2007 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by big_boss_nass, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member

star 4
    I also posted this over at footballsfuture.com

Some Typos but my hands are freezing! With Cason, and Brohm staying in college, and the combine a while away, this is what I feel the draft would be like if it were to happen today. Feel free to pick this apart if you want.

Oakland:
    JaMarcus Russell (QB) Louisiana State
    Right now Russell seems to be the popular pick for the Raiders. Let's face it, the Raiders are terrible and Andrew Walter or Aaron Brooks are not the answer.

Detroit:
    Joe Thomas (OT) Wisconsin
    The Lions could possibly have one of the best offences in the league if they had a good line. With Kitna and McCown signed they have talent at the QB position. Now they just need to give their starting quarterbacks some time to make accurate throws. Thomas will allow them to do just that. It doesn't matter though because Millan will probably screw it up like always... Just like Dave Littlefield!

Cleveland:
    Adrian Peterson (RB) Oklahoma
    There are a ton of ways the Browns can go here. If Romeo gets his way this pick would be on the defensive side of the ball. Some people may argue that Droughns is a good back with many years left in him... IF, he can stay healthy. That's the problem though, he can not play a full season at 100% so Peterson is the choice here.

Tampa Bay:
    Calvin Johnson (WR) Georgia Tech
    It has been said many times before. Joey Galloway can't continue to play forever. Johnson will come in and make an immediate impact on the Offence.

Arizona:
    Gaines Adams (DT) Clemson
    Sure the Cardinals wanted Joe Thomas, but they are completly satisfied with taking Adams here. With Plenty of Offensive linemen in this draft, the Cardinals take the best defensive player off the board. LaRon Landry is also an option here for the Cardinals.

Washington:
    Alan Branch (DT) Michigan
    The Redskins take Branch here because their run defence was terrible last year. Branch is the second best DT in the draft behind Adams. The Redskins are hoping that Branch can come in and make an impact his rookie year. Secondary is also an option here but they fill their biggest need first.

Minnesota:
    Dwayne Jarrett (WR) Southern California
    This may be a bit high for Dwayne Jarrett, but the Vikings need a possession WR. Troy Williamson just has not cut it. They Vikings fill a major need here, but they can also trade down and pick up a WR in the second round.

Houston:
    LaRon Landry (FS) Louisiana State
    The Second LSU Player taken in the top 10. Landry is 6'2 and can lay the wood on any receiver coming over the middle. He will be a starter right off the bat because Houstons Defence is terrible. Reggie Nelson, or Leon Hall are also Possabilities here.

Miami:
    Brady Quinn (QB) Notre Dame
    Some may say that this is a bad pick for the Dolphins and it may be just that. However, with Culpepper future in Jeopardy, and Harrington proving that he's nothing more than a second string QB, the Dolphins select Quinn. Some may say he fell to far but I don't believe so.

Atlanta:
    Reggie Nelson (FS) Florida
    The Falcons are happy that one of the best free safties just fell to them in the draft. Their corner backs are arguably the best in the NFL, adding Nelson will possibly give them the best secondary.

San Fran:
    Leon Hall (CB) Michigan
    The 49ers are happy that Leon Hall fell to them. They have one of the most potent offences in the NFL now they start working on the opposite side of the ball. A top LB is also an option here, but there secondary is a more pressing need here.

Buffalo:
    Levi Brown (OT) Penn State
    This pains me to put Brown here instead of with the Steelers. Brown is a monster, and can open gaping holes for Willis, and will also protect Losman's blind side. This maybe be a little bit early for Brown now, however, after the combine I feel he will move up in the draft even more.

St. Louis
    Jamaal Anderson (DE) Arkansas
    The Rams had one of the worst run defences in the league so it's obvious what they need... DL. Quentin Moses, Jarvis Moss, and Lamaar Woodly are a
  2. Qonas Jedi Master

star 4
    1) Your pick assumes that the Lions front office actually knows what they are doing.
    2) All we (the Lions) will ever have is "possibly good". Players and coaches have a way of doing horribly here, then becoming stars elsewhere.
    3) Of course Millen is going to screw it up.
  3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Unless Joe Thomas moonlights as a potentially awesome Wideout, that is. ;)
  4. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    Gaines Adams will be good.
  5. TheLighterSide Jedi Master

star 4
    Go for Gaines Adams' knees. Legally, of course. That'll slow him down.

Seriously, though, it turns out Russell and Quinn were battling it out in the Sugar Bowl for the first overall pick. As bad as the Raiders are, Russell might actually be a pretty good pick for them. If they can give him a half-way decent coach.
  6. Specterace Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with the thought that the Raiders will pick Russell (or maybe Quinn). We need a franchise QB, and need one pronto (heck, we needed this franchise QB three years ago). Thing is, we also need a good, playmaking RB, a few good offensive linemen (like, a whole line's worth...), one or two more quality linebackers, and a good special teams player (kickoff/punt returner). We've got a great defense, and some good WR's who figure to play better with Shell gone. But we need to start rebuilding our offense through the draft if we're going to have a chance. Of course, I don't have much confidence in Al Davis' ability to make good picks in the draft anymore, and haven't for years...

Specterace
  7. EBSaints Jedi Master

star 6
    [link=http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/]Best NFL Draft Web site around[/link]
  8. SLR Jedi Knight

star 5
    The Eagles will never take a linebacker in the 1st round. Although any objective football analysis can see that they are weak at that position, the GM (Reid) and president (Joe Banner) put a low premium on linebackers. They do not believe in using high draft picks are signing big time free agents at that position.
  9. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    Samardzija withdraws from draft and signs with the Cubs
  10. EMPEROR_WINDU Jedi Master

star 5
    How does Russell go from being a mid first rounder to the top pick by having a singular great game against a media claimed abhorrent defense in Notre Dame?

Does anyone see the hypocrisy here or is it just me? I actually think the Browns are going to pick Quinn, I'm sure Weis and Crennel have been talking and Charlie Frye isn't the long term solution at QB. I do pray the Raiders select Russell though, because no one is going to prosper in that wacked out of an organization.
  11. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have a good feeling about next year, IF they draft Thomas or any good O-lineman. But yeah, what are the chances of Millen not drafting a WR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.