2008 NIT (National Invitational Tournament)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Anyone pay attention to this? It's overshadowed by the NCAA March Madness Tournament. Some teams that should have made the NCAA Tournament like Arizona St. and Illinois St. are in it. My school (Southern Illinois University) is in it as well. We just beat Oklahoma State tonight 69-53.

The brackets for the NIT this year can be found here.
  2. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Let's Go Cal!!!!!!!

[face_tired]

I'm getting sick of Cal going to the NIT, despite them winning it in 1999. I'm beginning to think it's better to not play in any tournament at all than going to this low-tier thing. If a team isn't in the top 64 or so in the nation, there shouldn't be any reward for them.

Besides, we'll get killed by Ohio State after we win the first round anyways. Getting beat in the 2nd round of the NIT looks horrible...
  3. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
    Let's go Buckeyes! Let's win the "Kiss your Sister" tournament! And let's all be thankful our favorite teams aren't in the CBI
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Hmm...no one to cheer for. Go Buckeyes, I guess!
  5. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
  6. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Well, since FSU is already out (oh well), I suppose OSU is as good as any... though I don't think Inty wants to thank me for that, as the last few times I pulled for OSU were certain national championship games against UF.

I suppose I could also pull for Maryland (not a rival) there... really doesn't bother me. Good luck to those whose teams are involved though, as I do know what its like to have a school in the NIT :p
  7. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    I hope the Buckeyes can pull through on this one! :D
  8. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Now that I see everyone's rooting for Ohio State, I might as well dig in and root heartily for Cal. I know the Bears could beat the Buckeyes, and the more fans with them the better. :p
  9. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dang, that was too close tonight for Cal. But hey, we'll take a win. Next stop: Ohio St. :(
  10. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
  11. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright, Inty, today decides who is the best 2nd-tier team in the country. Forget the rest of the bracket. It's you against me.
  12. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
    If cal wins, I ban you.

Either way, I win.

:p
  13. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You can't win, Inty. If you ban me, Cal shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
  14. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Sorry Inty, but Ohio State gets a big fat F for the paint job on the court. For a postseason game... ugh. Makes me not want to watch it even if I did have time.
  15. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah, I thought it was painted on for volleyball but then I realized that it ain't volleyball season.
  16. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What does it matter how lines are drawn if Cal can't even score 60 points??? :_|

OSU totally manhandled Anderson today. The Buckeyes played such tremendous defense that I tore several chunks out of my hair out of frustration. The way we shot the ball made me want to die or scream and then die.
  17. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
    Well, keep in mind that's not their actual home court. That's being used for a Bruce Springsteen concert tonight, so they had to move to a different court on Campus.
  18. Dan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm personally hoping for a Florida - OSU championship game. :D
  19. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, I thought it was painted on for volleyball but then I realized that it ain't volleyball season.

Same, except for me it was noticing that despite the size it was missing all the other volleyball lines instead of thinking about the season.

And Inty, they could have still pulled the normal floor and moved it... or at least used a floor that wasn't quite so obnoxious. They had enough time to do so, easily, even given relatively short notice.

And if it is OSU-UF, then nobody will watch besides OSU and UF fans, and not even most of those, because everybody is sick of that matchup. Of course, thats really how it would be anyways, no matter who was playing.
  21. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
    We're just about to that reality
  22. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6

I just remembered that Cal beat Clemson 71-70 in the final in 1999. i was upset after that game because we should have won on a tip in that was botched.
  23. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    Ooh...Florida vs OSU...good time to get some revenge. :D
  24. Onoto Jedi Knight

star 5
    It's like a comic book series, and they keep recycling the same villain and plot. Thrills! Spills! Chills! It's GATORMAN versus THE MAD BUCKEYE!
  25. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    And with a whimper, the NIT is over. Congrats, Ohio State, for whatever it matters. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.