main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast 2007 Pittsburgh Comicon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh (come visit us over on the Pittsburgh boards :) ) is starting to plan for the April 2007 Pittsburgh Comicon. There will be many SW activities! We are going to have even more than we did last year! For folks that can't make the trip out to LA in May, the April ComiCon would make a nice alternative. (Smaller, yes, but still a chance to get together with you fellow SW fans) For folks who are going to LA, the Pittsburgh ComiCon would be an excellent warm up event :D

So far, we have six tenatively scheduled panels (Costumes, Collecting, Podcasting, Custom figures, Tragedy of SW, Basics of fanfilms). There will be a newly added SW catagory in the Costume Contest on Sunday. We are hoping to sponsor a few other SW related contest (more to come on this). There will be SW artists and SW Celebs (soon to be announced). Friday and Saturday nights there will be socials for SW fans.

If anyone is interested in helping out with this, or is willing to do a panel, please contact me.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I've got this con marked on my calendar! Hopefully we'll be able to make it down again, depends on how many other cons/trips we have going on next year.

~Doc_Bev

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I had an awesome time at this years, I hope to make it out for 2007.

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    there has been some discussion on having the FF awards there again.
    How does everyone feel about having it there again?

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I would like to attend since I missed last year, but unfortunately had/have to choose between this and C4. If a child wasn't in the near future for me I think I could have done both.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I am hoping we can get enough interest at this con again we can try to get discounts on the rooms this year. It would be nice to make this an affordable trip for everyone so it doesnt conflict financially with those going to C4.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I can't speak for everyone else, but it was a cheap alternative for me, espcially since I won't be making it out to C4.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was able to get a great deal on my room last time, perhaps this time we can block a floor if we had anough interest.
    Even then, the con isnt an expensive one and dinner wasnt badly priced for saturday either. So overall the weekend was pretty cheap for me compared to other cons.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh isn't exactly a high priced town. :)

SWAP is working hard to expand the activities for the weekend. The nice folks at www.swactionnews.com A Star Wars collecting podcast site, are going to do several panels on collecting and a panel on podcasting. We're going to have at least one (perhaps two) panels on making fanfilms. At least one (perhaps two) panels on costuming (the second would be costuming for kids).

Lots of other things are in the works!

10. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    What are the dates for this again? depending on my money situation, I may be able to swing this & C4

11. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
  12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    greencat, can we work on haing a kids area for the con? kids room type thing? We can put the FF banner in there and have a ton of SW kids activities :)

LEt me know

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Fluke is working on putting together a kids room, although likely it will only be for a few hours on one day (just because we have limited people to supervise it). We'll have some SW arts and crafts, and folks in costume to interact with the kids.

At least, that's what's planned :D

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey girly ;) sorry I had to hang up on you today I had just walked in the con when u called. Give me a call anytime this week. I am happy to go over everything you need to know. I think a few hours or a specified time for the room should be fine. I dont mind working in the room most of the day. Let me know what time frame you had in mind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.