Richmond,VA 2008 Calendar

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utinnigirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have thought of a couple of ideas for some family events for this year:

Feburary- almost over
    March- Laser tag (Danny suggested)
    April- bowling (my suggestion)
    May-
    June-
    July-
    August-
    September-
    October-
    November-
    December-

My ideas were go-karting, ice skating, haunted hayride, and of course we have an end of the summer party and a holiday party. Are there anymor eideas people have so we can fillup the calendar? The only request I have is if you come up with the idea then you make it happen. If you need help for the group that is cool too.
  2. utinnigirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Please remember that the family events will not be taking place of our third Tuesday monthly meetings.
  3. CueTheMassacre Jedi Knight

Once the weather warms up we can always go to Maymont and have a picnic. I know Tony and I have been dying to toy around with Dragonflies and RC helicopters and such, and I'm pretty sure Joe could use any excuse to be around you, so it would be perfect!

I still want to have a Rock Band night and crown the kings of their perspective instruments, dunno how family friendly that would be though.

4. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great idea, Ryan - except for the part about Joe being with Aimee.

Maymount would be a great place to get together. Late May or sometime in June? Weekend or weekday.
  5. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Camping! We talked about it last year but we never did it. Aimee, there is room in my tent for you.
  6. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hilarious... :rolleyes:
  7. utinnigirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tony I am so glad to see that you are finally finding the humor in my relationship with Joe ;)
  8. shabad Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm all for camping.
  9. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    The above blue stuff sounds good to me
    How about a day trip to the mountains to go apple picking in the fall....Randy and I have been meaning to take the kids, and the more the merrier[face_dancing]
  10. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Tracey and I have been going apple picking every year since we met. We go out to Carters Mountain now in Charlottesville (or is that the greater Charlottesville area...). Great fun.
  11. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good suggestions all, here's mine.....a trip to Kings Dominion, a trip to DC to go to the Zoo, a trip to DC to go to the Air & Space Museum, Natural History, heck the Mall in general, rollerskating!
  12. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    How about doing some CW Battlefield Tours?
  13. RED5IVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    There's going to be a CIVIL WAR reenactment May 3rd and 4th here in Spotsylvania. It's going to be pretty big. People from all over the country come to participate. They held one in 2004 and it was huge. From what I heard so far, it will be held at the Belvedere plantation again this year.
    Our Parks & Rec. dept put it on. I work for them so I might be able to get free tickets.

14. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never done anything Civil-Warish yet, being a yankee and all.
  15. utinnigirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    All the ideas sound great, but it is up to you guys to make it happen. If you want to take an interest poll feel free. If you are doing something that you think we all would enjoy you are welcome to post info about it and then as it get closer ask who is attending....however you want to handle the event is up to you.
  16. CueTheMassacre Jedi Knight

Joe you don't have to beat around the bush, I would love to go "apple picking" with you. In fact, i'm sure that Tony would love to go "apple picking" with us as well. Wow let me tell you, I just love "apple picking"!

Any euphemisms you may have perceived in the previous statement are truly yours and yours alone. no lewd references were wished into the minds of the readers by the writer himself or any of his affiliates or sponsors.
  17. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Red5 can you post more about the re-enactment as it gets closer. I love going to those things and throughout the years have visited many across the state. I want to be a civil war re-enactor but I dont know anyone whose in it. Wish I did though.
  18. RED5IVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Troy,Spotsylvania is putting on the 145th Battle of Chancellorsville on May 4-5,2008
    Here you can find more info at www.spotsylvania.org

If we get enough interest we could make this the May outing for the calander.
  19. madmann883 Jedi Padawan

what about the Richmond Highland Games and Celtic Festival in the fall? you get to see big guys throwing stuff!
  20. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Already saw enough of that when I helped James move his stuff out of his old house...
  21. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    When are they?
  22. madmann883 Jedi Padawan

they are october 25th and 26th. a little ways off but just a thought i had.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.