main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive 2008 Fan Art Holiday Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    With the holidays approaching, I thought it would be a fun idea to try something new. This will be taking the place of the traditional December Art Challenge. Of course, if you're still interested in having a December challenge, please head over to the Official Fan Art Challenge thread and express your interest. :)

[color=red][b]Welcome to the First Annual Fan Art Gift Exchange![/b][/color]

With the holidays approaching, we all know it's that time of year again to find the perfect gift for friends and loved ones. Why not expand that holiday cheer to include the boards and give someone the gift of art? This will work very similar to a Secret Santa gift exchange but instead of picking anything, you will be exchanging a piece of fan art.

[color=red][b]How to Participate:[/b][/color]

Add your name to the list below and be sure to express your interests(characters, scenes, vehicles) to help your match come up with the perfect gift.

Example:

1. skywalker_fan1138 - Luke Skywalker, Jedi, The Battle of Yavin

Once everyone has signed up, I will randomly match you up with someone else on the list and PM you their information. Your job is then to create a piece of original fan art based on the information they provided. Starting December 24th, I will create a separate thread for everyone to post their completed gifts and exchange holiday wishes.

Please copy and paste the list below and add your name to the next available space. Feel free to add more spaces if you run out of room:

[color=red][b]Deadlines:[/b][/color]

Since we are running behind schedule with December starting on Monday, I will give everyone a week for sign-ups. Please sign up by [b]Wednesday, December 3rd at midnight board time.[/b] I will then put the matches together and have them in your PM boxes no later than [b]December 4th[/b].

The final thread will then be posted on Christmas Eve, [b]December 24th[/b] but you will have until [b]January 1st[/b] to complete your gift and post it in the thread.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask! And remember, have fun! :)

2. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    I'll be first to sign up ^__^

1. Kiyuuchan - Han Solo/Jacen/Anakin Solo/Jag [face_mischief]

Even if at the moment you have not time to do proper art, a little sketch is nice ^__^

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    2. Earlybird-obi-wan Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am in, princess, er Han!

[face_blush]

3. AzureAngel2: Ben, Yoda & Qui-Gon

5. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    So the art just gets posted in the thread then?
    No need to try and physically deliver it?

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As of right now, that's how it's going to work. The thread to post the artwork in will be created on Christmas Eve. If there's an overpowering need to physically send out the artwork to the recipient, then I can easily change that around. I just didn't think anyone wanted the hassle of swapping addresses and paying for shipping and stuff like that. But I could be wrong. Thoughts on that?

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I totally agree to that. I am not always able to give somebody a present in person like I gave my husband this Vader for the Dutch Sinterklaas feast in December 2005:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/DarthVader.jpg]

It was very complicated to get this one here to Darth_Gangrenous:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Paintingstudio3.jpg]

It went via a Christmas parcel from MsLanna.

And sometimes, when you give a painting to somebody that is to pass it on and then they break up, you are afraid to ask what did happen to it. Like with this one:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/TyrannusversusYoda.jpg]

Or you simply hold your breath when you sent an SW book like this one to the US until it reaches it final destination:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P9070291.jpg]

The home of Earwen_Lightrider.

So, I get you, Han. And I agree that your idea is best.

I actually pay a lot of money to sent my presents away... but dear friends and good aquantances are worth it.

8. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I agree with that, it just wasn't clear to me.

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I know the deadline was set at last night at midnight, but I was hoping to get a better turn out than this. Anyone else interested? I will be willing to make an exception.

And here is the list so far:

1. Kiyuuchan - Han Solo/Jacen/Anakin Solo/Jag
    2. Earlybird-obi-wan Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon
    3. AzureAngel2: Ben, Yoda & Qui-Gon

10. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Should we still do it? I'm willing to but did hope for a better turn out also :(

This christmas everyone is busy maybe?

11. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I would love to, but I can't guarantee the time commitment currently.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No worries, GIMER, I completely understand. :)

I would really love to give it a try, even if we end up only having so little people. I'm going to give this a little more time and wait until Monday at midnight board time for the final deadline. However many people we have participating at that point, we'll just go along with and make due. I will then send the PMs out with your matches right at midnight to make up for lost time. Hopefully we'll have some more people by that point.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the matches were sent out tonight. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

With that said, I would be willing to make an exception for anyone wanting to get into this late. You have until January 1st to get your gift completed, so if anyone decides that they want to participate later on, please post up in this thread and let me know. I'll try to accommodate you. :)

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yah, I am still on it! Thanks for the PM.

15. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I started mine ^__^ *is excited to show[face_mischief]*

can we post it in here anytime?

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great to hear! :)

I will be creating a separate thread on Christmas Eve to post the artwork in. So, it would be great if you could hold onto it until then.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @};-

Request granted!

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh no!

I was gonna create a new thread to post all the gifts in.

Azure, would it be possible to edit the image out and repost it into the other thread once it's created?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.