main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon 2008 Charity work

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Colt1326, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt1326

Colt1326 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    Another thing I had in mind for the OFF this coming year not only to help us become active, but to help others in need. I believe we should do charity work. this spring and summer. And not just one thing. I mean multiple of things. I'm talking about raising money to donate to maybe St. Judes hospital, things like that. Another charity think I think we should do is not necessarily charity but community work. Maybe cleaning up a highway. Or all of us going to give blood together at the red cross, things like this. I think we should make a list of things we want to do to help around here in Oregon, and then go through with each and everyone over the spring and summer. We make a plan for each idea and go through with it.

This will help us get our name out there. And help us band together stronger as a community.

I also think we should make an official OFF community T-shirt for all of us to help get our name out around Oregon. The shirt we can wear to all functions we do for community work.

2. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    Okay, so here is an idea for shirts for us if we decide that we want to do this or not

Front:

[image=http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/BloodyHell_07/Front.jpg]

It says, The OFF, heart, and then it says Operation: CR

Back:

[image=http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/BloodyHell_07/Back.jpg]

This says: Star Wars, The OFF, The Oregon Fan Force, Operation: Community Rehabilitation

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    like the back. [face_peace] not so much the front. [face_thinking]

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    We do have an actual logo for the Oregon Fanforce:
    [image=http://www.freak23.com/jedi/OFF_shirt.gif]

... and I'd be happy to provide the artwork.

No, onto the other topic here: charity work. I like the idea of working with charities. When we did that film festival last year the whole goal was to have show people somthing cool while accepting donations for the Oregon Food Bank. With the 501st and DST, both groups focus a lot of energy into their respective charities.

That being said, I think that with it being so difficult to get members together just to hang out, I'd hesitate from doing community service like roadside cleanup. Perhaps we should focus on one local charity and have a couple of events geared specifically towards helping that charity in 2008?

-Kyle

5. Colt1326

Nov 3, 2007
    That can work as well. Spring is coming, one major thing we can do is a car wash. donations too charity. But before that we have to figure out which charity that we want to work on. We can also help with the Oregon food bank again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.