main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2008 US Presidential Election - who do you want to win?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 10, 2008.

?

2008 US Presidential Election - who do you want to win?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Barack Obama

64.7%
  2. John McCain

28.2%
  3. Another candidate who is currently running

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thank you :p

2. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    *More easily. :-B

And you're welcome, NYCitygurl. :p

3. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Same thoughts exactly.

4. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    No being an american citizen my opinion hardly counts :p but I would vote for Obama if i could, altho either of the the candidates (Obama & Mcain) would be better than the current President/administration :p

The day Bush is finally evicted from the white house there will probably be a world wide party to celebrate the event, especially in Europe hehe

5. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    McCain.

Hussein Obama is far too inexperienced to serve as the most powerful leader of a nation in the world. What experience does he have, not even 3 years in the US Senate and has never passed any major legistalature while in office. As well as lying to the American public face during the Rev. Wright incident. First, he didn't realize that Wright was saying these things. Later, he realized that those messages could be construed as radical. And furthermore, he wants to completely rewrite the system, everything. Start from scratch. The founders created the system of government the way they did so that it could tweaked and changed to what worked. Now he wants to come in and completely start over, that is a extremely frightening idea. Even now he has proposed over almost 1 trillion dollars in new spending, and even more by election time.

6. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Obama is as old as many people with children in college, and as any young adult can tell you, "Parents just don't understand.":p

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

Why is it that some Republicans insist on refering to Barack Obama by his middle name? Is it some kind of lame scare tactic which tries to link him to some terrorist cell or the ousted tyrant who ruled Iraq?

Both Carl Rove and Sen. McCain have recommended that Republican supporters do not do this because it hurts McCain's chances by making his supporters look like bigots, yet some people insist on doing so. I am interested in understanding why some insist on continuing to do so.

Quote from Carl Rove condemning the attempts of some to belittle Sen. Obama by refering only to his middle name....
    http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/02/rove_dont_hussein_obama_1.php

Youtube clip of McCain condemning those who degrade Sen. Clinton and Sen. Obama....
    http://belowthebeltway.com/2008/02/27/the-barack-hussein-obama-controversy/

I won't even get into the tax comment, which is misrepresented and doesn't explain how he pays for it and has a balanced budget plan to boot while at the same time lowering taxes for a majority of the middle class. At least Sen. Obama plans to pay for his initiatives by taxing the obscenely rich who are hording a growing percentage of the nations wealth (look up "robber barons", the wealth distribution in the USA hasn't been so lopsided since the early 19th century), rather than McCain's plan to let our kids pay for everything we are doing now.

Nor will I get into the constant misrepresentation of the Rev. Wright issues, which honestly boil down to taking Rev. Wright's career which spans decades and sum him up with a few seconds of soundbites, and also claiming that Obama was present for all of these "racist speeches" (the language of which is usually very similar to the great Martin Luther King Jr.) regardless of proof that he was elsewhere.

8. The_Slilent_One

Sep 19, 2004
    ahh u gotta love politics, it brings out the partisan in all of us :p

but that is the beauty and power of democracy so alleluia i say! [face_peace] [face_dancing]

9. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
  10. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Obama.

Hands down.

And that?s coming from someone who would support whatever candidate can offer best for my country, regardless of party. This time it?s Obama.

Honestly, do people REALLY want another Bush for 4, maybe even 8, God forbid, more years? Do people really WANT to be at war, to kill hundreds ? thousands ? more of our boys? And for what? Do people really WANT another cold war (regardless of what the opinion is of Russia or any other country).

We need a president that can set our economy straight, will bring our boys home, and make up with other countries whom the current administration only wants to shut out (we can have our big say, but other nations are a part of this world too).

Right now, I see only one major candidate who CAN and is WILLING to offer us that.

That?s Obama.

11. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Obama, he is the best choice for both the US and the rest of the world. Not that aging puppet McCain.

12. The_Slilent_One

Sep 19, 2004
    Obama, he is the best choice for both the US and the rest of the world. Not that aging puppet McCain.

My sentiments exactly

13. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
  14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Obama -- I'm tired of old, unchangeables in the seat of power. We need some young(er) blood.

15. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Obama. I like his health care and disability policies the most, plus I cannot stand having another Republican President. Eight years with Bush was torture. It's embarrassing to admit you're American when abroad, because of the reputation the US now has. We have to change that, and I believe that Obama's the one to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.