main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 NFL Hall of Fame class

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Juliet316 , Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats to this year's Hall of Fame class=D=

And thus, the first of the Cowboy triplets to leave the field is the last one to join the Hall.

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Um, Emmitt isn't eligible for the Hall of Fame for three more seasons.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    For some reason I thought the eligibility rule was by passed for him and he was already in the hall.

Maybe I confused Emmitt for somebody else:confused:

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    No, they don't make exceptions for any player, or coach.

I believe the five year rule is just for players and coaches, though. Paul Tagliabue, the retired NFL commissioner was eligible the first year after he retired, so I'm not really sure what the precedence is for non-player/coach entries into the Hall.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm a bit disappointed in two snubs.

Derrek Thomas and Art Monk. I've been on the Art Monk bandwagon for years, and I don't understand what more he could have done in his career to prove himself Hall of Fame worthy. As for Thomas ... I don't know that I've ever seen a player dominate as thoroughly as he did on the field.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree Art Monk should have been there a long time ago.[face_frustrated]

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hmmm...... I know there was talk about making an exception for Reggie White when he died, and there was talk about putting Elway on the ballot right after he retired after his second Super Bowl, so I don't know.

8. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    While I think Art Monk should be in, I don't feel strongly at all about his candidacy. The guy had five 1000 yard seasons out of 16 career years and averaged just 4.25 a season. Those aren't very admirable statistics for a number one receiver.

He never, ever was a guy who would take a game over. Never. Quietly, he posted his numbers. I think from the numbers standpoint (retiring on top of all the categories and the 3 SB rings) he should be in, but as for everyone crying foul when Monk gets snubbed every year, I really don't think it's the snuff everyone makes it out to be. JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.