main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast 2007 NorthEast FanForce Awards ? Official Category and Rules Info Thread -- updated 4-8-07

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Strawbary asked me to help out with information threads and reminders for this event. I figured the first thing I should do is make a master info thread so that you can find all the details you need in one place.

The 3rd Annual NorthEast FanForce Awards Ceremony
    will once again be taking place in conjunction with Pittsburgh Comicon on Saturday April 28th, 2007.
    Exact time and if there will be a dinner again are still TBD.

Pittsburgh Comicon will be taking place in Monroeville, PA from April 27th-29th, 2007.
    The Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh (SWAP) has once again volunteered to host this event as well as coordinate fan activites at the con itself. Click here to see the planning thread for the convention fan table, Star Wars panels and more.

Award Categories
    Here are the categories/awards that all chapters in the NE will be judged on:

C-3P0 award - This award will go to the chapter who has the most active forum on the FF boards (i.e. most talkative).

R2-D2 Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best website.

Chewie Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best fan film. This will be viewers choice. The voting will be up to the members in the NE region. Please PM strawbary a link to your fan film where it can be viewed so I can link that to the boards once this is announced on FF.

Luke Award - This award goes to the chapter who has grown not only in numbers (i.e. member count) but has also shown an overall improvement in their group as a whole.

Padme Award - This award goes to best Chapter Rep in the Region. This CR must show strong leadership skills and overall great communication amongst their chapter and is an active voice with FF.

Leia Award - This award goes to the chapter who has been actively involved in charity events within their own community and has contributed to their chapter hometown in some way.

Queen Amidala Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best costumes overall as a group. In order to compete for this you will need to submit a group costumed photo. That photo can be sent to fanforceawards@yahoo.net.

Vader Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best forum banner.

Yoda Award - Our highest award is a service award. This will go to the chapter/person in the NE region who has shown exceptional dedication to their love of Star Wars and has consistently contributed in the FF community in some way.

HanSolo Award Fanfiction Award. This is a NEW category this year. This is Original Fanfiction written by a Fanforce Member. You must be a verified Member of a NE Chapter to submit an entry. See details on specific rules on post below.

There may be other awards as well. For example in the past there have been the Liaison and Mon Mothma Awards. The Liaison award was awarded to someone who endeavors to bridge the gap between FanForce and other SW organizations. And, the Mon Mothma award was awarded to an outstanding event planner.

Rules:

1. Anyone can nominate a chapter/person in the NE region for a specified award. Those nominations will be taken into consideration by the G/RSAs when they vote.
    2. All awards will be voted upon by FF GSA's/RSA's with the exception of the Chewie (fan film) Award. That is viewer?s choice.
    3. ALL NOMINATIONS AND VOTES MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA PM to strawbary.
    Please do not post your votes or nominations on the boards. We would like to keep this a surprise for the awards.
    4. Deadline for group photo submissions is Wednesday February 28th. Deadline for all other nominations is Friday March 16th. All nominees will be announced at the awards ceremony.

Fan Film & Slideshow Submiss

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Strawbary has asked me to take charge of the fan fiction catagory. Rules are as follows:

• Fics must conform to TF.N rules about fanfic, which can be found here.

• Fics must be emailed to NYCitygurl at nycitygurl08@yahoo.com as a Word document attachment by March 15.

• Fics should not be more than 10,000 words in length.

• Fics must be original to the author, who must credit any other person from whom the fic author has borrowed material.

• Fics may have been previously posted on the internet. A fic does not have to have been written with the past year.

• Authors must be a member of a North East Region FanForce. When the fic is submitted, the author must include which NE Fanforce she/he belongs to and their screenname.

• Fics will be judged by RSAs and a panel of FanFiction moderators.

• Fics will be posted on the North East Region discussion board.

• Please only submit one fic.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here in the thread or PM me.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder: today is the deadline to submit nominations to fanforceawards@yahoo.com for the various award categories.

Also, note that the submission date for fan films has changed from Feb 28th to March 31st. I apologize for not being able to correct that in the main post above.

~Doc_Bev

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If you do not have a figure to donate but would like to make a monetary donation to help support the Fanforce awards, You can send a donation via Paypal to Fanforceawards@yahoo.com

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder - just a few days left to get in those nominations!

~Doc_Bev

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Have the nominations been finalized yet?

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    nothing is released until the week of the awards and no nomnations are not final right now because voting is currently underway ;)

8. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the update!

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Good Luck everyone!
    Have fun and the con and the awards ceremony!

~Doc_Bev

10. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Trust me... We will! ;)

11. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    ...And we did! Thanks for everything guys! I had a blast as usual! =D=

12. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006