!

We're really looking forward to this...

22. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    If you are planning on coming to the party, please PM me for my address and or directions....
    or see me @ the parade =D= yay! gonna be fun!

23. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Yes, we are coming! Sharon, I will PM you for directions after this.

Thanks to all our wonderful people for stepping up and taking care of this.
    Get well soon, Debbie!!!!
    See ya'll at the parade.

Oh....are we meeting in the morning for breakfast again???? Is there a post for that somewhere that I may have missed???

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Dito

25. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh I am so glad that I read this. JM, get well and our prayers are with you. We will need directions to Sharon's home. Thank you Sharon for doing this. Our home would have been a bad place, since I have a bunch of cats. And nothing has been cleaned since my bout with the hoppital. Cleaned real well. So wonderful to hear that Minda is doing this. Thank you so much. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.