main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY 2009 Costuming Thread - Construction & Questions

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Feel free to use this thread to discuss any costumes, ask questions, or show off your work.

2. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    At the Camp Good Days Gala, we will all be required to be in costume. That means if you do not have one, we'll need to get to work on a basic costume of some sort (while still looking good) or borrowing an extra costume that someone may have. This is not something that you want to wait until June to start thinking about.

3. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Hijacking my own thread....

A new Vader under suit should be on it's way. I may need to add a piece of mesh to the back to 1. make it bigger 2 allow it to breathe a little more.

4. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    I really truely want to work on my Endor Rebel trooper uniform and a x-wing pilot suit.
    Can someone set up a couple of weekends where I can work on these two together?
    I think I'd actually get both done in a couple weekends if I had someone to hang out with during construction.
    All my weekends are free!

5. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    I may have an extra pilot flight suit (gotta find what I have), one modified and two not modified. I will sell one to you for what I paid for it, obviously the modified one being more. PM me if you are interested.

6. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Working on two new costumes in the family.... :D

Having difficulty finding Clone Wars Anakin shoulder armor / Obi CW armor, if anyone hears anything or has molded anything from sintras (or would like to try ;) ), Obi and I need help!

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Lisa,

Did you try the Son of the Suns board or perhaps maybe CTN or CloneEmpire?
    I doubt they'd have anything on the 501 Sith Lord boards but you might have better luck with the Sons or one of the clone boards since its Clone Wars era.

Theres also Jedi-J on the Reb Legion boards but I believe he's at NYCC this weekend.

8. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I'll need to borrow enough to be presentable in costume for the gala.

There's a first for everything! [face_whistling]

9. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Thanks Wingy!
    Yes, I am part of SOTS. They have been talking about the Anakin armor, but cannot find someone to do it. That is where I got the info on the sintras, but that is something that Larry and I have never done and Anakin does not really wear the Vader shoulder armor, it is modified (so I have read, not too good with this armor stuff yet :( ). Never thought of the SL boards, but like you said Anakin before the fall is not a Sith Lord yet, so I doubt they would have his clone armor. I'll go check some clone boards, maybe see if Mike has seen anything or can give me some insight. Supposedly, someone is looking into making the Ani/Obi armor... hope to hear more on that! :)

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Nada on the SLD. I've been there everyday looking for new shoulders for myself. Best bet may be the RPF. I keep checking that as well.

Good news!

My new undersuit arrived yesterday! It smells like smoke, but nothing some febreeze can't fix.

Better news!

It fits without alterations! I may need to add a small piece to the back, but could just do more situps and keep eating better. Now I can see how some othre vader costumers pad their costumes. The arms are a little big. My guns aren't big enough to fill them out on their own so I may need some 'enhancement" to make it look more realistic. It will also take up much less room in my bins.

The new suit will get its first run on Sunday!

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I think I should be set on the bodysuit and not require alterations.

Still need to replace my shoulder armor and working on a voice changer.

12. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I just have some minor work to my flak vest so I can use my new flightsuit. 15 minutes tops.

13. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Still need to switch out the buckle on my chest box. Oh, and paint my new helmet.

14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I picked up a spray gun for the compressor to paint things. All I'd need to do is get some automotive paints from NAPA.

15. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    My Endor helmet, the hard doughnut part, is on it's way.
    I'll be dyeing the coat and pants when I get it.
    Is anyone free the weekend of the 28th to work together on stuff?

16. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry, not free. Attending the Birthday party we've been requested to, then off to the monthly meeting. The rest of the weekend, i'm busy with real life obligations.

17. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Is anyone else working on their costume? Please keep in mind that the CGD Gala will be upon us before we know it. We'll need to look our best.

I consolidated to one bin for Vader. Plenty of room. We'll see how it works out this weekend.

18. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    As Chris stated above, if you do not have a costume and want to attend the Gala, we cannot wait until June to do this.

We have the Saturdays in March(14th and 21st)free. If people who want to do the Gala and need a costume want to come to our house, we can work on getting them suited up. We can also discuss?and work on any fine-tuning that needs to be done.

I'm not sure that I will be able to make everyone's costume (old age has been making itself known lately), if you come to the March event, we will have enough time to get you into something. If you can't attend, then you will need to make it known what you need. There will be no last-minute costuming for this event.

Keep in mind that the Gala is called A NEW HOPE.

19. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Of course you know my PITA requests: CW Anakin and Ahsoka and your hubby's CW Obi that is all needed for the Bisons event before the GALA. [face_whistling] [:D]

20. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Let me know if I can help with anything.

21. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I need to get my act together, so either March 14 or 21 would work for me.
    [face_whistling]

I need the help!

22. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Thanks Chris! Hopefully Larry and I will be getting together very soon for an armor fitting "party". I am sure drinks will be in order afterwards! [face_laugh] We will let you know and if you can make it, that would be great.

23. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002

Hey Larry, when would you like to do this? We have more dueling sessions to get through too... maybe I should just move in? [face_laugh] I will be there on March 21st and 28th (both days open) so Janice can get us out of the way and we could get a lot of other stuff accomplished before and after, if you would like? We will be getting together before then too I am sure. :) And the monster has returned.... [face_laugh]

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I may have a deal on a screen accurate outer robe, inner surcoat, and gloves that I may not be able to pass up!

I'm hoping to get some warmer weather to be able to get some thing sout of the garage to set up for some prop building if needed.

25. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.