main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ***** 2007 IEFF CHRISTMAS PARTY *****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    you can put us down for being down with the part-tay!!! that would be me (HSF) and the wifey! we'll bring our mo - money for the food and i'll bring a couple of two liters of soda to pitch in as well. already got the gift in the bag for the exchange as well. we look forward to seeing all of you there. [face_dancing] [:D]

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yay! More peeps! [face_dancing]

3. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    People who are coming to the party... please bring a chair if you have one..those folding kind or something like that..If you don't that's ok too...I just want to make sure that there will be a place to sit for everyone. ]-}

4. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    Yay! My mom is going to be here too! =D=

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got coffee, hot chocolate mix, several flavors of creamer and I'll bring a 40 cup coffee, too.

I've got the money from JM that some people had already paid for the dinner. Those that haven't had a chance to pay, please remember to bring your $5 per person. Minda is putting out her own cash to finance this shin-dig and we need to be sure to get her.

The only "food" item we're asking everyone to bring is something to drink. A 12 pack of your favorite soda or water or something of that sort.

Sharon, if you haven't already heard from Minda, would you please call her. She's got a few questions about setting up and warming up some of the food.

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    what time do we show up???[face_thinking] :)

7. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    Yay! coffee and stuff! Thanx she called me today... :)

8. SyruSkywalker

Dec 6, 2005
    Jedifann77 had posted in the parade thread:
    We should be done with the parade by about 11:15, so by the time we get shuttled back to our vehicles and get out of post parade traffic, I'm guessing we'll be to the Skywalker's about noon.

9. JanDeis

JanDeis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2007
    :_| No! I wanted to go to this one! My parents are saying that I can't go because "I can't just go out and meet with weird people I meet on the internet." I am turning 17 at the end of the month, so maybe I can pull the "I'm about an adult now..." card on them. Hopefully I can make the January one!

10. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I understand where your parents are coming from, I'm a mom myself. Your parents are welcome to come to anything we have so they can meet us all. I joined for my 14 1/2 yr. old son. I like Star Wars, but he's the real fan. I just wanted something where he could make friends that shared his interest and that we could do together. We are all ages,from teens to 50's... we have entire families that come to events together, married couples, single young and older guys, women in their 40's. We have all age ranges, but everyone here is very responsible, with a wide variety of professions and more importantly very nice. We have rules in place, no alcohol at events etc., everything must be "family friendly" as we have minors in the group. I didn't know what to expect from doing something like this, but I was so very pleasantly surprised. We do charity events, go to movies etc. together and occasionally have a meeting at someone's house. If your parent's would feel safer coming to a meeting where we meet at a restaurant instead of someone's house, then maybe they won't feel so uncomfortable the first time meeting us. If you want to private message me, I can give you my cell number and I would be more than happy to speak with your parents if that would make them feel better...maybe they don't want to come to an event. Anything to help. They are just wanting to be cautious, which I know you don't appreciate a whole lot because you are almost 18, but I do understand their perspective. When you're a parent, you'll probably be the same way! lol. I would trust my son alone with group and if you knew me, that's really saying something!!

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    it was so nice to see you all there today.[face_dancing]

for all those who couldn't make it, well, we missed you! [:D]

i'll be posting pics later, so be on the lookout. :D

12. JanDeis

JanDeis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2007
    I guess that makes sense. And yes, I probably will end up with the same train of thought. Being a Star Wars fan has always been frowned upon by most of the people at school, or really anywhere in public for that matter! I had stumbled on the IEFF a while ago in a Google search or something. Once I got free access to the internet, I remembered and signed up. I was really looking forward to meeting people who shared my same interests, but then my parents are very protective about the internet and people that you can meet there. But if you could talk to them, that would be great! Keep an eye out for my PM!

13. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Good to see y'all yesterday!

Big Thanks to Sharron for opening up her home to everyone! =D=

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sharon, thank you so much for opening your beautiful home to all of us! It was a great place to hang out with everyone! Please thank your mom for all of her help, too!

Minda, thank you for the amazing food and all the time you put into buying, preparing and transporting it! I know it was a lot of work! Everything was yummy, especially the mac & cheese!

I think it was a fun evening for everyone, at least I had a blast! AaS, even though I razed you, it was nice to see you again. The gift exchange was fun and I love my little Vader lightsaber!

For me, it was really nice to have so many new and different people join us. We had quite a varied group. Here are the pix I took at the party. The pix from the parade are in the Parade thread.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Cool pics! *borrows* Hope you don't mind...;)

Hey...what happened to the 'mug shot'? :confused:

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda took the one with Jim turned sideways. The one with all of us should be there.

17. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Sorry it took a couple of days to post here. Things with my Mom have been difficult. I SOOO needed Saturday for me, thank you everyone!

Thank you Kari for organizing everything. It is always great hanging out with you. Everything was so fun. The food, the friends, and the conversation!=D= Anytime you need to talk! I'm so there Baby![:D]

Sharon! You so rock for letting us invade you home.And for letting some of stay well beyond our welcome without one complaint! PLEASE tell you Mom, Chris, That she completely rocks too! Helping with all of the prep and post work, watching my girls while I played taxi driver, and for not killing me for daring to complain about her precious Anakin, [face_laugh]

It was so nice to meet so many new people. I know I don't remember everyones names, but I'll catch up soon, I'm sure. It was also nice getting to know others of you better. I really do think I have found a good hang out. I think Joey (my husband) is melting a bit too and expressed an interest in attending an event too. I think that had to do with my explaination of Mike and Shelia, and, of course, he has met Kari, Shawn & Liane too so I think he is realizing that it is a crowd he might be comfortable with. [face_dancing]

Carrie, Thank you for the Christams card. It was my first on of the season! :)

And everyone, thank you for the kudos on the food. I was worried, but I think we pulled it off well. Thank you Kari for helping me with that and for all who brought drinks!

I know I am leaving someone and something out, but I am so exhausted with all that is happening at home. I apologize if I left out thanking you personally, please be understanding.
    I thank you all for a great day and I wish you all a healthy and happy holiday season!

Minda

18. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    It looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks again to Sharon and Minda and Kari for taking over for me. I'm finally starting to feel better today. Yeah!!!

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    JM that's the best news I've heard is awhile!!! Now, don't go and over do it just because you're feelin' a bit better. Keep resting as much as you can! [:D]

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    This is from LiAnakin:

Thanks jedifan77! I had a blast, and it was great getting to spend time with everybody and getting to know folks better. Obi-Shawn, thank you again for giving me a ride, and, it was fun stopping by Target in costume too...what a sight for those shoppers...Anakin and Obi Wan shopping for Star Wars toys. LOL! Minda, your catering was excellent, and, thank you again for cooking such delicious food for us all! (and, sending me home with a goodie bag of leftovers was most cool...thanks to you, Andrew and I had a late night feast fit for a king and his Jedi/Sith wife.) And to our gracious hostess...thank you again for welcoming us into your home and throwing such a fun party. And by the way, your Anakin/Star Wars Collection room is WAY COOL! (you waaaant to give me that talking stand-up of Vader...you waaaant to give me that talking stand-up of Vader...you waaaant to give me that talking stand-up of Vader...)

21. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Love the pics, Kari. We all had a great time. I am so glad you took pics. I must borrow.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Weren't we supposed to have a "meeting" at this party? I just thought about that. We at least need to decide when we're gonna meet in January?

What date works for ya'll? The first weekend is the only one I know I can't do. Also, the F&S event is that weekend.

23. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Nah, the party was all pleasure and no business.

But yeah, a January meeting can be arranged, unless of course we're all to busy at the sales! [face_hypnotized]

24. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am glad that it was all pleasure, and not business. Any time in January is good for us exempt the 5th. Looking forward to Frank and Son's.

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I have no idea what date would work for me. Even after we move, we've got months worth of work ahead of us fixing up that house. Not sure if I'll be at any more events until sometime around April. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.