main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 2008 Chicago Force Summer BBQ + July Beer Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dex_Luminara, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Alright everybody, here's the date you've all been waiting to find out about. This years annual CF Summer BBQ will be held on Saturday July 12th. As a bonus we will be combining it with the Beer Club's July meeting! So for members of our ever expanding Beer Club be sure and bring a sixer of something summery for show and tell!

This years BBQ will be held at :

Centennial Park in Orland Park, IL.
    Centennial Park Website -- Directions, info, etc.

The facilities have built in bean bag games, and we are mere paces from the lake with a pier right next to our BBQ gazebo. There are also bike paths, baseball diamonds, an aquatic center, etc. WE will also have our usual slew of games/entertainment.

Feel free to come any time of day you wish. This park doesn't require permits for picnics, only that we stake claim to our spot, so a few of us will be arriving early on the day of to "plant our flag" so to speak. But I expect most of our members will begin arriving anytime after 2-3 pm. The park is extremely easy to get to, being only a few blocks from Lagrange Rd, and Orland Mall with plenty of bus activity in the vicinity. We will be setting up in Picnic Area #3, which is at the end of Fun Drive on the left. We're just to the left of the baseball diamonds. More precise directions can be found in the link above.

All I ask is that for those of you car-pooling with other CF'ers please be considerate enough to inform them if you have a specific time that you must return. It's not fair to automatically expect other people to serve your scheduling needs and deny themselves the enjoyment of hanging with friends for an evening! WORK IT OUT IN ADVANCE, NOT THE DAY OF!!!

Please use the BBQ listing on the CF Holonet to inform us of what foods/snacks/drinks/supplies you'll be bringing, to avoid any potato chip avalanches or dry mouth palettes.

Hope to see you all there...It's gonna be a great time!!!!

2. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    I am hopeful to attend this:)

well, for a little while at least.

All depends on how my days off are changed at work.

Ed

3. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    Alright, now you're working too hard to ensnare me...
    a movie in my favorite brew-n-view,
    and then a picnic in my back-yard?
    How am I supposed to stay home and play with my kids?

I know a cult when I read about one...o_O

4. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Lionel and I will be there with Portabello mushrooms to grill unless someone objects...

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    You want this, don't you?

Emperor quotes aside, I will be there for the BBQ... and I may even have some beer to share!

6. Vinylcapedjawa

Vinylcapedjawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    Unfortunately I have a trial I have to litigate a few days after that so I will probably be prepping on that weekend. I hope everyone has fun though. Hope I can attend the next beer club.

7. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    I totally plan on coming to this. I'm really excited, the BBQs are always a lot of fun.

8. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I hope to be there. I might be racing that weekend but will do my best to get back down in time for the BBQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.