main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC 2008 TROOPING EVENTS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by haruwindsong, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    We're fast coming up on the PNE. The only sticking point is the weather. If it rains, we won't be heading over as the PNE will cancel the parade. If there are intermittent showers scheduled, I'll put it to the group to decide whether or not we should go.

Now, banking against the worse outcome---not going over 24 Aug---should the PNE be willing to have us on Labour Day, how many people would be interested in making a go of it that day?

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    We-ell, now, I imagine as I'd be quite alright with that being the plan, if indeed the weather does prove to be a wee bit too finicky and temperamental for this weekend (heck, just look at how it's been here today - lowering gloomy clouds this morning, still way the heck too cool-ish for August if you ask me, and yet as I'm looking out my window right now I can actually see sunshine, in amongst the wind-scudding clouds) - heck, I was also just thinking that if we did end up going for the Labour Day appearance, well....just imagine the massive crowds we'd likely see right about then, I presume, and quite possibly even more so than we had for it last year....which was already goin' some as I recall. ;) And of course, more crowds means more attention enjoyed in turn, and methinks we may all be quite fond of that.... :D

Dawn. (doing a sunny weather-dance, just in case)

3. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I have contacted the PNE representative to cancel our troop for 24 Aug due to rain. Victoria's forecast is for showers which invariably means Vancouver will be a downpour.

On the same note, I've also queried them with regards to Labour Day Monday. I know they've got a "theme" dedicated to the parade for that weekend (50s Rock and Roll), but I've let them know we would be more than happy to just pad out the parade for them.

To you rare SW visitors to the boards these days, if you're interested and I receive and affirmative back from the PNE, I would appreciate a head count soonest if you're interested in trying to 01 Sep. Thanks.

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Ohhhh, hey, most definitely, and I should think as they'd (hopefully) not have any issues at all with us along for the occasion that day - even if it is a bit more of a themed event, since to be fair we always seem to be a hit and rousing success, and basically end up garnering all sorts of positive attention, enthusiastic feedback regardless....I mean, honestly, just in general doesn't SW *always* belong, isn't it *always* proper and fitting time for SW, then? Aahhhh, yes, by all rights and reason it surely should be.... :) So certainly then I'd hope as they'd have no problems at all letting us be involved there - especially since they did seem to enjoy us last time, as I recall, so surely that bodes well.... Besides, insofar as trooping in a parade with a distinct, definite theme otherwise is in fact concerned, well....we *did* do our bit o' trooping about in the Buccaneer Days parade, after all, and generally speaking that's a mostly pirate-themed event....

....I mean, honestly, there we were with yo-ho-ho'ing to the left of us, and swashbuckling to the right, and the overriding theme of it was naturally just arrrr, pirates anyway, and yet- oh, and *yet*, I'd still have to say as we put in a mighty good showing, and we were obviously quite the hit and had a huge positive response in general....even if we're not so much pirate-ly in theme, then, still I'd say as we managed to fit in quite nicely....surely we belonged, just the same, no matter even the theme of the day otherwise. And so hopefully that, in turn, might only bode well for what happens with the PNE for Labour Day....I mean, really, I *do* have to start trotting out my full-blown costume kit here, I have everything shy of the boots and I can't *wait* to show 'er off, in any case....oooooooo, so pretty.... ;) Besides, there aren't nearly enough occasions in this city to go out and about, kitted up in costume and even just for the sheer fun of it, at that....if you ask me. ;) :D *chortles*

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.