2008 Figures - Wave 1 Revealed

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Head over to Rebelscum to see the first figures for 2008. They include Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Clone Commander Gree, Kashyyyk Trooper, Tri-Droid, 2-1B, Po Nudo, & Mustafar Panning Droid, plus returning "favorites" Anakin Skywalker, 2 different Clone Troopers, and Jango Fett!

The estimate arrival month on Entertainment Earth is February 2008.
  2. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    I really like a lot of these, but most of all 2-1B! I think I'll now consciously collect the TAC figures that have a vintage counterpart. I actually found out I have a lot of those vintage/modern versions, so I might as well make that a focus too!
  3. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I never thought they'd get around to making a new 2-1B. Maybe it's because of the iconography of the end scene from 'The Empire strikes back' and replacing Luke's hand, but 2-1B has always been one of my favorite droids.
  4. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    2-1B? Yes! Now he can "work" on my Bespin Luke w/ detachable right hand. [face_laugh]

Seriously, that's cool. But where are new individual non Boussh Leias? :( :p
  5. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good call, I'd definitely like to see a revamped Bespin Gown Leia and a Hoth Outfit one.
  6. The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope that they will make more of the "girls". :) Padme in any of her gowns (now that we have the Fireplace dress from AotC), and Leia in the Bespin overcoat/dress.
  7. PinkSkywalker Jedi Padawan

I didnt see any Luke Skywalkers?
  8. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I really like the amount of detail put into these. It looks as if they have tried really hard with some of these figures. The shirtless Anakin is pretty impressive
  9. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh, if you're looking for "girls," there are a couple of female mandalorians in the big EE figure packs.

OK, so they're in full helmets that probablly don't come off...

Technically, they're still female.
  10. snarf5181 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, their helmets do come off. All those Mandalorians have removable helmets. Would've been cool if the Republic Commandos did too, but we can't have everything.
  11. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
  12. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Sweet! Obi in clone armor! [face_dancing]

That Snowbunny Padme better have a decent sculpt. :mad:

More comic packs! =D=

Anakin/Durge & Ventress/Tol Skorr

The scuba clone looks interesting as well.
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Cool, looking forward to the clone heavy gunner, and the General OB1.
  14. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Yay! More Repaint Clones! The One with the poncho is cool. Finally! Obi Wan in Clone Armor.
  15. urbnns Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay everyone, here's a heads up.

The Kashyyyk Trooper in Wave 1 of 2008 is terrible (in my opinion). The first and foremost major flaw is that this guy is a midget compared to the rest of my clone troopers. I don't know how in the heck Hasbro missed that very important detail. The second flaw is that everyone I have seen does not have the left side of the eye shield part of the helmet painted correctly. Of course, I could have lived with the horrible paint job if not for flaw #1, but it still sucks that Hasbro continues to put this kind of crappy product out on the market.

Well, I guess I can thank them for one thing. You see, I had plans to buy a butt-load of these troopers for my army. But thanks to these flaws, Hasbro has saved me the time and trouble. The figure is completely worthless to me, and I won't be buying any of them.

Trust me when I say, if you are an army builder YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED with this one out of the package.
  16. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    What about us non-army builders? Will we be disappointed?
  17. urbnns Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you pretend it's Padme dressed in a clone uniform, you might be alright. Of course, the clone face underneath the lift mask might pose a problem for that strategy.

If you stand him next to any other clones, you're not going to like it.
  18. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, any of the Wave 1 figures been seen in Texas, yet? Is there a case UPC, or whatever they're called, out yet? That way I can start asking.
  19. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I picked up Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader on Sunday at Walmart.
  20. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    I found Obi-Wan Kenobi last night at Wal-Mart, only one left out of the whole 2008 wave setup they have. But, it's started at least. Been a good week, over the weekend I finally found Lando in Smuggler gear too.
  21. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I actually found some of that wave a few days ago, along with the final '07 wave. No 2-1B though :(.
  22. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    What was the fig with skeletol mask with Saber? (Far right)
  23. darthmohican Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats Seasee Tinn in Clone armor
  24. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh that's right , from the clone wars cartoon.

So any figures that grab your attention? I am just waiting to see them
    in stores around here for cryin out loud!

Would definetly be interested in more jedi or clones.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.