main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards Video and Photos

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey did anyone take photos? We saw lots of flashes going off but havent seen any stills surface of the Awards.

Here is AeroSith film Segment 1 of 3: AeroSith wakes up.

AeroSith Film Segment 2 of 3: AeroSith travels around Long Island trying to find the I-CON convention to perform.

AeroSith Film Segment 3 of 3: AeroSith arrives just in time at I-CON and performs "The Sith Will Rule Again."

AeroSith performing "The Church of the Sith" at I-CON's masquerade Ball on April 5, 2008

Video of the awards will come soon. --Billy

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Billy, thankx for posting the clips. I think next year the audio at Masquerade needs to be louder.The lighting could be better .

3. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Well done!

I have added those videos to my favourites list.

Gratefully, the "nerf herder" at the table next to me in the dress and combat boots could not be heard in the masq video.

4. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Those ones of the band getting to the show are a riot! Really funny stuff, guys. How many days did that take to shoot? Must have taken forever

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Sven and CLive,
    The most amazing thing about all this is that we shot every bit of thatfootage within 14 days of the con - and it worked. We didnt feel we missed anything.

If you watched all three segments, this was the breakdown:

One evening of 3 hours to shoot the arrival backstage at the venue part.

One long day 12 hours to shoot all the outside footage on Long Island and the bedroom and house stuff. That was a grueling day.

One afternoon of two hours (not including driving) for the Big Duck footage.

Then one hour pick up shooting of the Emperor and Mauled in the house.

So all total; 18 hours shooting, which is pretty quick.

I'm also not including a long day of location scouting in early March. We went to all the locations to look at cam angles and write material.

And Moriah's camera work was brilliant. It made things so easy. A lot of the later stuff were single takes.

It was fun to edit. --Billy

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Here is a highlight video of the 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 now available on youTube.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlBP1__8uU
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6SgGEm9kA

--Billy

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey everybody,
    The Graham Norton show from the UK had comedien Eddie Izzard on tonight. He showed the entire "Death Star Cafeteria" fan film on the show (which Eddie did the audio for). Pretty impressive.

For those who dont remember: DB516's 2008 Star Wars Fan awards at the I-CON convention on Long Island presented the best fan film award to the 15 year old Long Island kid who made that film.
    --Billy

8. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hey Billy,thats great news. when are we
    gonna start working on next years award show?

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    We'll have to have an AeroSith meeting to discuss the material that the band will contribute to the awards and at the next DB516 meeting we should have some stuff to report abd discuss with the whole group. --Billy

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    If there is anyone else who doesnt attend the meetings and has an idea of what you'd like to see at the awards, please let us know.
    Its part awards show and part comedy show.
    --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.