main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA 2007 Pittsburgh Comicon planning thread PLEASE READ UPDATED

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I agree, we need to include some new stuff, not just the same old thing, which is why I'm starting looking now. any ideas would be hot.

although I do think we should keep 'costuming' and having Arnie and Marjorie come back again to discuss collecting. And I want to have fanfilm panels again. I'd like to ask back Brian Parker and there's another guy I know who is willing to do it (he's would be different because he can talk about copyright issues, both dealing with putting copyrighted material into films and getting a copyright)

Some other panels I'm thinking about
    Planning Your Star Wars Wedding

Star Wars Arts and Crafts (Ideas and examples of such things as t-shirts, jewlery, quilts, hand-bags, and kids' activities)

Robotics: Science Fiction and Science Fact (I'm going to contact CMU robotics department and/or the Science Center)

Costume Prostetics (I'm thinking the Klingons we met on Sunday would be great for doing this panel)

Star Wars V. Star Trek (again, co-hosting with the Trekkies) Examining the difference in the fandoms and exploring does the rivalry really exist (okay, this idea was stolen from that tv show we were on a while ago, but hey, we were the guests on it so why can we continue the discussion elsewhere)

Creating custom figures (if I can find someone to host)

Other ideas are most welcome!

2. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Judging by attendance this year, I think ONE costume panel is enough. IMHO, the Klingons would be welcome to participate with a "prosthetics" portion, and I also have the ears ;) . In the possible absence of the 501st again, they could also talk about other aspects like metal working, etc.

We were heavy on fabric and leather working, but light on makeup and armor, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.