2008 Presidential Election: Who should be the Democrat Nominee?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by TheBoogieMan, Nov 28, 2006.

?

2008 Presidential Election: Who should be the Democrat Nominee?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Hillary Clinton 16 vote(s) 17.2%
Barack Obama 48 vote(s) 51.6%
Tom Vilsak 0 vote(s) 0.0%
John Kerry 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Al Gore 12 vote(s) 12.9%
Joe Biden 0 vote(s) 0.0%
John Edwards 1 vote(s) 1.1%
Bill Richardson 1 vote(s) 1.1%
Evan Bayh 3 vote(s) 3.2%
Other 12 vote(s) 12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Good call, sounds like a winning ticket to me. :D
  2. icqfreak Chosen One

star 4
    That would be a nice ticket. I voted for Gore myself, I dare anyone to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" and not want him to be in the running.

Funny thought though, wouldn't it be weird if we had a clinton/gore ticket again...could happen, or gore/clinton too.
  3. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I chose Al Gore. He's come along way since 2000 in earning my respect (I voted for Nader that year :p ). Also, he's the only candidate (besides Obama) that I would fully support, rather than vote for solely because they have don't have an 'R' after their name. :p

I completely agree.
  4. Drac39 Chosen One

star 6
    Barrack Obama will be the first black President...

after David Palmer of course:p
  5. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Obama. Without hesitation or reservation, and with 100% enthusiasm.

He is the best candidate to come along with Robert Kennedy in 1968, and we've basically waited two generations of political candidates for another person of his ability to come along.

This country desperately needs the injection of intelligence, charisma and common sense that he would provide.
  6. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    This is a big election for me, because it'll be the first election I'll be eligible to vote in. I'd like to see either Gore or Obama. Them running together would be even better.
  7. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of Gore / Obama.

And as John Edwards is currently out of Office, perhaps with his legal background, he can be brought back into the fold as Attorney General? Would even add more to a dream ticket...
  8. emporergerner Jedi Master

star 4
    I like hillary. I hope she's like Bill.

Besides the whole monica Lewinski thing, he was a pretty good president.
  9. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    So where will Hillary get to put the cigars? Where the sun don't shine? o_O
  10. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Dick Morris was on Fox News recently and said that if Hillary is elected, she will use the name / title President Rodham. What are your thoughts on that? Shouldn't she use Clinton, her married name, and the name she has used as a Senator?
  11. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    It's only a name, she can use either one or both for all I care. Would it change what she would stand for, or the level of quality in which she preforms the job? No. So what does it matter?
  12. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    There have been two Presidents named Adams, two Presidents named Bush, and two Presidents named Johnson. What's the problem?
  13. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It would prove that she is a flip-flop ;)

Hillary Rodham (Before she was married)
    Hillary Clinton (When Bill Clinton was first campaigning for President)
    Hillary Rodham-Clinton (After Bill Clinton was elected President)
    Hillary Clinton (When she was elected Senator)
    Hillary Rodham (if elected President)
  14. Darth Mischievous Force Ghost

star 6
    It doesn't really matter about Hillary.

She'll never be President.
  15. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8

This is not a good thing. Oh, hey, our guy is terrible, but at least their guy is worse? What kind of sense does that make? I don't care who gets elected as long as they were the best person for the job, not the lesser dunce.
  16. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    Hillary Clinton. That way, a Republican wins. [face_dancing]

Seriously, though, the person I most like of those choices is Obama, but Hillary will just be too easy for the Grand Old Party.

edit: I really should elaborate, however... my vote will depend on who the GOP decides upon, and all probability says they will choose someone I approve of. In this case and this case only, I want teh Hilarity standing at the other podium. But if not, I may vote Democrat in my first Presidential (and I hope it's not her).
  17. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/16/bayh.out/index.html?eref=edition

As of today, Evan Bayh has dropped out of the 2008 Presidential race.
  18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Out of all of the possible candidates, I would have to go with Barack Obama.
  19. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Quoted For Truth.

I'm honestly wondering if she is the actual "front-runner", or if the media is just making her out to be. It's absolutely not scientific, but I can't name more than five people who are enthusiastic about Hillary running for president, both online and personally. Majority of the people I've seen don't want her to run, either because they don't think she'd win or don't like her, while the others either like her a little, but have more favorable candidates in mind, or because they're a Democrat and as the Democrat nominee, would represent their ideals more than the Republican candidate (most likely). I've seen very, very few strong Hillary supporters - and yet the media is insisting that she's the favored candidate and such. It could be true, I don't know, I don't pay attention to front-runner polls this early because I think they're garbage, but who knows. Anyway, chances of her getting the nomination are slim, and if she does she won't win.
  20. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I honestly can't see it being anyone other than Hillary.
  21. jedikitty19 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  22. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    Clinton/Obama seems to me a likely scenario. It would appease most democrats and for those with concerns on Obama's experience, he has a powerful role and so long as Hilary isn't worse then Bush, he has a guarenteed spot for President after her term(s) end.
    But if Gore decides to run, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
  23. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bill Richardson, followed by Barack Obama.
  24. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I went with Bayh, even though he's announced that he's not running. He's my senator and he's a bloody good one, IMO. Plus, not really impressed with any of the other candidates.
  25. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I picked Obama. The US needs to be inspired again, and he seems like the guy to do it.

But I'm not a US citizen, and so I'm irrelevant. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.