main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA 2008 Events and Meetings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Bring it old man! I'll just push you down some steps! :p

2. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Following the rotation our next meeting is in the west end, I guess that includes short pump, insbrook, etc. If anyone knows a good place speak up. Keep in mind that it does not have to be a place to eat; bookshops, coffee shops and the like are also good ideas.

3. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    West End = Sushi Go Around!!!!!

I doubt everyone here likes Sushi though, plus it's kinda small. We could hit up Capital Alehouse and see who the beer snobs are! We could always go to Tony's favorite place, Super King Buffet!

4. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    How about the Short Pump Mall food court? Lots of space, lot's of choice, not expensive...

5. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Food courts are a good idea, lots o'room and lots o'choices. I do like Super King Buffet though, although its pricey.

6. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    That's a great idea!

Yeah, I used to like Super King (they are crazy expensive though).

7. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Dang! Why didn't we think of the Food Court idea before? That's AWESOME!!!

You can get fries from great Steak and Fry, and some General's Chicken, and a taco... Oh the choices are endless. YAY!!!

Capitol Ale house is a LOT of fun but if we had a larger group would there be a place for us?

I said it last year and I will say it this year. While I agree that a food related place is not necessary, I think that the "dinner" thing really helps make everyone comfortable. Just one of them deals, and I ain't saying that just because I like to go out to eat. ;)

8. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Luke the food court idea is great....we should have thought of that before now....so is this a go with everyone?

9. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Shortpump... I have NO idea where that is O_O

10. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Ashley I am sure that we can get you there, not me personally bc I stinks at giving directions but we will get you there somwhow.

11. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    It's just a fancy name for the west end of Richmond...

11800 West Broad Street
    Richmond, VA 23233

That's the address to Short Pump Town Center (mall).

12. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    Why even bother giving her directions? Just tell her to look for the snobbiest thing she can find that looks like a mall and she's there!..... actually she'd be at Stony Point, but still! I don't mind the food court idea, especially since I'm sure with our usual loudness and show-and-tell....ness...... that we'd get a lot of attention, and MAN do I love attention!

Oh and just so everyone knows, I'm turning into one of those armor snobs like "that guy" (not naming any names here) with the republic commando armor =(

I blame "him" for this.....

13. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Brilliant! (Insert Guiness commercial here)

The Food court is a great idea, shouldn't be a problem with space.
    Bringing weapons/props however for "show and tell" might be an issue.
    Definately a great idea!

14. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey Ashley, it is the same spot you did your Officer's costume at for the ASK Walk.

15. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Tony, for a local you don't know S#!T about Richmond.

Short Pump was a small town before the Goochland County Line. It was most famous for the Garage with the Cessna crashed in to the roof at the corner of Broad and Pump Rd. There was also the kick @$$ burger joint that had this "Mammoth Burger". Nowadays it is just a another wasted piece of land that buttheads insisted on developing because people are too lazy to drive more then 2 miles anywhere.

16. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Maybe that's what it USED to be...but not anymore. Fine, it's a fancy and historical name for part of the west end of Richmond... :rolleyes:

Sorry - I am not a person that identifies with where I grew up. Everything I needed was in Mechanicsville - no need for the city or any other part of Richmond.

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    [face_laugh] It'll be alrite. We'll learn ya someday. :cool:

18. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, I cant believe Tony has such limited knowledge about history & folklore around here. I was out at the Watts House yesterday over at Gaines Mill walking the trails for a little peace. Now I know you know all about that area!
    Why O Why have we not done a food court before? There's a mall on each side of town and they're easily accessible by interstate. Luke, you're brilliant for a guy that wears glasses. Simply superb!
    Yes, we must now hold meetings at these places. Ample space, Ample choice and who knows, maybe someone will see us and wanna join. We gotta do some food courts. Short Pump, Virginia Center Commons, Chesterfield Mall, Southpark Mall. man that makes it easy.

19. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Yep - those were my stopping grounds! I used to walk from my parents house thru the woods to Gaines Mill (the actual Mill house) all the time.

20. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    What's Gaines Mill? I thought that was Troys kitchen wheat grinding appliance.

21. GreyPauldron

GreyPauldron Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    So let me see if I got this right, we're meeting Feb. 19th at the Gaines Mill Food Court in Goochland next to the garage with a cessna in the roof that serves mammoth burgers in mechanicsville? I'm There!!

22. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Yep, Lee - you go there... And the rest of us will meet at the Short Pump Town Center Mall's food court on Feb. 19th!

BRING SHOW 'N' TELL and CANNED GOODS!

23. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    Can I bring the canned laughter that we'll need for any jokes you're thinking of telling? (I love you too!)

This was probably the worst attempt at a joke ever......

24. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    :rolleyes: Yep, pretty much.

25. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Ohhhhhhh Right. Ok. I had blocked that day out of my mind(i looked so friggin fat!)

I'm pretty sure i'll be there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.