main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2009 Beyond the Saga Awards- Ceremony August 1st at NOON board time!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beyond_Fanfic_Awards, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It was Updated???? :eek:

And Wow!!

Congrats to All the noms!! [face_dancing]

2. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Beyond_Fanfic_Awards Beyond FanFic Awards Sock star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 8, 2005
    Alrighties, just a reminder that excerpt submission is open!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm sorry this message is coming late, but I was working and haven't had Internet access for almost a week.

While I really appreciate and am flattered by The Wizards' School being nommed for Best Epic, I feel that I have to ask for it to be pulled out of the running. After reconsidering the story, I have no intention of finishing this particular version of the tale, and therefore I don't think it would be fair to keep a story that I know is going to be abandoned in the running. :)

Thanks!

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I have corrected it for you. :)

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Question about the excerpts concerning Best Series: I have two stories nominated in on category. Does that mean I should send in two seperate excerpts?

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    You still get one excerpt per category. But good question, that could be something to bring up in a post awards discussion.

7. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Question: Does the excerpt have to come from posts that were made in last year or can they come from any part of the story?

Thanks.

8. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    No it does not, feel free to use any sections of your story that you want.

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Excerpt submitted. Good luck to all.

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I had never expected these excerpts to be so difficult! :eek: Especially when your story is almost 400 pages long. [face_plain]

11. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Just a reminder, if you haven't gotten your excerpts in, you have until midnight board time to do so. :)

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Since voting will be underway in just a few short hours, here again are the specifics for voting:

VOTING PROCESS:

1) Select which of the fics from the qualifying list you would like to vote for.

2) Send in your votes in ONE PM.

3) You are not required to provide any links with your votes. Simply indicate the category and qualifying story/character/author you wish to vote for.

4) You will NOT receive a confirmation PM regarding your votes. If you do not receive a PM from the awards sock within 24 hours of your PM being read, then you did everything correctly.

VOTING RULES:

1. You must register prior to voting, so that we ensure that you are not a sock. Registration will be open through the voting period.

2. No voting with a sock. Voting with a sock WILL result in a short-term ban and none of your votes will be allowed.

3. You may vote only once in each era, in one PM as stated earlier. If you send your votes in multiple PMs, they will not be counted. The only exception will be on a case-by-case basis, per information given to you by THIS SOCK only.

4. Voting is open from July 16 at 12:01 AM board time until July 25 11:59 PM board time. Late votes will not be counted at all?no exceptions. Early votes will be returned and you will be expected to send your vote in again under the correct timeline. No exceptions. See rule #7 if you will not be available during the voting period.

5. PM the Beyond the Saga Awards Sock with your vote. Votes sent elsewhere will not be counted.

6. Only fics on the Qualifying List are eligible for votes. Votes for other fics will not be counted.

7. If you will not be available or internet-accessible during the voting time period, arrange with the host,
    LilyHobbitJedi
    , for absentee voting. This must be arranged ahead of time, before the excerpt period ends. Those needing an absentee ballot will follow all of the voting rules.

8. You cannot vote for yourself. Votes for yourself will not be counted.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    WInding down voting is....Just a bump for the thread:)

14. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Voting ends tonight at midnight board time, so don't forget to get those votes in if you haven't already done so. :D

15. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sorry, but...

I think it's still July 25th, board time, for almost 5 more hours...

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Yikes! You are absolutely right, I apologize for my error. [face_blush] If anyone sent any votes in tonight, I would certainly accept them.

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Cool! Thank you!

It will be better, though, if you change the header accordingly, because it's a bit misleading...

18. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Just a reminder that the ceremony is this Saturday at noon. :D

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm not quite sure how it happened, but the three Saturdays I had plans this summer were the three Saturdays of the Awards Ceremonies. :oops: I'm heading up to Nashville today with rhonderoo to see Harry Potter on the IMAX and I'll try to be online via wireless, but if it doesn't work:

Congrats and good luke - LUCK - to all the nominees! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.