main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary 2009/10/31 - TELUS World of Science Halloween Event

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BH-7113, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    TELUS World of Science Halloween Event

When: Saturday, October 31 12:30-4pm

Where: TELUS World of Science, We're right downtown!
    701 - 11 Street S.W., Calgary, Alberta

http://www.calgaryscience.ca/index.php

The Star Wars Dudes at our Halloween event last year was such a fantastic addition, and I would love to see this repeated.

Come down to the science centre on Halloween day for a frightfully good time ? and candy treats! Join our mad scientists and artists in ghoulishly fun hands-on experiments, watch live demonstrations including ?Blood and Gore?, and meet all our ?Creepy Critters? up close and personal. Plus meet all your favourite Star Wars characters, the witch from the attic as she whips up a batch of her famous ?Ice Scream?, and win prizes in the costume parade!

2. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Ahh! Thanks for posting this Scot! Some of us were beginning to wonder, and did not want to make any assumptions, one way or the other.

3. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Is anybody going from the FanForce? to this event we will be there for a few hours.
    What time do we have to be there? And were do we meet? and what about parking?
    Thanks John[face_skull][face_pumpkin]

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    This is one of the biggest events of the year for costumed FF members! You bet there will be others! Me for starters!

5. BH-7113

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi Scot,

I am very happy to hear that you will be joining us at TELUS World of
    Science for Halloween again this year. I will again be your main point of
    contact and will set you up in our boardroom located on our third floor. We
    were hoping to have your group wandering around our centre by 12:00 noon.

Please send me any questions you have about our event.

Thanks,

Jeff Hessel
    TELUS World of Science - Calgary

Park you vehicle...go in, tell them who your with (Star Wars),get the parking pass, put it in your window...

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Apologies for the late reply - I will be there too!!

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    It was a fun outing as usual - even though attendance was down this year (flue-scare mostly likely).
    Thanks to the 501st for inviting us - I got to wear my new Barris costume!! [face_mischief]

Happy Halloween everyone![face_pumpkin]

8. BH-7113

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi Scot,

I saw you for a moment today and did not have the opportunity to talk with you.

First of all, I wanted to thank you and your group for joining us at our Halloween event today. The Star Wars characters are always a big hit with our visitors, and this year was no different. I hope that everyone who came had a good time.

I wanted to apologize for the confusion around our parking system and charges today. The installation of the City?s Park Plus system has taken away the ability to offer complementary parking day passes. I know that many members of your organization were not very happy with the situation. I am sorry that I did not inform you before your visit today. I have sent an email to members of our senior staff informing them of the situation and to ask if there is something further we can do for your group. I will let you know how they respond.

TELUS World of Science truly values our relationship with the Badlands Garrison. You have been a great supporter of ours for the last 5+ years. We hope that today?s situation does not change that for the future.

Thanks,

Jeff

I have some free passes to the science center for anyone who was there. Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.