main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA 2008 Events and Meetings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    For lunch?

2. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    So what is the concesus.....RCD on the 15th at 7:30?
    I just want to make sure my sched is clear and such so that I can finally join you all at a meeting.[face_dancing]

3. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Well it seems that Tony and Aimee are wanting RCD. Out of my suggestions my first choice would be Kuba Kuba. Anyone else throwing in a vote?

Joel, I am just happy that you are able to make it to a meeting.=D=

4. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I haven't been to either place in ages, whichever is best to accommodate a good number of us and allows us to hang out without the hassle of both noise and getting in the way of regular customers. A long thin table blows I think so if we could have a round table or a collection of tables it would be better. Busy places can also be probamatic as we are more likely to be turned out earlier and will have a harder time hearing each other.

I think we should be more concerned with the seating arrangements and our impact on the establishment than the food. We should think of this as a gathering place with refreshments rather than dinning out together. IMO! :D

5. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Paul would most likely be able to join us if it's in walking distance of the Bottom as I believe his car is still not running. I'll call him today to get his input.

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Luke is wise as always.

RCD has the background music but I don't think that would be to much a problem. I would say just give the folks a call and see if they can take us. It's not that big a deal.

7. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Ok, it is RCD at 7:30 next Tuesday. I would like to know who might be caoming so I can call ahead about the seating.

8. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    http://www.enterit.com/RiverCityDiner9418/

Hey Aimee - The meetings are normally 7:00PM...

9. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Whoops!!! I meant to say 7pm. Okay meeting is next Tuesday the 15th at River City Diner at 7pm...thanks Tony

10. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    As I said before....I will be there[face_dancing]

11. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Jean and I will be there!
    Thanks for the reminder of 7pm not 7:30pm too!

(Now..should we tell our normally late folks to be there at 6:30pm??)

12. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I will only be coming if Julie can come too. And as of right now that is still a maybe.

13. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    I'll be there, all by my lonesome. Someone better comfort me *winks at Joe*

14. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    I'll be there.

15. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Since Aimee is at work, I'm posting this for her... Aimee called RCD and they have an area reserved for us, but it's just that...an area. They do not have a table big enough for all of us, but they can put us all near eachother....

Is that going to be ok or does someone else have an idea?

I (and Aimee) have no idea what's downtown and what will work for our group... so we need some ideas if that's not cool with everyone else.

16. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Paul has no phone and no internet otherwise I would refer to him as he knows everything down there. Paul you need to get something so we can stay it touch with you!!

There's the coffee shop in the slip that has soup and snacks I think. Can't reserve a spot there though. We need a scouting mission, I'll volunteer but I can't do it today which would be ideal. Can you be more specific about "area" at RCD is it all booths? Sounds like it and that would be a little weird.

At the very least we can say the place will be downtown in Shockoe Bottom or the Slip and details will follow?

17. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Luke I think that sounds good. I do not have time to post as mucha s I would like at this time but I will be adressing the issue more when I get home tonight. Tony will be keeping me updated on the post made while I am at work.

18. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    what about 3rd street diner?
    they have an upstairs balcony with seating that they can pull tables together.
    And I just called there while I was typing and they have reserved us the upstairs and closed it off to just us. I gave them a number of 15 people just as a starting point, for 7pm this coming Tuesday

What does everyone think of that? Aimee, you can call me on my cell number if you need to. I will PM it to you

19. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Count me in man! I'll definitely come out to play. Havent been out to eat in the city in ages. Nail down the place this weekend if ya can and I'll check back in Monday for sure. Also, where ever we go, can we get an address for directions or info on where to park. It all sounds cool to me.

20. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007

21. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    I have bad memories of 3rd street diner! *cries*

22. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    So that means you want to go back again? :)

23. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    You just enjoy me emotional suffering, you curr! That's fine though, I'll go; but it's your fault if I need therapy!

24. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Me too, from last December...

25. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Ryan and Luke are those post objections or are you still open to trying it again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.