main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast 2007 NorthEast Fanforce Awards - In Pittsburgh again!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I know its early to announce the awards, however with C4 approaching, I figure I would let everyone know where the awards are for 2007 to help with everyones travel planning and budgeting.

I know there are a few chapters who are not planning on going to C4 so this would be a nice alternative get together :)

Pittsburgh Fanforce has graciously offered to host the awards again for us at the Pittsburgh comicon in Saturday april 28th 2007.

So mark your calendars! We had 8 chaters represented last year, would love to see at least 10!!!!

More details will be posted as I recieve them. However you can also check out the comicon thread here in this forum and also the comiconWebsite for more guests announcements.

If there is anything new or diff you would like to see at the awards please let me know. :)
    Always up for suggestions! :)

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I thought that the 2007 awards were to be in New Jersey?

What happened?

Was the location ever offered to any other chapters?

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Unfortunately, as you read it was asked about in the NJ forums, but since there was no response SWAP began planning.

While I too would love to see the awards ceremony move around more, the location is largely determined by willingness of volunteers and the added bonus of a sci-fi convention doesn't hurt attendance.

~Doc_Bev

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    as doc bev posted, we offered it to NJ. There is no longer an interest there to host it.

The location is largely determined by volunteers willing to plan and work the event and of course the convention as a draw to others. I dont know too many that are willing to drive out anywhere for just the awards.

However I will ask one more time out of fairness......... Does anyone else besides pittsburgh want to host the con?

It will involve alot of planning. Communication between the chapter and myself and securing a venue for us to host it.

So if anyone is serious about hosting it I will need to know asap.

If there is a con in your area and you would be able to do the above requirements, then please post your con dates and website information.
    We can post a poll if there are several who come forth. The deadline for this is Nov 30th.
    Its everyones awards so everyone has a say in where it is. So please post your thoughs.
    Thanks in advance for your support :)

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    for me any location would be good because I will not be able to attend since I am going to C4 next year and with my lil wookie cub scheduled to arrive soon (few weeks) so I am limiting my travels.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I just need to know soon so I can book that time off from work. I know another reason pittsburgh offered was because there were peopel not attending C4 and this would be a nice alternative for them :)

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    At last year's banquet, NJ said they were interested in hosting the 2007 awards. Which was just fine with us Pittsburgh folks, as organizing the banquet and the awards is alot of work, in addition to all the work we do for ComiCon. The idea of just showing up, eating, partying, and collecting our awards has a great deal of appeal.

However, as 2007 approached, NJ seemed to have lost some of their enthusiasm (perhaps they sobered up [face_mischief] ). Since Pittsburgh was planning to once more organize several SW related events at the Pittsburgh ComiCon in April (shameless plug) we told Strawbary that we would be happy to host again this year, if no one else was interested.

Pittsburgh is happy to host the NE FanForce awards. We will also be perfectly fine with it if another FanForce wishes to take responsibility for hosting it.:D

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    up'ing this to remind everyone the deadline is tomorrow so if anyone wants to see it anywhere else besides pittsburgh now would be the time to say so ;)

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok the deadline has come and gone and I havent heard from anyone regarding changing the venue for the awards...

sooooooooooooooooooooo....

Looks like your stuck with the awards again in 2007 Pittsburgh!!! muwahaahahahahahahha [face_devil]

Yeeehhaaw!!!!!

10. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    woo hoo I'm going to comicon anyway. so, I want the reward for most interest till we started up award. LOL!!!!

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.